Q27's southern Terminus

N6 Limited

How come the (Q27) still doesn't to connect to the (Q5)? Is it because the (Q77) provides "coverage"?

The Q27 is a fairly long route in itself... It pretty much ends right where Francis Lewis meets Springfield Boulevard which is where you can, of course, catch the Q77.

...If that Q27 is ending in Cambria Heights and not Jamaica Avenue

The Q27 is a fairly long route in itself... It pretty much ends right where Francis Lewis meets Springfield Boulevard which is where you can, of course, catch the Q77.

...If that Q27 is ending in Cambria Heights and not Jamaica Avenue

I said this when they proposed this back on '08 & I'll say it again.... The route is long & drawn out as it is... and despite that, it really isn't necessary.... Don't think the non-implementation of such an extension has anything to do w/ the 77 either.....

"B35 via Church"...I feel your pain. The route has gotten longer BUT...

There WAS (and still might be on the table) a proposal to extend the Q27 to Merrick Blvd serving that Home Depot/Waldbaums shopping area (Merrick and Springfield) when the NEW Jamaica Depot opens (like around 2015 or so). When that depot opens, the Q27 would come out of Jamaica. This was back in 2008 with the other list of proposals (M13, Q75 extension, Q94, Bx50, etc.) That plan was to "satisfy" residents living along Springfield Blvd south of Francis Lewis Blvd.

Oh and if you ask me, the Q77 ain't worth a damn...except Saturdays. :P

There WAS (and still might be on the table) a proposal to extend the Q27 to Merrick Blvd serving that Home Depot/Waldbaums shopping area (Merrick and Springfield) when the NEW Jamaica Depot opens (like around 2015 or so). When that depot opens, the Q27 would come out of Jamaica. This was back in 2008 with the other list of proposals (M13, Q75 extension, Q94, Bx50, etc.) That plan was to "satisfy" residents living along Springfield Blvd south of Francis Lewis Blvd.

Well now wait a second.... few things...

- I KNOW there was a proposal to extend the 27 to Merrick - I was the one that mentioned it !

Where you felt I did not believe otherwise, is beyond me....

- I'm not sure if that bit about jamaica depot was your opinion, but I'm not convinced that they'll move the Q27 to JAM when they finish building up the new depot... Matter fact, I've never heard of anything regarding a depot move in any of these infamous long-winded multi-page PDF proposals the MTA puts out....

- Yeah, service on the Q77 aint the greatest.... whatever higher level of importance it had back around when it was created, has diminished.... It's been relegated to a route whose main usage (I'll even go as far as to say, existence) is for/from schoolkids anyway....

- What's funny about the satisfaction part of it all.... The Q27 itself was extended to 120th for the same core reason of satisfying Springfield blvd riders south of Jamaica av.... The 83 wasn't sufficient enough, since it turned off at murdock (which is short of linden, a commercial street, where you start to see NB Q27 riders utilize the route at)

Lemme make this clear, none of my commentary here is an attempt of mine to make the Q77 out to be more than it is (lol).... What I am alluding to though is, said riders would not be fully satisfied until the route (27) heads to green acres itself.... Which is, what I do remember, spawned/gave life to a Q27 SB extension (past 120th, that is) in the first place....

If you ask me, the Merrick blvd extension couldn't have been about that Home Depot/Waldbaums..... it was the MTA indirectly telling riders - You aint gettin a one-seat ride to green acres, you'll just have to suffice with a proposal of an extension to a route that takes you to green acres....

Which never happened.... and rightfully so IMO....

During weekdays, the route has enough to put up with, b/w Flushing & QCC alone... which is where the Q26 should come in, but what are we gonna do.....

Well now wait a second.... few things...

- I KNOW there was a proposal to extend the 27 to Merrick - I was the one that mentioned it !

Where you felt I did not believe otherwise, is beyond me....

Ok. I never doubted you dude. Sorry if you felt otherwise.

- I'm not sure if that bit about jamaica depot was your opinion, but I'm not convinced that they'll move the Q27 to JAM when they finish building up the new depot... Matter fact, I've never heard of anything regarding a depot move in any of these infamous long-winded multi-page PDF proposals the MTA puts out....

Well, the Q27 WOULD make more sense to move the Q27 to the NEW Jamaica Depot because of the proposed NEW terminal. Just my opinion. Should have made that more clear...I apologize.

- Yeah, service on the Q77 aint the greatest.... whatever higher level of importance it had back around when it was created, has diminished.... It's been relegated to a route whose main usage (I'll even go as far as to say, existence) is for/from schoolkids anyway....

Back when it use to end at 179th St, the Q77 was a good route. I agree with you. Living a block north of Hillside Av, I watched the service drop from frequencies to ridership.

- What's funny about the satisfaction part of it all.... The Q27 itself was extended to 120th for the same core reason of satisfying Springfield blvd riders south of Jamaica av.... The 83 wasn't sufficient enough, since it turned off at murdock (which is short of linden, a commercial street, where you start to see NB Q27 riders utilize the route at)

Yeah you know, I never understood Murdock Av and yet the X64 uses Linden to Farmers.

Lemme make this clear, none of my commentary here is an attempt of mine to make the Q77 out to be more than it is (lol).... What I am alluding to though is, said riders would not be fully satisfied until the route (27) heads to green acres itself.... Which is, what I do remember, spawned/gave life to a Q27 SB extension (past 120th, that is) in the first place....

Ok...understood. You know...in time...that MIGHT just happen with the Q27 going to Green Acres. Hey, they tried an attempt to have the Q7 and Q111 serve Green Acres too. Remember that one? :P

If you ask me, the Merrick blvd extension couldn't have been about that Home Depot/Waldbaums..... it was the MTA indirectly telling riders - You aint gettin a one-seat ride to green acres, you'll just have to suffice with a proposal of an extension to a route that takes you to green acres....

LMAO

Which never happened.... and rightfully so IMO....

During weekdays, the route has enough to put up with, b/w Flushing & QCC alone... which is where the Q26 should come in, but what are we gonna do.....

The Q26 (to me) has always been a "WTF" route. That's a route they should have cut altogether in my opinion.

So, sorry for any misunderstanding.

Well, the Q27 WOULD make more sense to move the Q27 to the NEW Jamaica Depot because of the proposed NEW terminal. Just my opinion. Should have made that more clear...I apologize.

Back when it use to end at 179th St, the Q77 was a good route. I agree with you. Living a block north of Hillside Av, I watched the service drop from frequencies to ridership.

Yeah you know, I never understood Murdock Av and yet the X64 uses Linden to Farmers.

Ok...understood. You know...in time...that MIGHT just happen with the Q27 going to Green Acres. Hey, they tried an attempt to have the Q7 and Q111 serve Green Acres too. Remember that one? :P

LMAO

The Q26 (to me) has always been a "WTF" route. That's a route they should have cut altogether in my opinion.

Q26 is a big WTF but wouldn't it be useful if extended via francis lewis to green acres OR kill Q77 and let it's springfield service Go to Q26 wouldn't that make Q26 useful?? Cause Q26 becomes a crosstown sort of for francis lewis besides Q77 is practically dead anyway ppl looking for (F) are using other buses anyway. This makes Q26 like a faster version of Q27 in a sense.

Wait M13? Explain?

Sorry if this is a bit off topic.

Like B35 said, it was supposed to be implemented in 2008... most of the sources I found only say it would operate between Lower East Side and Midtown, but appearently, it was supposed to run up to 72nd St.

See here

If someone can find the March 2008 NYCT Committee Agenda on Web Archive or something, we can learn more about the proposed routes.

I still don't get why the frequencies for Q27s to Cambria Heights are obscene after 4:00. There was one after 6:00 PM (6:09?) and then the next one never came until 9:00 PM... seriously?

You mean non-Ltd ones?

Any Q27, local or limited, as long as they went all the way down. I don't get those short runs to Horace Harding or Jamaica Av.

The buses to Horace Harding are probably to serve the high school I go to. The Jamaica Ave buses, I too, think are a waste, especially when I have to get to the N6.

- Where you bolded the word "was", was the thing that rubbed me the wrong way... like, where did I doubt that there wadn't a proposal... but now that that's cleared up.....

- I personally think the x64 not using Murdock is an entirely different issue/reasoning for it....

- hah... Oh, I remember those proposals... the Q7 one is rather popular around these parts... never cared for sending either one (Q7/111) to green acres myself.... local service along the conduits like that *shrugs*.....

- The Q26 I think more can be done with; namely being an aid to the Q27.... that stint along hollis court blvd can go....

* ...and no problem w/ the misunderstanding :tup:

I live right by the Q26, they actually restored some service after the cuts for I-don't-know-what reason but I know it had something to do with the folks living down in Auburndale, they probably bitched about it

Yup.... they probably bitched about overcrowded Q27's (by time it gets to their neighborhood) !

Q26 is a big WTF but wouldn't it be useful if extended via francis lewis to green acres OR kill Q77 and let it's springfield service Go to Q26 wouldn't that make Q26 useful?? Cause Q26 becomes a crosstown sort of for francis lewis besides Q77 is practically dead anyway ppl looking for (F) are using other buses anyway. This makes Q26 like a faster version of Q27 in a sense.

A route going down francis lewis to green acres would not make the 26 more useful.... Killing off the Q77 to have the 26 replace it would also not make it more useful.... It's no accident that the Q76 & Q77 turn onto hillside (off francis lewis) towards Jamaica like that....

a route bisecting (going down) francis lewis route past hillside would fail miserably..... SE Queens patrons have it bad enough with public transportation.... you would be encouraging transfers to Jamaica - meaning, more crowded Q1's, 36's, & (especially) 43's..... where there is zero need for it..... and there is no way in the hell that folks emanating from areas along the Q76 north of hillside, are seeking areas along the Q77..... the numbers aren't there; ridership habits don't support it.....

That's all I'm going to say to you, about this.....

can someone explain to me what Q94 was gonna do??

Sure.

A "super limited" route that was supposed to go from Flushing to Fordham Plaza.... Supplementary to the Q44....

I still don't get why the frequencies for Q27s to Cambria Heights are obscene after 4:00. There was one after 6:00 PM (6:09?) and then the next one never came until 9:00 PM... seriously?

Because there is a significant enough a dropoff in ridership south of Jamaica av on the Q27... I agree w/ the MTA that you don't need too many runs serving the full route.....

I don't get those short runs to Horace Harding or Jamaica Av.

Well, for starters, the Q27 used to terminate at Jamaica av (full time) before it got extended to 120th.... it makes sense to have kept that as a short turn terminal option (for turnaround purposes, as well as DH-ing back to QV)....

the HHE short turn is to facilitate all those riders/students emanating from QCC, Cardozo (that high school along springfield, just south of QCC itself), and off Q30's (although there's a portion of these folks that walk it out to cardozo or QCC).....

Yup.... they probably bitched about overcrowded Q27's (by time it gets to their neighborhood) !

A route going down francis lewis to green acres would not make the 26 more useful.... Killing off the Q77 to have the 26 replace it would also not make it more useful.... It's no accident that the Q76 & Q77 turn onto hillside (off francis lewis) towards Jamaica like that....

a route bisecting (going down) francis lewis route past hillside would fail miserably..... SE Queens patrons have it bad enough with public transportation.... you would be encouraging transfers to Jamaica - meaning, more crowded Q1's, 36's, & (especially) 43's..... where there is zero need for it..... and there is no way in the hell that folks emanating from areas along the Q76 north of hillside, are seeking areas along the Q77..... the numbers aren't there; ridership habits don't support it.....

That's all I'm going to say to you, about this.....

Sure.

A "super limited" route that was supposed to go from Flushing to Fordham Plaza.... Supplementary to the Q44....

Because there is a significant enough a dropoff in ridership south of Jamaica av on the Q27... I agree w/ the MTA that you don't need too many runs serving the full route.....

Well, for starters, the Q27 used to terminate at Jamaica av (full time) before it got extended to 120th.... it makes sense to have kept that as a short turn terminal option (for turnaround purposes, as well as DH-ing back to QV)....

the HHE short turn is to facilitate all those riders/students emanating from QCC, Cardozo (that high school along springfield, just south of QCC itself), and off Q30's (although there's a portion of these folks that walk it out to cardozo or QCC).....

BUT what routing was the super LTD Q94 gonna take the cross bronx non stop to flushing?? after west farms??

Interesting but that did inspire an idea for a super LTD to LGA no it has nothing to do with BX55 or BX50 calm down ppl I'd mention it later cause it's related to the traffic patterns of the bruckner.

Well then a ton of buses must've gone missing if you were waiting for 3 hours, because it's supposed to run every 5-8 minutes at that time (unless I'm misunderstanding your post)

http://mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/queens/q027cur.pdf

Unless you're referring to the fact that only a few of the local buses go past the HHE.

BUT what routing was the super LTD Q94 gonna take the cross bronx non stop to flushing?? after west farms??

Interesting but that did inspire an idea for a super LTD to LGA no it has nothing to do with BX55 or BX50 calm down ppl I'd mention it later cause it's related to the traffic patterns of the bruckner.

Geez... didn't you read my post in the other thread... I already answered your question. The Q94 would run via the Q44 from Flushing to West Farms Square, and via the Bx9 from West Farms Square to Fordham Plaza.

When was there ever a proposal to send the (Q7) and (Q111) to Green Acres?

I'm not even gonna repeat myself why this (Q27) extension to 120 was stupid.

Wadn't referring to an official proposal (at least, I wasn't).... just the Q7/111 ones presented by certain people on the forums in the past.....

Archived