New York City Bus Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The answer was the (B24) and the (Q38). You had to spell from the letters that didnt spell cough.

NEXT

CoughfcoughlcoughicoughpcoughcouguhcPough. Copughcouutghcoughipcougthcoughup.

flip uP put ip tup?

NEXT

All of my bus stops are on one way streets, yet I use the same two way road in both directions in my half mile nonstop portion. Who am I?

Correct! I wasn't sure if anyone was actually going to get this one.

I had a feeling it was somewhere in Manhattan. lol.

I'll take it up.

I got an interesting deal recently. In exchange for losing service to one area, a much longer bus line has been rerouted to duplicate most of my path to make up for the level of service. I am not a defunct route, nor does the other route serve the area I don't serve anymore. Who am I?

I'll take it up.

I got an interesting deal recently. In exchange for losing service to one area, a longer bus line has been rerouted to serve most of my path.

(Bx41) lost service above Gun Hill Road

(Bx39) replaced that portion of the Bx41.

Nope.

C. U

CoughfcoughlcoughicoughpcoughcouguhcPough. Copughcouutghcoughipcougthcoughup.

chill.....

The second route doesn't replace the portion the first route lost.

It actually duplicates the main portion of the first route.

regardless if his guess was wrong, wth kind of correction is that? Telling him it doesn't replace it, it duplicates it....

you're playing with words here....

it's like tellin someone, it aint a quarter past 11, it's 11:15....

I wanna know what the word replace means to you then.....

I got an interesting deal recently. In exchange for losing service to one area, a longer bus line has been rerouted to serve most of my path.

I would guess the Bx14/24... but then you'll tell me the bx4a duplicates the old 14 in parkchester.... smh....

chill.....

regardless if his guess was wrong, wth kind of correction is that? Telling him it doesn't replace it, it duplicates it....

you're playing with words here....

it's like tellin someone, it aint a quarter past 11, it's 11:15....

I wanna know what the word replace means to you then.....

With what I told Q23, well, it was supposed to explain how the routes I had in mind were different from his answer. (So, my post before this one can be taken as a hint)

I would guess the Bx14/24... but then you'll tell me the bx4a duplicates the old 14 in parkchester.... smh....

You're wrong too. The Bx24 isn't longer than the Bx14

In any case, I've edited the riddle. The edited part is in italic. You both can try again if Q23 allows it.

I'll take it up.

I got an interesting deal recently. In exchange for losing service to one area, a much longer bus line has been rerouted to duplicate most of my path to make up for the level of service. I am not a defunct route, nor does the other route serve the area I don't serve anymore. Who am I?

B67? Pass if it's right.

With what I told Q23, well, it was supposed to explain how the routes I had in mind were different from his answer. (So, my post before this one can be taken as a hint)

In any case, I've edited the riddle. The edited part is in italic. You both can try again if Q23 allows it.

I'll allow it, but just to make it fair for people.

NEW RULE:

*Members can now guess twice instead of once.

ok, but one thing though... the 4a replaced the 14 in parkchester.... the 4a is longer than the 14/24....

I never insinuated the 24 was longer than the 14....

furthermore, I see why Q23 guessed what he did earlier too....

anyway, I'll just wait for the answer...

B67? Pass if it's right.

((nor does the other route serve the area I don't serve anymore.))

I skimmed at his revision, and that came to mind too... but then I took note of the part in bold, which eliminates the 67, since there is no area the 67 doesn't serve anymore - because the 67 wasn't altered to begin with.....

I'll allow it, but just to make it fair for people.

NEW RULE:

*Members can now guess twice instead of once.

it was originally suggested to reduce spam.....

No one got it.

I'll post one people will die figuring out.

If you subtract my number by 63, you get the product of a proposed line.

now add the letter to the nearest borough and change the product by 43, then subtract 20, then add 59, then add 17, minus 17, add 5, then subtract 80, then convert the sign into the MTA NYCT loyal's bus prefix and add 60. What do you get.

X68? Pass.

Can you make simpler riddles from now on? Like a question about the route itself, rather than asking us to do some crazy math problem or have us take the letters out of some gibberish?

Correct.

I'll post another one that wasn't like last time.

I run along with this other bus along my mainstream. This "helper" route parallels this elevated structure. This bus goes deep into Manhattan, operate as a North-South Route and as a crosstown. Who is he?

Archived