NEW

Jaycity

hey I'm just getting started with the mta, and wanted to know what are the main differences with the TA, MTA, and MABSTOA

MTA is the parent name for all divisions within the agency.

TA and OA (MaBSTOA) are essentially the same, but a few years ago they both merged to join both agencies, just different status. TA is Civil Service while OA isn't.

Noflexdont goes into a bit more detail a few days ago here:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/f90/really-big-difference-between-mabstoa-t-bus-operators-34008.html

BTW, there's also another division with bus operations called MTA Bus, which is a brand for all the private lines (eg. Green Line, Jamaica Bus, Queens Surface Corp., etc.) taken over by MTA a few years ago.

I'm assuming you've just came on as a Bus Operator(?). If so, welcome aboard --- what depot are you at?

He is going in as Cleaner/Helper.

btw, today was my graduation at Zerega. They had nothing for us to do, so we put together your training manuals for next week.. lol

I asked if I could have a copy, but they said no. lol maybe you can hook me up so I can study it for the maintainer helper test Jay?? lol

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for replying sorry i missed the messages, i tought it showed on the page when someone commented. I am going in as cleaner/ helper and it's with MTA bus

so far everyone has been telling me to get over to T/A ASAP look for an upcoming exam and take it

Archived