New York City Bus Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

What do you get.

mathematically.....

an indeterminable answer, because you can't "add the letter"... to a number ;)

I run along with this other bus along my mainstream. This "helper" route parallels this elevated structure. This bus goes deep into Manhattan, operate as a North-South Route and as a crosstown. Who is he?

The M100?

Wrong for the reason B35 specified.

ok, so What was the answer to your riddle ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok, so What was the answer to your riddle ?

It was the (S42)

-It lost service to West New Brighton(or wherever that branch used to go before the 2010 cuts)

-Most of the S42's route is now duplicated by the (S52)

-The (S52) doesn't provide service on the S42's defunct branch.

Correct.

I'll post another one that wasn't like last time.

I run along with this other bus along my mainstream. This "helper" route parallels this elevated structure. This bus goes deep into Manhattan, operate as a North-South Route and as a crosstown. Who is he?

You must be the (Q60), and the "helper route" must be the (Q32)

WTF?

calm yourself....

I was gonna comment on Q101's last riddle's, answer....

then I edited the post with those dots for like a hot minute..... then I edited it saying "delete"....

then instead of wasting a post saying "delete", I edited it yet again with what the post reads now....

calm yourself....

I was gonna comment on Q101's last riddle answer....

then I edited it with those dots..... then I edited it saying "delete"....

then instead of wasting a post saying "delete", I edited it yet again with what the post reads now....

I'm chill...

Just thought it funny (and weird) to see a post with a bunch of dots.

What's the next riddle?

I'm chill...

Just thought it funny (and weird) to see a post with a bunch of dots.

What's the next riddle?

((post #300)) contains the most recent riddle....

we're waiting to see if Q101's guess ((post #303)) to Q23's riddle is correct.....

It was the (S42)

-It lost service to West New Brighton(or wherever that branch used to go before the 2010 cuts)

-Most of the S42's route is now duplicated by the (S52)

-The (S52) doesn't provide service on the S42's defunct branch.

You must be the (Q60), and the "helper route" must be the (Q32)

Now I get. Look at the bottom to see if the answer is correct

ok, cool....

I didn't want to make a second guess (despite you changing the rule), but that last hint was too big a clue... lol...

Yeah I think that gave it away a lot.

((post #300)) contains the most recent riddle....

we're waiting to see if Q101's guess ((post #303)) to Q23's riddle is correct.....

Q101 E.Midtown's answer, is correct.

Anyone wanna go.

Ill go.

My route was changed many times. The percentage of routing that is still the same as when I started is only 35%. I still operate, being saved by the MTA. My ridership had about 300 riders, maximized to 1,200 people daily.

LOL, you quoted yourself... and: QUOTECEPTION

I guess (B61).

Ill go.

My route was changed many times. The percentage of routing that is still the same as when I started is only 35%. I still operate, being saved by the MTA. My ridership had about 300 riders, maximized to 1,200 people daily.

The M9?

Ill go.

That's a hard one. I can't think of any route that had 300 riders. The S60 had 210 before it was eliminated, and the Q79 had 650. I don't think any route had 300 riders before the cuts.

Ill go.

a route whose ridership quadrupled.... hmm...

I'ma go 'head and guess..... The Q21 ?

We have a winner.

B35:

Pass or Go?

I'll go....

I pass by 2 major transportation terminals whose modes take you to other states....

I no longer have a route paralleling me to my eastern terminal, past mid-route....

p.s. slow & steady, wins the race.... drivers out of another borough's depots during the rush hour know this first-hand....

Who am I ?

I'll go....

I pass by 2 major transportation terminals whose modes take you to other states....

I no longer have a route paralleling me to my eastern terminal, past mid-route....

p.s. slow & steady, wins the race.... drivers out of another borough's depots during the rush hour know this first-hand....

Who am I ?

The M42???

I'll go....

Who am I ?

The (M42)?

Pass if right.

EDIT: Dang, Casey Stengel beat me by a minute!

Archived