New York City Bus Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

the Q55 is the only thing that comes to mind... it doesn't run the full physical length of myrtle av, you xfer to the B54 to get to the other portion of myrtle, it stays on myrtle for most its duration, and it doesn't go on any one way streets (none that I know of anyway)....st nicholas & palmetto are two way... and jamaica & (the side street hillside av turns into), is, as well.....

the part that stumps me is where he mentions passing through several neighborhoods....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But doesn't that apply to almost any route?

People annotate/interpret different words differently.... So when I hear several, I'm thinking more than just 3 areas (the Q55 serves)....

I'll just wait & see what he says the answer is.... it was worded somewhat funny though.....

For some time, I've traveled on not one one-way street with most of my routing being on a particular two-way street. However, I don't travel that whole street. For the other part of the street, you have to change at my terminus. I pass through several stations, three have my street name, and two of those three are served by train lines with no express variant.

so you gave another clue... ok cool....

lol...

lemme guess, I chose the right street but the route on the wrong side of the equation...

is it the B54 by any chance?

In the earlier years on this millennium, it was suggested that I serve a particular street from the border to a major intersection, including a part served by a well used route. However, my owner at the time could never get the funds to make it happen. I later got passed to a new owner. This one was able to make changes for some of the routes that their previous owners wanted to make, but like in my case, couldn't get the funds. However, I wasn't so lucky. I don't even think my new owner even though of me. In the end, I was weeded out, leaving only express service along a street I used to serve.

In the earlier years on this millennium, it was suggested that I serve a particular street from the border to a major intersection, including a part served by a well used route. However, my owner at the time could never get the funds to make it happen. I later got passed to a new owner. This one was able to make changes for some of the routes that their previous owners wanted to make, but like in my case, couldn't get the funds. However, I wasn't so lucky. I don't even think my new owner even though of me. In the end, I was weeded out, leaving only express service along a street I used to serve.

Q9A/Q89.

Pass.

My route starts near a subway station, connected with NICE and several Limited routes. I have a weekday short turn. I travel along one major street. I pass through 2 different sections and I go outside of my borough. What am I?

(Q5)

I'll go then:

I used to share my primary two way street with a rush hour only express bus before it got cut in 2010. My last stop on one end is the same as said express bus, plus what was the last stop of another rush hour only express bus which also got cut in 2010. I also provide a connection with one of the most heavily used bus routes in the city. Who am I?

I'll go then:

I used to share my primary two way street with a rush hour only express bus before it got cut in 2010. My last stop on one end is the same as said express bus, plus what was the last stop of another rush hour only express bus which also got cut in 2010. I also provide a connection with one of the most heavily used bus routes in the city. Who am I?

The (M22)?

Archived