NICE CEO Mike Setzer on News 12

Burrstone

Saw it. Hope for the best, but I don't know what could happen in the future. With just $2 million, it isn't enough to run a system like that.

With the MTA they've been paying $10 million, but a$$ Mangano decides to pay way less with Veolia, wow.... He needs to be out!!

Good interview, too bad it couldn't be longer. The Journalist did some research, asked real questions, and Setzer answered them well.

Though, he essentially said the MTA didn't have traffic checkers when in fact I've seen them on the N6 before, (once with MTA/LIB a few years ago, once with Violia checkers during the transition last month.) but I doubt the MTA used them much on LIB or they would have made better scheduling choices. They probably just relied on MetroCard data to get an idea of ridership.

Saw it. Hope for the best, but I don't know what could happen in the future. With just $2 million, it isn't enough to run a system like that.

With the MTA they've been paying $10 million, but a$$ Mangano decides to pay way less with Veolia, wow.... He needs to be out!!

I think the story is that Violia told the county they could do it with $2 million to get the bid.

You do realize veolia's budget is $102 million right? The $2 million is not the only source of funding NICE gets. check their website you will know what I mean

You do realize veolia's budget is $102 million right? The $2 million is not the only source of funding NICE gets. check their website you will know what I mean

But does that cover the other system Veolia has?

Mark1447, I think you might like this picture.

I think one of passenger want him out, too.

396991_2628440263251_1022642806_32635080_1186753135_n.jpg

Well Veolia runs other transit systems across the world.

The $2 million is just the subsidy that Nassau County is giving Violia to run NICE Bus, they get funding from other sources such as Fares, ads, etc.

Veolia's other transit systems have their own operating budgets and funding sources.

The $2 million is just the subsidy that Nassau County is giving Violia to run NICE Bus, they get funding from other sources such as Fares, ads, etc.

Veolia's other transit systems have their own operating budgets and funding sources.

That's still not enough funding. The MTA still came out on top every time the metrocard is swiped they make $1.75 Veolia makes $.50. They are going to need more funding. And Nassau is still using there terminals such as Jamaica 165th, Mineola and all the other LIRR stations. Nassau still has to pay them for that. Either way he is still paying MTA money. So in the end Mangano still lose!

That's still not enough funding. The MTA still came out on top every time the metrocard is swiped they make $1.75 Veolia makes $.50. They are going to need more funding. And Nassau is still using there terminals such as Jamaica 165th, Mineola and all the other LIRR stations. Nassau still has to pay them for that. Either way he is still paying MTA money. So in the end Mangano still lose!

That's actually $0.0175 (less than $0.02). It's sort of like a royalty for the use of a MetroCard.

I still don't know how transfers work. I guess they split the cost evenly.

Did you not pay attention??? veolia's budget is $102 million!!!! did the article or what I said blow past you? veolia is running nassau's system with $102 million total

Did you not pay attention??? veolia's budget is $102 million!!!! did the article or what I said blow past you? veolia is running nassau's system with $102 million total

Dude, I know that! I didn't quote you...

That's still not enough funding. The MTA still came out on top every time the metrocard is swiped they make $1.75 Veolia makes $.50. They are going to need more funding.

Ok they are paying MTA money, what's there other option? Did you take into account how much it would have cost to replace all of the fare boxes? I'm sure Veolia did.

And Nassau is still using there terminals such as Jamaica 165th, Mineola and all the other LIRR stations. Nassau still has to pay them for that. Either way he is still paying MTA money. So in the end Mangano still lose!

Actually I think the people who ride LIB/NICE bus to and from Queens won.

and all the other LIRR stations. Nassau still has to pay them for that.

...and SCT stops at LIRR station, what's your point? Can you tell me how much if anything Veolia has to pay the MTA to stop at LIRR stations?

Ok they are paying MTA money, what's there other option? Did you take into account how much it would have cost to replace all of the fare boxes? I'm sure Veolia did.

Actually I think the people who ride LIB/NICE bus to and from Queens won.

...and SCT stops at LIRR station, what's your point? Can you tell me how much if anything Veolia has to pay the MTA to stop at LIRR stations?

Umm my point is the MTA still came on top, Nassau still has to pay. What's your point?

So you think the (MTA) came out on top because Veolia is leasing fare boxes from the (MTA) as opposed spending the money of buying new fare boxes? As far as Veolia using metrocards, based on the posts here it seems Veolia gave the people what they wanted. Veolia and NICE is run by very compitent business people who have decades of experience running transportation systems, if they made the decision I PERSONALLY feel it was probably the best decision. I highly doubt they were taken advantage of by the (MTA) . I also highly doubt Veolia would give away 78% of its fare to the (MTA) to use the metrocard as you suggested!

As far as the stops at the LIRR stations and other (MTA) properties is the (MTA) coming out ob top over on Suffolk County who also uses LIRR stations? Again I ask you can you provide me with what the fee is (if any) for a another transit agency to stop at a LIRR station?

So you think the (MTA) came out on top because Veolia is leasing fare boxes from the (MTA) as opposed spending the money of buying new fare boxes? As far as Veolia using metrocards, based on the posts here it seems Veolia gave the people what they wanted. Veolia and NICE is run by very compitent business people who have decades of experience running transportation systems, if they made the decision I PERSONALLY feel it was probably the best decision. I highly doubt they were taken advantage of by the (MTA) . I also highly doubt Veolia would give away 78% of its fare to the (MTA) to use the metrocard as you suggested!

As far as the stops at the LIRR stations and other (MTA) properties is the (MTA) coming out ob top over on Suffolk County who also uses LIRR stations? Again I ask you can you provide me with what the fee is (if any) for a another transit agency to stop at a LIRR station?

Nassau still has to pay! Do you not understand that?

Who cares! This was a business decision made by Veolia, it's about business. Veolia leasing the fare boxes was the best option for Veolia, and probably a lot cheaper than buying new fare boxes. It's about making the best business decisions, and decisions that your customers want, not getting one over on the (MTA) or turning their back on the (MTA). These two needed to work with each other the past few months. It's about business not this childish pissing match you have in your head, do you understand that (prob not)?

Both Mangano and Schmitt needs to be out and never in contact with the Nassau Gov't. Also, they should cut the friggin school board's funding by a chunkful, like executive-sized pay for a friggin school board administrator, it's crazy! I really feel that it's not just about political party, it's about individuals!

most brilliant post I've read here you are the smartmaster. Now we know why nassau sucks how much they suck and how hard they fail

Archived