New York City Bus Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For most of our lives, we have been together through many different operating companies. Previously, one of us served the southern portion and the other one served the northern portion. Soon, we got combined and the two routes pretty much merged into one. Later on, our northern terminals were split but we still had the same southern terminal. However, our southern terminal has been adjusted since that time. Soon, the combining of us caused so much confusion that we became independent again. We operate practically the same to this day, with some improvements in between. We have never had the same route number. Who are we? 

For most of our lives, we have been together through many different operating companies. Previously, one of us served the southern portion and the other one served the northern portion. Soon, we got combined and the two routes pretty much merged into one. Later on, our northern terminals were split but we still had the same southern terminal. However, our southern terminal has been adjusted since that time. Soon, the combining of us caused so much confusion that we became independent again. We operate practically the same to this day, with some improvements in between. We have never had the same route number. Who are we?

Bx40/42?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Been more than 24 hours without a post. This one is a first guesser for sure!

I'm a route that shares my eastern terminal with a 'veteran' in a beach area. The vet has a brother who loves to stop&shop with 3 other guys at his southern end. During my travels west I go right by a training facility some of the guys on this forum have visited. I finally come to rest right next to my home.

Who am I?

Q48.

I salute an American president in the heart of Asia then I'm off to college. After college I'm springing along but by the time I salute another American President I'm just about worn out. Luckily I'm able to hand it off to a friend so he can carry the load. He's able to loosen his Belt before retiring at the side of the road.

I salute an American president in the heart of Asia then I'm off to college. After college I'm springing along but by the time I salute another American President I'm just about worn out. Luckily I'm able to hand it off to a friend so he can carry the load. He's able to loosen his Belt before retiring at the side of the road.

Q23

m103/m101

B6 or B8.

Q20?

None of the above. The term "springing along" refers to a major north/south street. One of the two American presidents is referred by his first name.

Similar to the NYCS Riddles Thread, this is about NYC buses.

Remember:

•One Riddle to be solved at a time

•One guess per member at a time

•Members have 24 hours to respond

•After 24 hours, another riddle will be posted

•After a person gets the answer, they go, and so on

q27

You were a few hours early with your next post if I'm reading the rules right but it's cool.

The heart of Asia would be Flushing.

The college is Queensboro CC

Springing along would be Springfield Blvd

The friend is Q88

Tightening his Belt is Belt Pkwy

Retiring at the side of the road would be 145th Rd, the last stop

Thr two presidents are Franklin or Theodore Roosevelt (it was named for both) and Linden (Lyndon is the actual spelling but most spell it the former) Johnson

limitednyc is correct. Pass or play?

You were a few hours early with your next post if I'm reading the rules right but it's cool.

The heart of Asia would be Flushing.

The college is Queensboro CC

Springing along would be Springfield Blvd

The friend is Q88

Tightening his Belt is Belt Pkwy

Retiring at the side of the road would be 145th Rd, the last stop

Thr two presidents are Franklin or Theodore Roosevelt (it was named for both) and Linden (Lyndon is the actual spelling but most spell it the former) Johnson

limitednyc is correct. Pass or play?

The rules have changed since then as follows (see on Page 110 too with more of an explanation)

•Members have 24 hours to respond (NEW: + GRACE PERIOD, SEE BELOW)

•After 24 hours, another riddle will be posted (NEW: + GRACE PERIOD, SEE BELOW)

NEW: THE RIDDLE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ABOUT A BUS ROUTE. IT CAN PERTAIN TO ANYTHING ABOUT NYC BUSES

NEW: FILL IN RIDDLES - Authors can give fill-in riddles for players to fill in the blanks correctly. No more than 5 fill-ins. 

GRACE PERIOD: If the 24 hours has gone by, but the original author of the riddle has not responded to someone whether his or her choice is correct or not, then nobody can go unless the grace period is up. This grace period ends 24 hours after the last post made prior to the original 24 hours given.

Isn't the friend the Q77 (because the Q88 never touches the Belt, and actually terminates before the Q27)?

The rules have changed since then as follows (see on Page 110 too with more of an explanation)

•Members have 24 hours to respond (NEW: + GRACE PERIOD, SEE BELOW)

•After 24 hours, another riddle will be posted (NEW: + GRACE PERIOD, SEE BELOW)

NEW: THE RIDDLE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ABOUT A BUS ROUTE. IT CAN PERTAIN TO ANYTHING ABOUT NYC BUSES

NEW: FILL IN RIDDLES - Authors can give fill-in riddles for players to fill in the blanks correctly. No more than 5 fill-ins. 

GRACE PERIOD: If the 24 hours has gone by, but the original author of the riddle has not responded to someone whether his or her choice is correct or not, then nobody can go unless the grace period is up. This grace period ends 24 hours after the last post made prior to the original 24 hours given.

Isn't the friend the Q77 (because the Q88 never touches the Belt, and actually terminates before the Q27)?

Yes. I meant the Q77

well no answer

play

I once was a shuttle route from factory workers. Than i was changed to express myself. what # am I. and what was the shuttle route changed to?

here is the answer b29 the later became the b30,  the change we express service starte b29x later x29

• 1 month later...

Sorry about bumping this thread but I have a riddle i'd been thinking of for Months:

Ok this is a location in the Bronx where 4 different buses go to. 2 are From Gun Hill (soon 3), 1 from West Farms, 1 from Kingbridge (not after tommorow.) It is next to a Metro-North station 1 block away. 3 of these are Crosstown routes.

Where am I?

Sorry about bumping this thread but I have a riddle i'd been thinking of for Months:

Ok this is a location in the Bronx where 4 different buses go to. 2 are From Gun Hill (soon 3), 1 from West Farms, 1 from Kingbridge (not after tommorow.) It is next to a Metro-North station 1 block away. 3 of these are Crosstown routes.

Where am I?

Webster and Tremont?

Archived