4 line cars on the 5 line

B41

As I rode the lexington avenue subway earlier today, I saw some R142 cars

(1101-1250, 7071-7180) on the 5 line even though they are assigned for the (4) line. I also saw an R142A set on the (5) line as well. Does anyone know why this may have occured?

As I rode the lexington avenue subway earlier today, I saw some R142 cars

(1101-1250, 7071-7180) on the 5 line even though they are assigned for the (4) line. I also saw an R142A set on the (5) line as well. Does anyone know why this may have occured?

They are just doing it to mess with people! :cool:B)

Probably just a reroute without changing the "rollsign".

- Andy

Oh noes can anyone say another A div car shortage? A shortage is the only thing that can cause this to happen. The (5) line should not be short on cars there should have ran the rush hour only sets that (5) uses to fill in the gap.

Last time this "car shortage" happend werid stuff like this started happening.

Most likely the reason why this happen is because bombardier 142s from the (5) needed repair. And they took some sets from the (4) and ran them on the (5).

Thats the only thing i can think of right now. :confused:

Actually it is most likely more logical than that. Since that happened today, I imagine it has to do with the fact that the (5) is rerouted in Manhattan and the other Lexington Avenue Express Line is pulling double duty in Brooklyn. The (4) is traveling to New Lots Avenue and is accompanied by the Seventh Avenue Line during this time in both Brooklyn and Manhattan.

Besides, I do not really see the TA toiling withthe very people that allow it to reign supreme.

Actually it is most likely more logical than that. Since that happened today, I imagine it has to do with the fact that the (5) is rerouted in Manhattan and the other Lexington Avenue Express Line is pulling double duty in Brooklyn. The (4) is traveling to New Lots Avenue and is accompanied by the Seventh Avenue Line during this time in both Brooklyn and Manhattan.

Besides, I do not really see the TA toiling with the very people that allow it to reign supreme.

Not yesterday and today, no (2)/(3)/(5) switcharoo. That ended last week, today the (3) returned to Brooklyn and the (4) returned to it's normal route.

Just a G.O. this weekend affecting the (2) and (5) lines. Major work at East 180st and Dyre Avenue. Some (5) line crews are reporting to Mosholu yard for their trains. No (5) service between East 180st and 149st Grand Concourse. Some (5) crews report directly to 149st. Grand Concourse.

Archived