To the car manufacturers

Harry

Do car manufacturers want to sell cars that bad. I've already seen a second car manufacturer that is giving free or reduced price gas. No, I'm am not talking about the big three (Toyota, GM or Honda; yes I consider these the big three) I'm talking about the others. The ones struggling to sell their cars. They should focus on other things other than giving free gas. We don't need free gas, we need better cars.

Ford has already cut their advertising budget over 40%. To me, they're (Ford) thinking giving free or reduced price gas isn't going to help them one bit. Only time will tell. I'm really disappointed in Daimler Chrysler. For them to tote the you'll receive $2.99 gas for 3 years or 12,000 miles, which ever comes first, tells me that they should start thinking of better ways to sell cars. Number one being, build better cars.

What these car manufacturers are saying in everyones face is they do not give a squat about the environment or the price of oil. Forget about the environment, forget about gas prices, just buy our damn cars. I can't watch TV for more than five minutes without seeing a car advertisement. It's really becoming pathetic. They're giving the impression that all they want is our money.

I will give credit to Ford and Toyota for making strides and leading the way in developing hydrogen fueled and electric cars. There's still a long way to go. Eventually we will see these types of cars in the streets. Then we can tell the super rich oil companies to take their oil and stick up their you know what. Until then boys and girls.

Hydrogen burning more efficient. Diesel electric more efficient. Use MB bluetec for better emissions. Heck, combine hydrogen combustion with electric! There are so many options it's not even FUNNAY!!!!! Oh, and GM touting a HUGE truck as efficient, and 30 mpg as something astonishing, and them using kids in ads. Trying to tell people hybrid means gasoline and electric is WRONG. trying to tell people that small cars are cramped and impractical and big cars are good is WRONG. I am sure everyone knows the ads i'm talking about. We have the technology, we just need people to step up and make it available at the local dealers, and not for some HUGE premium or other BS.

- Andy

They have the technology to build far more fuel efficient gasoline cars. I'm talking 50mpg city for a GMC Surburban. They just aren't going to put that technology in cars, cause it will be less profitable for oil companies. Gov't ain't going to force it either. Politicians rely on the rich backers in this nation. Oil companies are just that. That have all say in MPG for vehicles. Politicians have no say.......

The only way that oil prices will go down is if the leftist enviormentalists and the liberal Democrats in Congress allows the oil companies to drill. The oil companies cant drill because if they try to, these leftist enviromentalists will go into the courts and sue them and the oil companies lose because of the leftist judges in the courts.

The only way that oil prices will go down is if the leftist enviormentalists and the liberal Democrats in Congress allows the oil companies to drill. The oil companies cant drill because if they try to, these leftist enviromentalists will go into the courts and sue them and the oil companies lose because of the leftist judges in the courts.

I hope you're kidding.

- Andy

I'm happy to say that we rented a Prius the other day (as we flew up to New York this time, going to the city tomorrow) and I must say, I love the car (too bad we had to take it back). It's great, we drove about 120 miles and got around 60 Mpg average (yes, we used only 2 gallons of gas). Sleek car, great fuel economy, and very innovative. The ride was nice and the new features are great (like the screen telling you what your current fuel usage is and where the power is coming from and going. It definitely represents a leap in the right direction, with only better things to come. On a different note, with rising gas prices, mass transit is going to likely see a boost because of people less willing to pay the price of gas or a new car. So I think good things are afoot!

I'm happy to say that we rented a Prius the other day (as we flew up to New York this time, going to the city tomorrow) and I must say, I love the car (too bad we had to take it back). It's great, we drove about 120 miles and got around 60 Mpg average (yes, we used only 2 gallons of gas). Sleek car, great fuel economy, and very innovative. The ride was nice and the new features are great (like the screen telling you what your current fuel usage is and where the power is coming from and going. It definitely represents a leap in the right direction, with only better things to come. On a different note, with rising gas prices, mass transit is going to likely see a boost because of people less willing to pay the price of gas or a new car. So I think good things are afoot!

Just in time to pay off those new (NJT) cars and locos! Also, it would be REALLY cool if (NJT), (MTA), and amtrak implemented regenerative braking that sent power back to the line when stopping, or store in battery for HEP and only switching to cat/3rdrail for HEP when the batteries get low. Same goes for diesel.

- Andy

Studies show that drilling will only produce enough oil for 2-3 years tops, which is about 22 million barrels. Of course these are only studies from oil analysts that are more or less inaccurate.

The need to build clean energy cars is a matter of demands. To create a demand for hybrids and fuel cell cars, the price to buy one must be at equilibrium or lower with that of gasoline engine automobiles. Off Crouse it will depend on the make and model of the car. As long as the price is reasonable those who can afford one will buy. By making price reasonable people will have an incentive to buy…. With oil prices skyrocketing as it is now, creates an incentive for people to buy hybrids which consumed less fuel. The incentive is that they’ll save money in fuel in the long run. As sells for gasoline engine cars begin to decrease we’ll witness an increase in sell with hybrids and fuel cell cars. To make buyers want to purchase a fuel cell automobile, that car should look and performed just as good if not better than a gasoline engine car. Every customer caters to a particular standard. Customers who love Lexus cater to luxury, smooth ride and classy. Customers who cater to BMW like to feel the power the car is exercising. What I mean is that fuel cell automobiles must give those customers the same feeling they experienced with gasoline engine cars, it is precisely why they buy those types of vehicles.

Archived