MTA Bus Time has officially arrived to Staten Island

Via Garibaldi 8

Hey, all -- we really like the discussions going on here, and we need your help to keep improving the system. When things such as were described below happen, please give us detailed feedback as described here:

MTA Bus Time: Contact Us

Thanks!

If you're part of the feedback team, perhaps you could share some insight for some of the problems that we've been experiencing. One problem of late has been buses disappearing that are along the route and then re-appearing in the middle of the route. I was tracking a bus last night that went to it's last stop and then went off of the tracking system. I assumed the bus had went back to the depot and was about to call car service when the bus appeared on the tracking system some 10 minutes later. The NOVAs in particular have been difficult to track or can't be tracked at all.

Also, if you're using the Desktop version on an Android there is no scroll tab available to show all of the stops along the route. B). I hope this can be fixed soon.

1) But then how do they serve Grasmere? :confused:

They bypass the stops... Just like the X10 did... If you need service in Grasmere you'd have to backtrack on the S53.

2) True. I mean, their own numbers said that the routes warranted being kept, so they're hoping nobody notices that they fudged the numbers when trying to explain (in hindsight) why cutting the routes was justfied.

The X16 and X29 actually performed slightly better than the average express route, and the X18 performed only marginally worse.

Oh they knew their numbers were lies and that's why so many folks esp. myself were pissed. I mean I had never been to an (MTA) hearing before that one, but this time I went because of the cuts they were proposing across the city. Definitely not a good slope we're heading down.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) They bypass the stops... Just like the X10 did... If you need service in Grasmere you'd have to backtrack on the S53.

2) Oh they knew their numbers were lies and that's why so many folks esp. myself were pissed. I mean I had never been to an (MTA) hearing before that one, but this time I went because of the cuts they were proposing across the city. Definitely not a good slope we're heading down.

1) I see.....

2) Their original numbers were believable. The thing is that their logic based on those numbers was BS.

Why do the x19/x22/x22A get off the West Shore Expressway so early at Exit 5 when the only stop they have to serve (Arthur Kill Rd) is south of the ramp for Exit 4?

And look at the terrible destination in the popup for the x22A:

"X22A SP EX TTNVLL via A KL via PK-RD via AMBY"

Archived