New York City Subway Route Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since when? It doesn't say ish about only 2 tries. I can try until I am dead, or until 24 Hrs.

Q23 changed that rule, look through the thread, around p. 20-25, IIRC...

Anyway, does anyone else want to guess?

This is sort of a riddle

Pick Riddle #1

(D)(N)(Q)(R)

Which of them doesn't belong. Choose wisefully,and explain your answering

You will not go on without explaining

These types of riddles will be called pick riddles, and number them in numerical order, please look in front to see what your pick riddle numerical value is

The next pick riddle will be numbered Pick Riddle #2

This is to add flavor to this thread

This is sort of a riddle

(D)(N)(Q)(R)

Which of them doesn't belong. Choose wisefully,and explain your answering

You will not go on without explaining

The (R), it does not go to Coney Island.

The (D), it is not in the Broadway trunk.

Those are my two guesses.

The (R), it does not go to Coney Island.

The (D), it is not in the Broadway trunk.

Those are my two guesses.

Both are wrong. The answer is based on what the author's explanation would look like. Sure, There might be multiple answers, but the author of these types of riddles choose what the answer is.

Both are wrong. The answer is based on what the author's explanation would look like. Sure, There might be multiple answers, but the author of these types of riddles choose what the answer is.

... <_<

You basically make a riddle and people guess what route it is

Rules:

•One post and one guess at a time

•Members have 24 hours to guess a route and if you get it right, you go

•If no guess after 24 hours, then another riddle will be posted

Revised Rules as of May 13, 2012

1. One riddle to be answered at a time and three guesses per member at a time (Except for Pick Riddles, for which is only two guesses)

2.Members have 48 hours to figure out a riddle (Except for Pick Riddles, which is 24 hours)

3.If there isn't a guess after 48 hours, another riddle will be posted (Except for Pick riddles, which you have to wait only 24 hours)

No more than three guesses, because If you go over, well you wont be able to participate in the next riddle( Except for Pick Riddles, which is two guesses only)

4. For Pick Riddles Please Number them to distungish from the regular riddles

... <_<

Pick Riddles:

Author Picks 4 routes for this riddles

Members have to guess which one is different from the others

Two Guesses per member

Authors: Please make the Pick riddles sophisticated

Please number each pick riddle

24 hours timing only for these riddles

Regular Riddles

Author makes a riddle about anything dealing with the subway

Members have to guess what is the correct answer

Three guesses per member

So you get to choose whichever answer you want. That's rather vulnerable to bias...

Anyway.

If it's not the (D) or (R), I'll say

(N) Rerouted to replace another route late nights.

(Q) Has different terminals on weekdays and weekends.

But seriously, this isn't really a fun riddle - there are infinitely many answers.

So you get to choose whichever answer you want. That's rather vulnerable to bias...

Anyway.

If it's not the (D) or (R), I'll say

(N) Rerouted to replace another route late nights.

(Q) Has different terminals on weekdays and weekends.

But seriously, this isn't really a fun riddle - there are infinitely many answers.

Nope and Nope. Out of the two of you, one of you has the correct route, but wrong explanation

Also, you can ask for hints

Up to three hints will be given. One has to ask for a hint though to what the author's explanation is

Hint: You have to think in all areas about these answers to the riddles

Out of the two of you, one of you has the correct route,

Well, we named all four routes, so isn't that rather obvious?

Up to three hints will be given. One has to ask for a hint though to what the author's explanation is

Hint: You have to think in all areas about these answers to the riddles

May I have a hint as to what category the lack of similarity is in?

Guest Lance

No one's threatening to close this thread. As long as you guys keep the discourse civil, I really don't care.

Just a suggestion though: try to make your riddles have one definite answer. I understand that can't be helped sometimes as some riddles will have multiple answers, but just try. Also, I think you should 86 some of these "rules" here as too many rules make this whole thing less fun and engaging for everyone involved. Again, this is just a suggestion. You can do whatever you feel like with this, as long as you follow the forum rules.

Carry on.

No one's threatening to close this thread. As long as you guys keep the discourse civil, I really don't care.

Just a suggestion though: try to make your riddles have one definite answer. I understand that can't be helped sometimes as some riddles will have multiple answers, but just try. Also, I think you should 86 some of these "rules" here as too many rules make this whole thing less fun and engaging for everyone involved. Again, this is just a suggestion. You can do whatever you feel like with this, as long as you follow the forum rules.

Carry on.

Trust me, with something as sketchy as this, some rules are necessary, or else people would just post riddles at will.

Archived