‘The Dark Knight Rises’ selling out IMAX opening night screenings 6 months before release

Shortline Bus

"Holy stampede, Batman!

"The Dark Knight Rises" doesn't hit movie theaters until midnight on July 19, but IMAX screenings are already selling out six months in avance, Entertainment Weekly reported.

That's a feat not seen since James Cameron's "Avatar" opened the Pandora's box in 2009, selling out opening night IMAX screenings four months before the film's release.

The interest in Christopher Nolan's third and final installment of his Batman trilogy is already cresting: The teaser trailer obliterated the one-day record held by “The Avengers,” with more than 12.5 million views combined on the iTunes trailer site and on the iTunes Trailers app for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch."

‘The Dark Knight Rises’ selling out IMAX opening night screenings six months before release  - NY Daily News

The only reason they dubbed this as the "final installment" is because Christian Bale doesn't want to play the role as Bruce Wayne/Batman anymore.

After seeing the trailer, I'm a lil iffy about this considering that it seems that Bane is the main villain in this movie...In my opinion, it would've been so much better if The Riddler had some sort of appearance or such...

• 2 weeks later...
The only reason they dubbed this as the "final installment" is because Christian Bale doesn't want to play the role as Bruce Wayne/Batman anymore.

After seeing the trailer, I'm a lil iffy about this considering that it seems that Bane is the main villain in this movie...In my opinion, it would've been so much better if The Riddler had some sort of appearance or such...

I think the director also said that it was his final work on the series as well, so it's not just Bale wanting to walk away from the role. Much as I'd like to see a 4th new Batman movie, I don't think they really need to make it without making it repeat plots from the other movies.

Far as the villain, I'm fine with Bane. Yes, I think Riddler would've been cool, but probably they might make him too similar to Joker - well Jim Carrey made an imprint about how the Riddler is like. I'm looking forward to seeing Bane for real, not Schumacer's crap version where he was just some mindless muscle for a terrible Poison Ivy.

I still think Catwoman would've been better with Angelina Jolie than Anne hathaway.

As far as the sell outs - I am surprised, as I still say that Dark Knight got all that buzz because Ledger died before the movie was released.

I think the director also said that it was his final work on the series as well, so it's not just Bale wanting to walk away from the role. Much as I'd like to see a 4th new Batman movie, I don't think they really need to make it without making it repeat plots from the other movies.

Far as the villain, I'm fine with Bane. Yes, I think Riddler would've been cool, but probably they might make him too similar to Joker - well Jim Carrey made an imprint about how the Riddler is like. I'm looking forward to seeing Bane for real, not Schumacer's crap version where he was just some mindless muscle for a terrible Poison Ivy.

I still think Catwoman would've been better with Angelina Jolie than Anne hathaway.

As far as the sell outs - I am surprised, as I still say that Dark Knight got all that buzz because Ledger died before the movie was released.

Angelina Jolie as Catwoman?! Hell naw!! People only say that based on her previous action-film performances. She can go somewhere else!

Jim Carrey didnt really portray The Riddler. After all, Batman Forever & Batman & Robin were aimed towards the kids 99% of the time, so Jim Carrey had to be Jim Carrey, goofy and crazy. The REAL Riddler's character is the exact opposite of that.

Perhaps, but Anne Hathaway? Couldn't they find someone else? I just don't see it. Jolie wasn't too bad in Mr and Mrs Smith. Salt [watched parts of it], she looked pretty good in that as well. So playing a thief wouldn't be that big a stretch for her.

Well, if they can make the Riddler 'un-joker' like, fine. Rumors were raging about Depp being the Riddler.

Agreed. If the Dark Knight Rises is disappointing then the entire movie box office industry is in a coma litterarly.:confused:

Even if its not all that good, everyone is still going to go see it or buy it or burn it. So in the end, unless people ask for their money back, they still get broke off.

I'd trust Nolan's version of Batman of Schumaccer's any day. I won't have huge hopes for #3, but the 2nd one was epic awesome. To me the franchise is very secure regardless of how this one does.

Thor and Captain America, I'm sure people had low expectations, both did fairly well last summer. Green Lantern was the only flop.

Perhaps, but Anne Hathaway? Couldn't they find someone else? I just don't see it. Jolie wasn't too bad in Mr and Mrs Smith. Salt [watched parts of it], she looked pretty good in that as well. So playing a thief wouldn't be that big a stretch for her.

Well, if they can make the Riddler 'un-joker' like, fine. Rumors were raging about Depp being the Riddler.

I actually support the choice for Anne Hathaway to be in this movie, remember when Heath Ledger was chosen to be The Joker? Everyone was like "Oh he's not going to be all that good, they should've picked someone else" and look what happened......he became a GOD after that role and the way he portrayed it!

Well, I don't doubt that she doesn't have the talent to pull it off, but eh, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I don't deny that I was skeptical about Ledger as well. Nicholson, though old, was what my basis of what the Joker should've been. The dark and twisted Ledger version was amazing. That woman, Maggie Jylenhall, was an improvement over Holmes in the 2nd one.

Archived