New York City Subway Route Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I run through a heavily Orthodox Jewish neighborhood. I also take passengers to NYC's exclusive clothing stores in which tourist from around the world visit. Ntm one of the neighborhoods I run through is slowly gentrifying.

What line am I?

I was waiting for someone to say the (Q), thou I guess you can slide with the (J) as it has the same three characteristics.

The (Q) runs through Midwood, a heavily Orthodox Jewish neighborhood. Thou the (J) runs through Williamsburg, which is also heavily Orthdox Jewish.

The (Q) runs through the slowly gentrifying neighborhood of Astoria. Williamsburge is also gentrifying, but at a much faster pace.

Finnaly, both lines take you to SoHo/Chinatown (Canal St). SoHo has a ton of exclusive clothing stores.

Yeah, Astoria isn't gentrifying, it has already gentrified (Long Island City around the projects is a better example) :). Williamsburg fits that bill, as its change has been occuring further east, transforming areas that was once HOOD. And while there are many Jews in Midwood, Boro Park and the (D) is much more known for that, as it is almost exclusively Jews, while anybody that's affluent lives in Midwood. Every evening when I'm on the (D) (fairly often), I pass entire buildings full of Jews, and their young on their balconies waving at the train as it goes by.

i have to agree with Two timers as well on that answer. I grew up in Besonhurt and had to take the (B) train in the 80's to the city. I remembered them always boarding the train at 55th and 50th street stations. I even remembered one of those jews actually sat between my spread out legs. I was facing the window and my legs was kinds of spread out when i did this. I think i was on the newer R32 style car that was used in the 80's.

Also i am glad the person who posted the question was just looking for the (Q) and later forgot that there was more sections of jews. Also please don't forget you can't tell if they are really unorthodox. The reason why i am saying is because remember when the 9 years old kid got kidnapped and murdered? Well, they look like unorthodox but that particular family is hsadaic(not sure of spelling).

If you waiting for me to post question, I pass

I am a line that is completely demolished. Both of my terminals involved a lot of switch tracks for the other lines, but not for me. I connected two lines from 6 Av, one Express and one Local. For those of us who know our history, you have to choose the 6 Av Express line that ran there a long time ago, in 2000. I had four stops total, my third stop heading towards my Western Terminal being the name of a stop on the (2)(3) line in Brooklyn.

Line?

Stops (1-4)?

(2)(3) Stop?

Lines I Connect?

i have to agree with Two timers as well on that answer. I grew up in Besonhurt and had to take the (B) train in the 80's to the city. I remembered them always boarding the train at 55th and 50th street stations. I even remembered one of those jews actually sat between my spread out legs. I was facing the window and my legs was kinds of spread out when i did this. I think i was on the newer R32 style car that was used in the 80's.

Also i am glad the person who posted the question was just looking for the (Q) and later forgot that there was more sections of jews. Also please don't forget you can't tell if they are really unorthodox. The reason why i am saying is because remember when the 9 years old kid got kidnapped and murdered? Well, they look like unorthodox but that particular family is hsadaic(not sure of spelling).

If you waiting for me to post question, I pass

No worries. ;) Definitly didn't forget about Boro Park. It's just that the (D) only fitted two of the three descriptions for my riddle, so that wasn't the answer. The clinic my mother goes to for her usuall check-ups is located in Boro Park (50th St). Used to travel along with her when I was much younger. Sometimes she even visits some Jewish bakery located there (freakin' delicious).

okay ill go

I used to be a double letter but they took away my chedder now im the only route who makes 5 stops in manhatten

who am i?

(J)

I am a line that is completely demolished. Both of my terminals involved a lot of switch tracks for the other lines, but not for me. I connected two lines from 6 Av, one Express and one Local. For those of us who know our history, you have to choose the 6 Av Express line that ran there a long time ago, in 2000. I had four stops total, my third stop heading towards my Western Terminal being the name of a stop on the (2)(3) line in Brooklyn.

Line?

Stops (1-4)?

(2)(3) Stop?

Lines I Connect?

Culver Shuttle

Ditmas, 13 Av, Ft. Hamilton Pkwy, 9 Av

?

(D) and (F)

I couldn't think of anything else...

Line? Culver EL (Culver Shuttle)

Stops (1-4)? Ditmas Av, 13 Av, Fort Hamilton Pkwy, 9 Av

(2)(3) Stop? Fort Hamilton Pkwy

Lines I Connect? Culver, West End

Culver Shuttle Correct

Ditmas, 13 Av, Ft. Hamilton Pkwy, 9 Av Correct

? Fort Hamilton Pkwy

(D) and (F)I would say ( B ) in this case instead of ( D ).

NX you are correct. Pass or go.

Line?

Stops (1-4)?

(2)(3) Stop?

Lines I Connect?

Prospect Park Shuttle is the answer...

Prospect Park, Park Place, Franklin Av-Botanic Gardens, Franklin Av-Fulton St

(2) & (3) both stop at Botanic Gardens

The line connects the Brighton, (B) and (Q), and at one time, the (D) and Fulton St lines, crossing the Eastern Parkway line in between...

It's been 24 hours, I'll go.

I have had some interesting service patterns. One has me traveling to one terminal as myself, then going back as my cousin.

Who am I?

Who is my cousin?

The (5) and the (2) ?

I could be wrong. If I'm correct, I pass.

Archived