FamousNYLover

(MTA) Long Island Bus and Veolia Nassau Inter County Express

Which schedules do you prefer?

396796_2656707609917_1022642806_32649230_1922539818_n.jpg

381194_2656707809922_1022642806_32649231_1038280240_n.jpg

381955_2656708049928_1022642806_32649232_1689400163_n.jpg

392209_2656708369936_1022642806_32649233_43311550_n.jpg

398599_2656708569941_1022642806_32649234_1408485783_n.jpg

To Me: Veolia's schedules versions are much better and easy to read.

Long Island Bus schedules were hard to read because you have to scroll down and read like if I was reading long list of scrolls to King and Queens.

Somethin I've noticed, but never brought up til now is.... What is up w/ the lowercasing of the 'N' in the route notations... That irks me for some reason; it's like reading a newspaper or whatever & seeing someone's name printed in all lowercase letters; it's not all that professional; almost like it's not being taken (as) serious... I don't think it's simply an attempt at veolia being different either.... maybe it's just me....

Anyway, to answer your question.... The mini-maps on the NICE schedules are more detailed & informative.... I always felt the mini-maps on the LIB schedules were done half-heartedly....

Somethin I've noticed, but never brought up til now is.... What is up w/ the lowercasing of the 'N' in the route notations... That irks me for some reason; it's like reading a newspaper or whatever & seeing someone's name printed in all lowercase letters; it's not all that professional; almost like it's not being taken (as) serious... I don't think it's simply an attempt at veolia being different either.... maybe it's just me....

Anyway, to answer your question.... The mini-maps on the NICE schedules are more detailed & informative.... I always felt the mini-maps on the LIB schedules were done half-heartedly....

I'm annoyed with it as well. What's up with the lower case n?

I've noticed that with the lowercase N's the numbers of the routes are more pronounced. As we know the letters aren't as important as the numbers. It makes it easier to see when there are a group of routes as well. Look at the image noting the transfers.

On second thought, after looking at the image with the transfers, I've noticed that the Suffolk buses still have Capital Letters. Perhaps it's an attempt to keep things uniform. the NICE logo in itself is in all lowercase letters. So it's probably some unique trademarking.

I liked the capital "N" better. The lowercase "n" looks horrible.

The only schedules I could find at Hicksville today were the 73/74 (plentiful) and 50 (a handful). I do NOT like the glossy paper, and it's way too thin.

Probably because no one needs the 73, 74, and 50. The glossy paper is a waste of money.

Probably because no one needs the 73, 74, and 50. The glossy paper is a waste of money.

There were only about 8 n50s in the rack. No 80/81's, either!

And no other transit system I know of uses glossy paper for schedules. (SCT uses them for maps only, IIRC)

There were only about 8 n50s in the rack. No 80/81's, either!

And no other transit system I know of uses glossy paper for schedules. (SCT uses them for maps only, IIRC)

And no 20s or 22s? That's even more surprising.

The only schedules I could find at Hicksville today were the 73/74 (plentiful) and 50 (a handful). I do NOT like the glossy paper, and it's way too thin.

When I got off N78 today at Hicksville for New N22L, I stop by at ticket agent and agent had N20/N21 schedule.

How was the N22L? Are people using it?

I got on 5:18pm N22L and lots of riders including confused riders.

Some riders know N22L skips Roosevelt Field Mall/Mineola.

When it passed Roosevelt Field just making stops along Old Country Rd bus stop, one Asian girl was confused.

Another passenger was confused also.

Look like Veolia had MTA's LIMITED sign as you see on M2.

It just went Old Country Rd straight to Mineola Blvd.

It was very good ride and made to 5:59pm N23 Pt. Washington to Whole Food for my mom's errand.

When it passed Roosevelt Field just making stops along Old Country Rd bus stop, one Asian girl was confused.

It was very good ride and made to 5:59pm N23 Pt. Washington to Whole Food for my mom's errand.

You mean the small piece of laminated paper that says LIMITED in purple and orange?

Did Veolia change the destination sign to say LIMITED?

That's pretty cool, did the people that got confused want to go to Roosevelt Field? Did they have to jump off the bus at Glen Cove Road?

You mean the small piece of laminated paper that says LIMITED in purple and orange?

Did Veolia change the destination sign to say LIMITED?

I'd like to know about the destination sign also

That's pretty cool, did the people that got confused want to go to Roosevelt Field? Did they have to jump off the bus at Glen Cove Road?

I'd like to know about the destination sign also

On Monday the 9th, only this guy had LTD

375297_2684127335393_1022642806_32661286_987638241_n.jpg

Driver told me he was so exhauting repeating no stops at Roosevelt Field Mall/Mineola.

On Tuesday, the lady had this paper sign.

390626_2684061533748_1022642806_32661178_1446181070_n.jpg

380785_2684062053761_1022642806_32661180_1353496521_n.jpg

It was so dark out, I couldn't see where Asian girl got off. I think it was same stop as N22/N78/N79/N24/N15.

This female B/O was nice and she told me her riders are confused.

If there was clever device updated, it will sound round N20LTD, right?

Route N22X Hicksville No LIRR Mineola Station and Roosevelt Field Mall, Route N22X.

Route N22X Jamaica No Roosevelt Field Mall & LIRR Mneola Station.

Route N22X Hicksville No LIRR Mineola Station and Roosevelt Field Mall, Route N22X.

Interesting destination signs. The Clever Device door announcements would say:

"Route N22, Jamaica... N22 Limited"

"Route N22, Hicksville... N22 Limited"

On Monday the 9th, only this guy had LTD

It was so dark out, I couldn't see where Asian girl got off. I think it was same stop as N22/N78/N79/N24/N15.

This female B/O was nice and she told me her riders are confused.

Cool Shots! Do they remind riders as they board that the Limited skips those stops or do they have to mention it when they don't turn into the mall, etc?

Interesting destination signs. The Clever Device door announcements would say:

"Route N22, Jamaica... N22 Limited"

"Route N22, Hicksville... N22 Limited"

Have they changed them? The last time I was on the N6 Limited the Clever announcements weren't on, but I remember it used to say:

"Route N6, Hempstead limited, limited stops only... N6"

"Route N6, Jamaica limited, limited stops only...N6"

Even during the route it would reaffirm that it was a limited bus.

"Elmont Road, If the bus has standing room only, please move toward the rear to allow others to board. N6 Limited. Transfer, N1."

Even with that announcement people would try to get off between limited stops, and other passengers would just shake their heads.

Speaking of announcements, how come the MTA never added announcements or even updated the display to show transfers to NYCT routes? For Example:

"The next major stop is Springfield Blvd, Transfer Q2, Q27"

"The next major stop is Baisley Blvd, Transfer Q84, Q85"

"The next major stop is Farmers Blvd, Transfer Q3"

Have they changed them? The last time I was on the N6 Limited the Clever announcements weren't on, but I remember it used to say:

"Route N6, Hempstead limited, limited stops only... N6"

"Route N6, Jamaica limited, limited stops only...N6"

I think only the older ones say "Limited stops only," but there is still a few seconds pause before it repeats "N6".

Speaking of announcements, how come the MTA never added announcements or even updated the display to show transfers to NYCT routes?

Because Long Island Bus has been and always will be, looked down upon by the employees of the (MTA).

Does it bypass new cassel?

Why is that?

Because Long Island Bus was a subsidy of the (MTA) where the (MTA) provided good service, but Nassau County never paid its fair share for the service and that is part of the reason for the (MTA)'s budget cuts in 2010 because they lost so much money due to Nassau County's stupidity. The employees of the (MTA) all knew this and didn't want to work with the county.

Archived