Tragedy on the Mediterranean: cruise ship runs aground off coast of Italy, more than 70 feared dead

Shortline Bus

Most hated man of 2012? Really? The year has barely started.

That's why he can hold that tittle, as of right now he is the biggest **** of the year. Now if some guy burns down a hospital, the captain could lose his tittle.

Unrelated, but I never got what's supposed to be so alluring/captivating/interesting/romantic about going on a cruise..... Women especially eat it all up...

No thanks, you can keep a boat ride....

Bro(B35) in the almost 15 years or so since the mega hit movie "Tiantic" came out in 1997, the cruise ship business exploded in popularity and thus new business. I am not saying your wrong. (although crusing locally in major cities such as SF or Venice is very pretty)So i guess we can thank Hollywood for the reason cruise ships are so big in popularity.

Personally, if i get chance before i pass away, just fly me to the carribean, SF or Venice and then i take a short cruise there and I am good.

There was once an old saying "That the Captain must go down with his ship". This Captain did not go down with it.... feel bad for the passengers...

That's something captains back in olden times did. Lol

I could imagine the thoughts of a captain going through such a scenario back then and now...

Back then: "I shall try to save the many lives that dwell on this great ship."

21st Century: "I'm gettin' the f_ck outta here!" *shoves people out the way*

Times have changed huh? Funny how I heard he accidentally fell into one of the life boats...

If the "I tripped and fell on it" excuse doesnt work with adultery, what made him think it'd work in this situation?

Nova speaking of your above post. There new reports that the Capt. was sharing some 'quality time' in his quarters(no joke)just as the ship was crashing. If true, no doubt one of the biggest 'fails' ever.

Costa Concordia Captain Reportedly Seen Dining With Mystery Woman Before Deadly Crash | Fox News

Looks like (barring intense media/customer pressure)Costa Concordia will not be getting a *refund*. Instead they being offered only (IMO an insulting)30% discount off their next cruise. Bad job by Carnival as the lawsuits have begun.

Carnival offers survivors of doomed cruise Costa Concordia 30% off future cruise; outraged passengers prepare for lawsuit - NY Daily News

• 4 weeks later...

Archived