Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Orion

Before MTA Bus Company

567 on the QBx1

1000057iii.jpg

This is my only shot I have taken before MTA Bus Company has taken over the private bus companies of Queens. This is 567 on the QBx1.

EDIT: It's actually the only whitebacked Queens Surface bus I've seen. My guess is it was in the middle of being taken over by MTA Bus Company, judging by the time I caught this bus.

The rest of these shots are from the bus roadeo on the last time I've made it to one. Enjoy!

100-V.jpg

621-V.jpg

1059-V.jpg

1502-V.jpg

3006-V.jpg

3758-V.jpg

3865-V.jpg

5227-V.jpg

8466-V.jpg

10001-V.jpg

Nice stuff. I remember riding them on the QBx1, but I don't remember the buses ringing though...too young to remember.

Thanks guys! I wish I had used the camera more, prior to the MTA Bus Company takeover.

By the way, the QBx1 photo was a complete photoshop. Looks like I'm not too bad at it! :(

EDIT: I find it funny how many people are talking behind my back over this photo... Hilarious!

Guest MTA Bus
Thanks guys! I wish I had used the camera more, prior to the MTA Bus Company takeover.

By the way, the QBx1 photo was a complete photoshop. Looks like I'm not too bad at it! :(

EDIT: I find it funny how many people are talking behind my back over this photo... Hilarious!

I knew it was a photoshop. I can tell by the numbers and the Queens Surface Logo. They look like they were drawn. Still, Nice Pics

I knew it was a photoshop. I can tell by the numbers and the Queens Surface Logo. They look like they were drawn. Still, Nice Pics
:tup:

Thanks a lot, if only I knew what Queens Surface used as a font... Haha!

Heh... thought so. I was going to post something, but the logo is too small, the font for the numbers is wrong, and the stripe color is inconsistent.

And on top of that, whitebacked Surface Orion Vs were actually in the majority.

Good shop though -- it did almost fool me.

Nice pics. I knew that Orion was a photoshop just because only 500-512 had a black window trim....

Hahaha yeah I was pulling crap from my...

Heh... thought so. I was going to post something, but the logo is too small, the font for the numbers is wrong, and the stripe color is inconsistent.

And on top of that, whitebacked Surface Orion Vs were actually in the majority.

Good shop though -- it did almost fool me.

Thanks, do you have any idea what the Queens Surface font really is?

Also the stripes weren't too consistent back in the days.. Replacement panels and such.. This was actually 9910 photoshopped, which also has a discolored stripe.

I was only bothered since some people blocked me, and I've also lost some friends, over a bus photo. :)

Thanks, do you have any idea what the Queens Surface font really is?

I was only bothered since some people blocked me, and I've also lost some friends, over a bus photo. :)

I don't know the name, but I do know that it was a script font where the Q looks more like a 2. (Now that I think about it that should have given it away right from the onset.)

And the fact that people blocked you over this is downright ridiculous.