No Pants

datDude

I read a lot of this first thread as railfans indicating general lack of knowledge about the ways female sexuality is put on display by REAL WOMEN in the 21st century.

So what if they want to not wear pants? Not wearing pants in a large group of mixed males and females in a very public setting is not nearly the same thing as walking down a dark alley in brownsville at 3am wearing nothing except a tattoo that says "take me"...

As a resident of Brownsville, I can safely say that its pretty quiet out here at 3 am...at least south of the (3) El anyway lol

Nut on a more serious note, there have been tikmes where I went home drunk as a skunk at a spring break party, and found no one outside. I even seen an occasional drunk woman walk down the streets in the middle of the night going to/from the (3)/(L) train stations and nothing happens to them. Its just like any other neighborhood in this city

As a resident of Brownsville, I can safely say that its pretty quiet out here at 3 am...at least south of the (3) El anyway lol

Nut on a more serious note, there have been tikmes where I went home drunk as a skunk at a spring break party, and found no one outside. I even seen an occasional drunk woman walk down the streets in the middle of the night going to/from the (3)/(L) train stations and nothing happens to them. Its just like any other neighborhood in this city

I dunno about that. Any time I hear about Brownsville there's some sort of shooting that took place. I'm from South Brooklyn originally and you couldn't pay me to go over there. :eek:

- Average NYC resident's far more prone to taking the subway during the day.... Average NYC resident is far more subjected to seeing multiple instances of indecent exposure w/ this no pants event....

It's not indecent exposure unless male or female genitals or female nipples are exposed.

I dunno about that. Any time I hear about Brownsville there's some sort of shooting that took place. I'm from South Brooklyn originally and you couldn't pay me to go over there. :eek:
Shootings is one thing; what FP is talking about would be muggings, or robbery. They may still have a lot of that, but still, it is possible for those not to be as much of a problem in an area that you might still hear a lot of shooting in. The shootings don't seem to be apart of random robberies; they're likely gang related stuff, or other forms of retaliation, where the assailant and victim know each other. The worst that happens to strangers in those instances would be getting hit by stray bullets.

Someone told me there were a lot of shootings around the Bed Stuy-Bushwick border, but these days it otherwise appears safe to walk through.

Shootings is one thing; what FP is talking about would be muggings, or robbery. They may still have a lot of that, but still, it is possible for those not to be as much of a problem in an area that you might still hear a lot of shooting in. The shootings don't seem to be apart of random robberies; they're likely gang related stuff, or other forms of retaliation, where the assailant and victim know each other. The worst that happens to strangers in those instances would be getting hit by stray bullets.

Someone told me there were a lot of shootings around the Bed Stuy-Bushwick border, but these days it otherwise appears safe to walk through.

Wow... If they call that safe I don't know what they'd call my neighborhood. I was telling a friend that I was considering doing some running and rather than join a gym, I would just run in my neighborhood near Clove Lakes Park and he said just don't run at night and I said why not? My neighborhood is safe. He said true. LOL

Now imagine running in that area at night or trying to do the whole no pants thing in the subway over there??? LOL!

It's not indecent exposure unless male or female genitals or female nipples are exposed.

Women can go topless on the streets of new York legally. I dunno if the MTA has different rules for the subway, but I for one think women should embrace this law more fully :)

This one's official.

They had more babies attending this year.

Looks like a few people saw something they liked. :)

It makes since, sense most of the projects are north of Livonia Avenue, IIRC. There are actually a few areas with townhouses, which I think would make it safer than if it were apartment buildings, since there's more of an incentive for people to look out for their property.

If you look at the police stats, you'll see that Brooklyn 'hoods are worse for murder, but Bronx 'hoods are more dangerous for robberies and things like that.

Personally, I'd say a neighborhood known for murders is safer for the average person than a neighborhood known for robberies. Like you said, murders are generally between people who know each other, whereas anybody can walk down the street and get robbed. (But of course, there is the chance that you can be mistaken for the intended victim and get gunned down in a drive-by shooting)

Women can go topless on the streets of new York legally. I dunno if the MTA has different rules for the subway, but I for one think women should embrace this law more fully ;)

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't condone it, but if they did that, you wouldn't hear me complaining. :drool:

I am surprised it hasn't reached the LIRR yet let alone MNRR I'd be hilarious to see the no pants on the LIRR

It definitely wouldn't be as fun as the subway would since a commuter train would not constantly be picking up new passengers as much as a subway train would. More passengers = more diverse reactions.

Archived