Pesky Passenger's Problems

Hawk Operator

Could've stepped out where?? He was in the narrow aisle... There was no where for him to step but to the side as best as he could. Ugh, how many lines how you rode to make that statement? You like making comments like that and I have no idea what you base it on...

Madison Avenue is known to have older folks riding, many of them are considered senior citizens too, so yeah it's very possible to see a bus where they're the majority. That was the case when I took the M4 a little while ago going up Madison.

It's quite obvious checkmate hasn't used manhattan local buses!!!!!!! Young ppl avoid M local buses like the plague unless there is no subway service to that area or the line is a crosstown.

It's quite obvious checkmate hasn't used manhattan local buses!!!!!!! Young ppl avoid M local buses like the plague unless there is no subway service to that area or the line is a crosstown.

I live in Manhattan and I cannot express how misguided you are. Not only for the information you provided in that post, but in life as well. There's something called proper spelling and grammar, and your reckless disregard for it has and will continue to be disastrous.

I've used some Manhattan routes. I've taken the M2, M5, M11 (and the M6 back when it existed), as well as the M15.

I'm not denying the fact that they have a high percentage of older people (though that didn't really seem to be the case on the buses I was on). I'm denying the fact that a bus would get crowded (as in people have to start moving back for more people to fit in) just from elderly people alone.

I've used some Manhattan routes. I've taken the M2, M5, M11 (and the M6 back when it existed), as well as the M15.

I'm not denying the fact that they have a high percentage of older people (though that didn't really seem to be the case on the buses I was on). I'm denying the fact that a bus would get crowded (as in people have to start moving back for more people to fit in) just from elderly people alone.

ok you are right about that. besides the buses you just mentioned are almost the only non crosstowns where you will ever see anyone under the age of 40 riding it just saying it as it is. tourists don't count as young ppl.

ok you are right about that. besides the buses you just mentioned are almost the only non crosstowns where you will ever see anyone under the age of 40 riding it just saying it as it is. tourists don't count as young ppl.

Well first off we're talking about not during rush hour, right? Because every single bus and subway in the city will have a sizable portion of "young people" commuting. For off peak hours, I can list many more non-crosstown routes that have "young people" riding them, so to speak:

M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M15 SBS

M101, M102, M103 can get some (mainly uptown) on the Upper East Side and in their downtown portions certain hours of the day.

M104 can also sometimes get some along the Upper West Side

The only bus route in Manhattan that I can think of that is pretty much exclusively for old people is the M31. I'd rather take a cab than ride that slow bus with them all yacking and complaining in the front of the bus, plus that bus runs only once every 10 minutes so there's no way I'm waiting for that.

Well first off we're talking about not during rush hour, right? Because every single bus and subway in the city will have a sizable portion of "young people" commuting. For off peak hours, I can list many more non-crosstown routes that have "young people" riding them, so to speak:

M101, M102, M103 can get some (mainly uptown) on the Upper East Side and in their downtown portions certain hours of the day.

The only bus route in Manhattan that I can think of that is pretty much exclusively for old people is the M31. I'd rather take a cab than ride that slow bus with them all yacking and complaining in the front of the bus, plus that bus runs only once every 10 minutes so there's no way I'm waiting for that.

You are right about those routes however.

LOL@the M31... There are portions of it along 57th street that have middle aged folks on it. I've used it a few times when going to Bloomingdale's from my office and it wasn't too bad then, but yeah, I can imagine along York that it would be bad from past experiences.

Maybe a diagram would help? :P

If the people crowding by the back door had stepped into the street, there would've been room for the guy to move without getting pushed into the pole, and you wouldn't have had to squeeze by him.

Yeah like that's really going to happen. If they don't even want to move to the back how in the world are you going to get them to move off of the bus?? :confused:

I highly doubt that. The M5/M6 went/go right over the subway and by your logic should be almost exclusively elderly/disabled riders.

And you still haven't desribed to me how a bus can be packed with elderly people. And I mean that every single seat is occupied by an elderly person and there are elderly people standing.

Geez, I wish I could complain about a bus route that runs every 10 minutes.

Yeah like that's really going to happen. If they don't even want to move to the back how in the world are you going to get them to move off of the bus?? :confused:

If they don't want to step off, then let them be pushed against the pole. They have an easy alternative and a hard one and they choose the hard one, so that's their problem.

i live in manhattan and i cannot express how misguided you are. Not only for the information you provided in that post, but in life as well. There's something called proper spelling and grammar, and your reckless disregard for it has and will continue to be disastrous.

get over it. I avoid Manhattan locals cause they are slow GOOD ENOUGH GRAMMAR FOR YOU!!! Does everything have to be spelled out fully no lol or symbols how come others can do it yet I can't

I know the passengers have hijacked this thread from the ops, but bear with me, this story is still crazy to me.

You talk about pesky passengers, B35 called them perps, how about actual criminals?

I was on an M2 that a friend of mine was operating, and the whole time I notice we're being tailed by these two cop cars. There's this real shifty guy sitting next to me, but I don't make eye contact and keep myself away from him. The cops follow us the whole time, and we start having a cruiser along side the bus on both sides, which I find odd but don't pay attention to. This guy takes the bus for quite a ways, and at 55th st he gets off.

Bad move. Just like that, these cop cars screech up to the curb and I see the cops take off running. They end up chasing him down the street and tackling him, pinning him against a wall and throwing him into the back of the car, whole time the doors on the bus are still open. Never know who you're driving!

Also, the rap seat, I'll admit I do take that seat as often as I can but to be fair, I don't say a word unless the op starts talking to me, which s/he usually does eventually.

Some poor Quill op was getting a political lecture from this guy on an M14A I was on the other day, my man was covering every single election in the city in the past four years. "Say, you got a transfer? Tell you who needs a transfer, Christine Quinn needs a transfer. Gotta get her out, knowwhati'msayin? Bloomberg too, he needs out a-SAP. I didn't vote for him though. Thompson all the way, youknowwhati'msayin? Bloomberg on the social issues, just starts..."

And he goes on. Definitely the rap seat for a reason.

The headways are actually as low as every 7 minutes at times, which is incredible service by any standard.

LOL... She needs a few other things too...

Actually I see a decent amount of kids/students on the M31 (I'm one of them), and during the morning rush hours (6:45-7:55) the M31 runs just fine. I do agree with your point about the amount of students utilizing bus routes. All of the crosstown routes ARE heavily utilized by students.

As a passenger, I've seen some bullshit from other passengers. I'm going to describe some of them.

1. On the N22A, there was this bum who sat on the bus. He decided to get up and walk to the back. Sn Asian tennager who was standing at that spot decided not to sit. The bum cursed him out with petty insults and even went as far as to shove him at one point. The only insult he didn't utter was some racial slur, thank God for that. The Asian guy didn't even bother giving him attention, and I commend him for that.

2. Religious preachera are a major problem in the subway, but there was one on the bus, too. For most of the ride on a crosstown bus in the UES, one woman preached for God, Jesus, and whatever bullshit that flew out of her fat mouth of hers. She got off at 1st Avenue, but not without having plenty of people asking the bus operator to kick her out.

3. Farebeaters on the N6 and N4. Needless to say, I yelled out, "PAY YOUR FARE!" when farebeaters entered the crowded N4, and I alerted the bus operator what had happened on the crowded N6.

I always let the Fare beaters on but not without saying something slick

Ex : "Driver i dont have enough for the fare"

me: "Then give me one of your prada shoes" lol

Haha, Do they laugh when you say stuff like that? Or do they feel embarrassed?

As a passenger, I've seen some bullshit from other passengers. I'm going to describe some of them.

1. On the N22A, there was this bum who sat on the bus. He decided to get up and walk to the back. Sn Asian tennager who was standing at that spot decided not to sit. The bum cursed him out with petty insults and even went as far as to shove him at one point. The only insult he didn't utter was some racial slur, thank God for that. The Asian guy didn't even bother giving him attention, and I commend him for that.

2. Religious preachera are a major problem in the subway, but there was one on the bus, too. For most of the ride on a crosstown bus in the UES, one woman preached for God, Jesus, and whatever bullshit that flew out of her fat mouth of hers. She got off at 1st Avenue, but not without having plenty of people asking the bus operator to kick her out.

3. Farebeaters on the N6 and N4. Needless to say, I yelled out, "PAY YOUR FARE!" when farebeaters entered the crowded N4, and I alerted the bus operator what had happened on the crowded N6.

2) I remember there were some preachers with an unlimited metrocard, going back and forth on Pennsylvania Ave Buses, annoying.

Also there were this preaching couple on the N6 one night taking turns spouting things and the guy started hitting the ceiling and that pushed the straw, other passengers were like "come on man, calm down".

3)What happened on those trips where you told the B/O and/or yelled out "pay your fare"?

The post in begining clearly states 'Bus Operators' Pesky Passengers Problems.' None of you are a Bus Operator, there is plenty of space for you to start your own thread as you see fit. This thread was for Bus Operators to post their perspective, for you to maybe read & understand better why we do the things we do. Enjoy this "hijacked thread," Bus Operators come over to the crew room.

I highly doubt that. The M5/M6 went/go right over the subway and by your logic should be almost exclusively elderly/disabled riders.

And you still haven't desribed to me how a bus can be packed with elderly people. And I mean that every single seat is occupied by an elderly person and there are elderly people standing.

Geez, I wish I could complain about a bus route that runs every 10 minutes.

If they don't want to step off, then let them be pushed against the pole. They have an easy alternative and a hard one and they choose the hard one, so that's their problem.

DUH!!!!!! NO ONE under 40 will be caught dead on the M6 or M5 (south of 42nd street) get on it you will know what I mean

It's a forum, not a clique.

This.

The post in begining clearly states 'Bus Operators' Pesky Passengers Problems.' None of you are a Bus Operator, there is plenty of space for you to start your own thread as you see fit. This thread was for Bus Operators to post their perspective, for you to maybe read & understand better why we do the things we do. Enjoy this "hijacked thread," Bus Operators come over to the crew room.

Yeah, go on over to the crew room....

This.

Yeah, go on over to the crew room....

LOL... This thread is too funny... So now we "normal folks" are not allowed to post in the thread. We should create a passengers only thread and not allow any B/Os in it. *Sarcasm* :P Talk about arrogant... As we in Italian... "Ha il puzzo sotto il naso"... Literal translation He/She has a smell under his/her nose... In other words, he/she is arrogant because the stench makes them stick their nose in the air. lol

DUH!!!!!! NO ONE under 40 will be caught dead on the M6 or M5 (south of 42nd street) get on it you will know what I mean

That was south of 42nd Street.

And you're still not explaining how a bus can be packed just with seniors alone.

And have any of us commented negatively on your perspective. If this was any normal thread, I'd be posting about how it was wrong of you not to re-open the door when the guy wanted to get on (or whoever it was who posted the story with the Q44), but knowing that this was a chance for B/Os to vent and give their side of the story, I didn't do so.

LOL... This thread is too funny... So now we "normal folks" are not allowed to post in the thread. We should create a passengers only thread and not allow any B/Os in it. *Sarcasm* :P Talk about arrogant... As we in Italian... "Ha il puzzo sotto il naso"... Literal translation He/She has a smell under his/her nose... In other words, he/she is arrogant because the stench makes them stick their nose in the air. lol

This thread should have never been posted here in the first place. The OP created it for B/O's.

Archived