Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Calvin

(Q) Broadway Local?

Is there any reason on why (Q) trains run Broadway Local only on some middays since its Express in Broadway?

I've never seen any instances where a (Q) is supposed to run local along Broadway, other than the weekends/late night G.O.s.

When did this ever happen?

During the weekday.... yeah, iono about that either....

I also have the same question you have.

During the weekday.... yeah, iono about that either....

I also have the same question you have.

around 2:53 at sheepshead bay a (Q) to C.I said BROADWAY LCL

Track issues, stalled train, etc...

Could be coincidental for all of your sights of this, though...

Oh, I thought you were on the Broadway line & you saw a (Q) local. It could be, it was put on the local track, because of a service disruption, or it was a mistake put into the computer. I believe it was the latter.

I was once on a (2), (during the day) that said "7 Ave LCL", but it ran it's regular express route, it even had the local announcements playing, LOL.

i have to agree with other who saying it can be conductor punch it wrong. They might have miss a number or two to the program they follow. Also it could be a late night conductor who working the day shift with force of habit. It wasn't intend to show the mistake but it happen.

I live in Central Nj and take rail to city and seen so many mistakes that was not intend to do. Like the outside sign on one car would read Montclair while the rest is Long Branch. Sometime the computer malfunction that conductor can't fix. There was one time that crew was trying to reboot the pc brain because it kept getting stuck at Secaucus while the train is not there at that stop.

Now it makes a little more sense....

I have to side w/ CKhaleel on this.... might have just been a stalled train, for whatever the reason...

Your OP was kinda misleading there....

i have to agree with other who saying it can be conductor punch it wrong. They might have miss a number or two to the program they follow. Also it could be a late night conductor who working the day shift with force of habit. It wasn't intend to show the mistake but it happen.

In this particular instance, the (Q) runs the same route 24/7, but yeah if the code is slightly off, you can get the wrong signs up. Either that, or it could be a computer malfunction like you said.

What you PUNCH is What you GET!

T/Os gotta remember there line up

@Pjbr40, The C/R doesn't punch to get a line up, the t/o does.

Wrong sign perhaps?

I've seen (A)s during the day signed as "via DELANCEY ST" when in fact it ran normal via Chambers Street.

Conductors don't punch for lineups, but they do punch buttons on R46 type equipment and on NTT for the various side sign routes. I finally got a full listing of most of the alternative routes for the (A)(C) on the luminators.

Conductors don't punch for lineups, but they do punch buttons on R46 type equipment and on NTT for the various side sign routes. I finally got a full listing of most of the alternative routes for the (A)(C) on the luminators.

Want the full list?