img0300cu.jpg

img0305fa.jpg

img0325sv.jpg

img0340au.jpg

Videos

Ocean Parkway at night - YouTube

R160 F train view from the ground - YouTube

How is it?

It's my first time I went to photograph IRT and with new camera (all welcome s95 btw :cool:). What's the trick with route signs on NTTs, never can get them right. Any advice?

Nice pics! Love the one with the F and the homeless guy LOL

IF your camera has a Shutter priority mode, set it to 1/160 or lower to get the full circle. If the photo comes out too bright, use a higher f-stop or a lower ISO. Be careful though as this may lead to blurry pictures if the train is moving (cant have everything lol)

How is it? Very good for a pocket camera!

Nice shots! It's even better than mine when taking underground shots! :(

I didn't even go to that section of the White Plains Road line yet. In all those times I railfanned there I would always head straight for the Dyre Avenue branch. :P

Something to note: Your Canon camera has an HDR mode, but unlike Sony, Nikon, and Panasonic cameras, it's best to use it only on non-moving objects.

IF your camera has a Shutter priority mode, set it to 1/160 or lower to get the full circle.

Before you get confused, overclocked, when error said lower, he means making the fraction bigger. So, a shutter speed of 1/125 would get you the entire circle, but 1/400 would not. :P

Nice pics! Love the one with the F and the homeless guy LOL

IF your camera has a Shutter priority mode, set it to 1/160 or lower to get the full circle. If the photo comes out too bright, use a higher f-stop or a lower ISO. Be careful though as this may lead to blurry pictures if the train is moving (cant have everything lol)

Thanks

Yes S95 has full manual controls, I just got it a week ago so still in process of learning all the bells and whistles. I chose high shutter speed to the photos aren't smudged. I wonder what is the frequency of these LEDs

How is it? Very good for a pocket camera!

Nice shots! It's even better than mine when taking underground shots! :)

I didn't even go to that section of the White Plains Road line yet. In all those times I railfanned there I would always head straight for the Dyre Avenue branch. :P

Something to note: Your Canon camera has an HDR mode, but unlike Sony, Nikon, and Panasonic cameras, it's best to use it only on non-moving objects.

Before you get confused, overclocked, when error said lower, he means making the fraction bigger. So, a shutter speed of 1/125 would get you the entire circle, but 1/400 would not. :)

Thanks for helpful comments

Well, my painful research has paid up, I got what I wanted, compact camera with bright lens and full manual control. As you said HDR only works on stationary objects and requires a tripod (it takes 3 shots at different settings and averages them into one).

I actually planned to do whole Bronx IRT that day, but the battery did not agree with me and died at 180th Street while waiting for (5) to Dyre:mad:

Thanks everyone for the comments, you have made my day:tup::tup::tup:

Archived