New York City Bus Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

Tomorrow just came a little bit early. Let's see...

I'm such a sad sack of a route.

Outside of Rush Hour, I never run more than every 20 minutes.

The (MTA) wanted to eliminate my weekend service in 2010.... thankfully, we reached a compromise.

My cousins to the North and South are both longer, and busier than me, and they don't terminate at a subway station like me.

Still, I play a role in the community too! I just want the (MTA) to give me a chance!

Which route am I?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tomorrow just came a little bit early. Let's see...

I'm such a sad sack of a route.

Outside of Rush Hour, I never run more than every 20 minutes.

The (MTA) wanted to eliminate my weekend service in 2010.... thankfully, we reached a compromise.

My cousins to the North and South are both longer, and busier than me, and they don't terminate at a subway station like me.

Still, I play a role in the community too! I just want the (MTA) to give me a chance!

Which route am I?

The B4 would fit, except that it isn't really in danger of elimination, and doesn't end at a subway station.

The Bx33 was going to have its weekend service eliminated, and 125th Street technically is south of 138th Street, so that's my guess.

Pass if it's right.

since checkmate passed....

I was slated to get eliminated in 2010, despite ridership on me being as high as it is.... I was spared b/c of a new development in the borough I run in, down by the riverside (thanks yuppies).... as of late, I've seen one of my terminals shifted on one end, and become full time on the other....

Who am I ?

good guess, but....

nah fam, you right! It's the B25.

the development I'm talkin about is brooklyn bridge park.... its terminal in dumbo is no longer part time, and its terminal on the opposite side of the route was moved from fulton/van sinderen to ENY av/alabama.....

Anyone else can post up a riddle in the meantime.....

I'll take a shot.

For my first few decades, I was a "branch" of another route. Ironically, I only shared one intersection with that main route, and even then it wasn't even the same bus stop. I shared more stops(and a terminus) with a second former "branch" that shared more stops with the main route. However that second branch is long gone. Who am I?

I'll take a shot.

For my first few decades, I was a "branch" of another route. Ironically, I only shared one intersection with that main route, and even then it wasn't even the same bus stop. I shared more stops(and a terminus) with a second former "branch" that shared more stops with the main route. However that second branch is long gone. Who am I?

My guess is the Q46....

Q46 was the Q44a IINM (or maybe it was the 44b; it was either the a or the b)....

Q74 was the Q44vp (vleigh place)...

current Q44 runs perpendicular to the current Q46....

^^ yeah, that answer was unveiled as being the B64 already (posts #49 & #50)....

----------------------

correct!

Pass or go, B35?

I'll go.

((not counting short turns))

I have 3 total terminals; one of which is adjacent to where the "quietest neighbors in the world" are.... Some people say I didn't deserve LTD service (the guy posting this riddle, included) - but it has worked out thus far...

speaking of the number "3", if you add that number to my route number, that route in the borough I run in also has 3 terminals....

Who am I ?

^^ yeah, that answer was unveiled as being the B64 already (posts #49 & #50)....

----------------------

I'll go.

((not counting short turns))

I have 3 total terminals; one of which is adjacent to where the "quietest neighbors in the world" are.... Some people say I didn't deserve LTD service (the guy posting this riddle, included) - but it has worked out thus far...

speaking of the number "3", if you add that number to my route number, that route in the borough I run in also has 3 terminals....

Who am I ?

I was about to say the same thing about it already being answered.

Anyway, you're thinking of the B38, which has a branch that ends at a cemetary in Ridgewood, and if you add 3, you get the B41.

Pass.

I'll go then....

(and yeah, it was the B38 btw)

As far as my route number/notation goes, you can consider me as being 2nd generation.... my father ran no where near where I currently run today... Many wanna make me a LTD, but I just aint havin it.... A shorter portion of me used to have a different route number.... But now that I'm 2nd generation, I run much farther now, and folks at one particular subway station can't get enough of me.....

Who am I?

I'll go then....

(and yeah, it was the B38 btw)

As far as my route number/notation goes, you can consider me as being 2nd generation.... my father ran no where near where I currently run today... Many wanna make me a LTD, but I just aint havin it.... A shorter portion of me used to have a different route number.... But now that I'm 2nd generation, I run much farther now, and folks at one particular subway station can't get enough of me.....

Who am I?

You sound like the B15.

For some time, I've traveled on not one one-way street with most of my routing being on a particular two-way street. However, I don't travel that whole street. For the other part of the street, you have to change at my terminus. I pass through several stations, three have my street name, and two of those three are served by train lines with no express variant.

I pass through several neighborhoods, and for some time, I've traveled on not one one-way street with most of my routing being on a particular two-way street. However, I don't travel that whole street. For the other part of the street, you have to change at my terminus.

That was phrased in a rather awkward way, but is it the M5?

I don't think so, seeing as how he said the route doesn't travel on one way streets while the M5 has always traveled on 5th Av and 6th Av and Broadway/Church St post-June 2010.

The "particular two-way street" can't be Riverside Drive because there's no route at any of the M5' terminals that serves Riverside Drive, and I don't think he's thinking of upper Broadway either.

I pass through several neighborhoods, and for some time, I've traveled on not one one-way street with most of my routing being on a particular two-way street. However, I don't travel that whole street. For the other part of the street, you have to change at my terminus.

The Q55 ?

Archived