CNG

BeeLine256

CNG buses don't last as long as standard diesel ones for the simple fact that their tanks have a somewhat limited lifespan before they must be replaced or re-certified for use (11-13 years)... But I've hearing of tanks that can now last 15-20 years now so I could be wrong here

do you think the MTA should change over to CNG buses instead of the diesel buses.

it wouldn't happen because CNG is not as fuel efficient as diesel. MTA would be taking a step back doing that with such a large fleet.

Not only is a CNG tank not as fuel efficent compared to a Diesel Bus but it's also more expensive enough is maintain them. If the (MTA) switches to CNG buses we're going to be spending more to take care of the tanks. CNG's may be closer to emission standards but we just can't afford to make big order's for CNG Buses right now the way we did for diesel buses in the past in the fiinacial crisis the (MTA) is currently in.

lets see...

you got the rest of the C40 order, which is about 250 more or so (give ot take a few, I don't know the exact number). Then you got the 74 3G CNGs thats comming soon so i would say at least 300 more new CNG buses comming in this year

Archived