New York City Subway Route Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i can cut in and it mighty easy.

There are 3 lines that goes under the highway in open air. Name them. Also there is a line that have a highway above them that is connected to another highway in distance at another location. Who am i ? There is a highway next to me while I am on angle. Who am I ?

There are 3 lines that goes under the highway in open air. Name them. Also there is a line that have a highway above them that is connected to another highway in distance at another location. Who am i ? There is a highway next to me while I am on angle. Who am I ?

The answer is

1- D and N train by Coney Island Yard. The third is SIRT that goes under the Staten Island Expressway.

2- N Train. One by Coney Island Yard which is belt parkway. It kind of reach again from distance is between the 8th Ave station and 59 street station in Brooklyn. This is where the Belt Parkway and Gowanus meet in the distance(one block away)

3- 6 train. It run next to Major Deegan Expressway. I am not sure what the stop is. It been a long time i been in that area.

(D) - Coney Island and Central Park.

(F) - Coney Island and Prospect Park. (west side of park)

(Q) - Coney Island and Prospect Park. (east side of park)

Honorable mention:

(A) - Rockaway Park (Rockaway beach) and Central Park. Only mentioned because the walk to the beach is of similar length to the distance from Coney Island to the broadwalk.

A correction from earlier

(6) at Pelham Bay Park doesn't go to Orchard Beach (neither does the (5). The Bx12 SBS/Bx5 get the honors for Orchard Beach.

The correct answers were (D) [Coney Island and Norwood] and (F) [Coney Island and Forest Hills].

TwoTimer, your turn.

Oh I thought u meant wood as in park, not wood as in names ;)

How many lines run parallel to a former railroad ROW and at what point?

How many lines run parallel to a former railroad ROW and at what point?

I was gonna say 4 ((5)(A)(L)(N)) but the (5) and (A) run on a (former) railroad ROW now so I'll say 2...

(L) from Wilson Av to New Lots Av

(N) from 8 Av to New Utrecht Av (although technically its the same ROW the (L) runs alongside

Archived