New York City Bus Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm an inter-borough route. I'm officially designated as a local route, but over part of my route i actually only stop at major stops, effectively making me a limited route. There are actually two possible routes i can be, either answer is fine.

Lets see.... is one of em the M60 ?

Negative for the M5 and Q50, because both routes are officially designated as Limited routes while my routes are not. The M5 is doubly no because it only runs in one borough while my routes run in two.

The two answers are the M60 on Broadway and Astoria Blvd and the Q35 on Flatbush Av, so B35viaChurch gets it.

On Broadway, the M60 only stops at 106, 110, 116 and 120 Sts and the M104 serves the other stops. It only makes a few stops on Astoria Blvd while the Q19 is local.

On Flatbush Av the Q35 only stops at Ave U, Fillmore Av, Avenue P and Kings Highway, meaning that it makes less stops then the B41 Limited. Yeah. For what it's worth the Q35 did make all local stops until a few years ago.

I'll take a shot.

Although I'm a somewhat short route, I actually have very good ridership and run very frequently. I'm also one of the few routes to have a a farebox recovery ratio of over 100%. Recently, in a thread about improving service, a very unpopular poster made an very unorthodox suggestion to extend me over the Williamsburg. However, the poster making this riddle thinks it should go no further than a nearby duo of train stations served by an interborough local, a limited, and an intraborough local. Who am I?

I'll take a shot.

Although I'm a somewhat short route, I actually have very good ridership and run very frequently. I'm also one of the few routes to have a a farebox recovery ratio of over 100%. Recently, in a thread about improving service, a very unpopular poster made an very unorthodox suggestion to extend me over the Williamsburg. However, the poster making this riddle thinks it should go no further than a nearby duo of train stations served by an interborough local, a limited, and an intraborough local. Who am I?

I'm too lazy to look up the stats right now, but I'm pretty sure the Q33 has over a 100% farebox recovery ratio, so that's my answer.

By the way, are you referring to it being extended to Woodside?

Pass.

Archived