Fed up with the MTA!

pelhamlocal

i get to penn station this after noon, so we head for the Uptown (1), and a (2) Uptown Express, pulls in. So, im like okay, understandable, construction, on the 7th Ave lines on weekends, round clock, blahblahblah.

Then i see a flyer on a pillar saying (1) Uptown Locals making all stops to 242nd, on the express track. Still keeping it together.:)

Just wait it gets better, when we reach the express platform, we(me and my Mom) walk over to the uptown side. Pink tape. Almost about to lose it, so just as we are going to the stairs, a kid says uptown local is arriving...something like that. I'm like:confused:what, but then i see a train of 62's pull in on the downtown side, so i decided to see whats up. so while walking over there, i here the emergency brakes, being applyed(train fully stoped, doors open...you know) and i see the motor man. I tap on the glass and ask is the a uptown local, and he reply yeah...or something.

So, i got on almost about to lose it but it was too hot, winter coat on and all, and was too tired, and im pretty sure my mom was at that point too.....

Is there more to this story... Because from what I'm reading here, in all honesty, I don't see what you're so fed up about - Especially to the point where you're almost about to lose it.....

Is there more to this story... Because from what I'm reading here, in all honesty, I don't see what you're so fed up about - Especially to the point where you're almost about to lose it.....

I think he is just fed up, becuz he didn't have the time to read any posters and decide to go up and down in the 34th St station for no purpose at all, rather then thinking fast of taking a (2) or (3) train on the Local track and making a connection at another uptown stop.........

If it was so confusing, there were a few workers on the MIDDLE of the M platform at 34th St who could of helped. But even that, he didn't used the brain.

Now he blames the MTA for bad service. Ayeeeeeeeeeee

Good thing I read the G/O posters, signs, etc. I don't need any help. Ill ask for help WHEN its needed.

And I fully support them cutting all this weekend/excess express bus service you just love pissing and moaning about. I walked up 5th Avenue one day last winter and counted about 11 air-carrying MCI's in about 5 minutes, both NYCT and MTA Bus. Don't give me the "they're express, so they cost more." As is, those MCIs cost more to run than one LIB route, so shove it. I always say you deserve it when your X24392340400 doesn't run so you can't get your organic milk.

You have absolutely no idea how hard I laughed when I read this!!!

i get to penn station this after noon, so we head for the Uptown (1), and a (2) Uptown Express, pulls in. So, im like okay, understandable, construction, on the 7th Ave lines on weekends, round clock, blahblahblah. Then i see a flyer on a pillar saying (1) Uptown Locals making all stops to 242nd, on the express track. Still keeping it together.:) Just wait it gets better, when we reach the express platform, we(me and my Mom) walk over to the uptown side. Pink tape. Almost about to lose it, so just as we are going to the stairs, a kid says uptown local is arriving...something like that. I'm like:confused:what, but then i see a train of 62's pull in on the downtown side, so i decided to see whats up. so while walking over there, i here the emergency brakes, being applyed(train fully stoped, doors open...you know) and i see the motor man. I tap on the glass and ask is the a uptown local, and he reply yeah...or something. So, i got on almost about to lose it but it was too hot, winter coat on and all, and was too tired, and im pretty sure my mom was at that point too. but all in all, i QUOTE, myself, " The MTA really needs to get its, (S6)(H)(1)(T) together" unquote, or atleast thats what i remember saying. But in all seriousness the TA, needs to get its (S6)(H)(1)(T) together, fo real.:mad:, and so thats my story.
I don't know how you got that lost I was there and I understand that hole thing, for one when they do construction on the south ferry line all (1) trains go exp. Btw 34th st and 14th st. Uptown the same but it will go lcl. North of 34th the (2) will go lcl. In both directions. You have to get the nb (1) on the mid plat on 34th st. Oh and it tells you every few mins on the PA CIS and countdown clock I see it everyday I get it I really don't know how with all the signs can it be so hard. If all goes wrong there just get on the first train and see what's up at 42nd st they all must stop there on the same track. But at all stations they have the countdown clocks making announcements about all construction, in the city even for other lines.

Yeah it was bad and you know what??

People didnt like it then but they still got around and did what they had to do.

I got around its much better now than it was back then...

See my Point?

That is such a cop out and you know it. Anytime something is messed up with the subway system, just compare it to the 70's and 80's when the system was practically on the brink of collapse and that makes it all better. Nice way to excuse ineptness. LOL

And I fully support them cutting all this weekend/excess express bus service you just love pissing and moaning about. I walked up 5th Avenue one day last winter and counted about 11 air-carrying MCI's in about 5 minutes, both NYCT and MTA Bus. Don't give me the "they're express, so they cost more." As is, those MCIs cost more to run than one LIB route, so shove it. I always say you deserve it when your X24392340400 doesn't run so you can't get your organic milk.

Yeah one day last winter... Didn't say if they were deadheading or what so that doesn't mean anything... Anywho, I'm glad your precious LIB is finito, many of whose lines carry air for most of the day, not just for 5 mins. I'll drink a glass of organic milk to that. It's "NICE" to see a change for the better. :)

I am sorry to inform you that they were all in service and headed for their other terminals... went back in March to see the WTC site and another three in a minute carrying air... you can continue being an elitist ass because you ride buses everywhere to convince people the subway is bad (when it isn't, you just need a reality check), then complain about the Prevosts being too small... I feel one of KR's shutdown posts is long overdue.

You're also one of those people that really think the (MTA) crashes buses and delays trains based on the crap the media puts out, then side with that pelhamlocal who didn't read the signs they put up right at the entrances and all over the walls only to get told.. ingrate.

I am sorry to inform you that they were all in service and headed for their other terminals... went back in March to see the WTC site and another three in a minute carrying air... you can continue being an elitist ass because you ride buses everywhere to convince people the subway is bad (when it isn't, you just need a reality check), then complain about the Prevosts being too small... I feel one of KR's shutdown posts is long overdue.

You're also one of those people that really think the (MTA) crashes buses and delays trains based on the crap the media puts out, then side with that pelhamlocal who didn't read the signs they put up right at the entrances and all over the walls only to get told.. ingrate.

I'm sorry to inform you that I don't buy it... But anyway... I don't have to prove anything to you about what I use... I have been using the subway for almost as long as you've been on this earth buddy, so I know what I'm talking about and outside of this forum, I can guarantee you that the general public would agree. Oh and believe me, I don't think people need me to convince them about using the subway or not, nor do they need the media to tell them something about the system that they already know. They'll do as they please and they know the deal because like me they use the subway on a daily basis. I'll continue to make comments about how the system can improve because unlike you I don't have a love affair with everything the (MTA) does. I give them praise when they deserve it and criticize them as well when they deserve it.

And unlike you I have a sense of humility and don't complain about every single thing that goes wrong. You can't even claim that you've been using the subway as long as I have considering you rarely post about how you take it, because every utterance of the word express bus gets you off. I honestly lost it when ENY shut your thread down during Hurricane Irene, and four seconds later made another post in a different thread boasting of the $11.00 you "lost" complete with that smiley wearing sunglasses...

And unlike you I have a sense of humility and don't complain about every single thing that goes wrong. You can't even claim that you've been using the subway as long as I have considering you rarely post about how you take it, because every utterance of the word express bus gets you off. I honestly lost it when ENY shut your thread down during Hurricane Irene, and four seconds later made another post in a different thread boasting of the $11.00 you "lost" complete with that smiley wearing sunglasses...

LOL... Are you serious?? I grew up along the Brighton line in Sheepshead Bay and have been using the subway since my teenage years. I live in a borough with NO subways, so yeah I wouldn't talk about using it every day, but I most certainly do use them in the city and when going to Brooklyn even where there are express buses, so just stop with the "elitist" rhetoric already. I was in Sheepshead Bay last week and used the (:) train to get back to the city so please. Your once in a blue moon trips to the city from the "fancy" LIRR to take joy rides/fanning trips on the subway pale in comparison to the amount of necessity trips I take on the subway. For your information, I don't need to jump on the subway all the time because I actually walk a lot as well, but when necessary I have no problem hopping on the subway because that's how we do things here in NYC. And why in the world are you bringing up a thread that happened months ago??? :confused:

Okay, buddy. Let me get this straight. So you're the only one who thinks the (MTA) New York makes mistakes while we think they make the right decisions? No, we don't think the (MTA) is perfect at all, sure they made some mistakes in the past but we don't moan about it as much as some people do. Just from looking at your responses from other posters you seem to take this a bit too personally over here.

Your ignorance is showing in this thread. (MTA) New York can only do so much to inform riders about service changes and construction projects for example, yet despite their efforts, you continually bash and rant about them not doing enough. I can't believe some of the posts that you make. You're a very demanding type of guy I see. Yes they're not perfect but hey we gotta cut the agency some slack, you know.

Okay, buddy. Let me get this straight. So you're the only one who thinks the (MTA) New York makes mistakes while we think they make the right decisions? No, we don't think the (MTA) is perfect at all, sure they made some mistakes in the past but we don't moan about it as much as some people do. Just from looking at your responses from other posters you seem to take this a bit too personally over here.

Your ignorance is showing in this thread. (MTA) New York can only do so much to inform riders about service changes and construction projects for example, yet despite their efforts, you continually bash and rant about them not doing enough. I can't believe some of the posts that you make. You're a very demanding type of guy I see. Yes they're not perfect but hey we gotta cut the agency some slack, you know.

lol... Ignorant how so??? Very general statements... If you call putting up the correct information "demanding" well then I guess there's a lot of demanding people that ride the system. I think that's a legitmate gripe. Why should passengers have to run back and forth between platforms when they could just post the right information? That's not demanding or bashing. That's just commonsense. You commented about how clueless a lot of the passengers are and that is right, but there are plenty of passengers that do read the signs they put up and along that line they tend to be incorrect when I've used the (1)(2) or (3) trains.

And no, there is nothing for me to take personal. I am just a very opiniated person. Don't get the two confused.

lol... Ignorant how so??? Very general statements... If you call putting up the correct information "demanding" well then I guess there's a lot of demanding people that ride the system. I think that's a legitmate gripe. Why should passengers have to run back and forth between platforms when they could just post the right information? That's not demanding or bashing. That's just commonsense. You commented about how clueless a lot of the passengers are and that is right, but there are plenty of passengers that do read the signs they put up and along that line they tend to be incorrect when I've used the (1)(2) or (3) trains.

And no, there is nothing for me to take personal. I am just a very opiniated person. Don't get the two confused.

Okay dude. I used the wrong word, you got me there. Anyways:

Correct information is priority for (MTA) New York City Transit to put up, especially during general reroutes. I do agree that they mess up like you said. However sometimes, misinformation is posted, or that service reroutes may have last minute changes, now what? They try to change the information by placing last minute posters next to the Planned Service Changes bulletin board stating that that specific construction project/reroute has been either modified or cancelled.

Sometimes it's better to take one step backward to take two steps forward, or in other words, if you end up in a platform with a train going only the opposite direction that you are intending to go toward, you board that rain until you can transfer to a train going in the same direction you are intending to go, then you reach your destination. Sure it takes more time, but hey it helps right?

Okay dude. I used the wrong word, you got me there. Anyways:

Correct information is priority for (MTA) New York City Transit to put up, especially during general reroutes. I do agree that they mess up like you said. However sometimes, misinformation is posted, or that service reroutes may have last minute changes, now what? They try to change the information by placing last minute posters next to the Planned Service Changes bulletin board stating that that specific construction project/reroute has been either modified or cancelled.

Sometimes it's better to take one step backward to take two steps forward, or in other words, if you end up in a platform with a train going only the opposite direction that you are intending to go toward, you board that rain until you can transfer to a train going in the same direction you are intending to go, then you reach your destination. Sure it takes more time, but hey it helps right?

lol... Well I don't caught like that to begin with since I generally take any announcement or detour put up with a grain of salt, so if it says that "X" is stopping at "X" platform at 34th street, I'm checking to see where the train is in the tunnel before it comes in and I position myself near the stairs so that I can haul *** to the other platform if need be. Unfortunately some folks aren't as agile as I am, but yeah, I could live without the drama for sure with the back and forth.

lol... Well I don't caught like that to begin with since I generally take any announcement or detour put up with a grain of salt, so if it says that "X" is stopping at "X" platform at 34th street, I'm checking to see where the train is in the tunnel before it comes in and I position myself near the stairs so that I can haul *** to the other platform if need be. Unfortunately some folks aren't as agile as I am, but yeah, I could live without the drama for sure with the back and forth.

So you don't mind going backtracking for a bit. That's good. That's good strategy right there. Coming to think about it, the 34th Street platform setup isn't really that helpful with a local train being on the express and vice-versa as you brought up earlier.

Oh please BS. I have the same problem and I READ the signs. The problem is the information posted is INCORRECT and it's been going on during the weekends on the 7th Ave line for years since this trackwork, etc. has been going on. Stop making excuses for the (MTA) already. Yes, some passengers do screw up and don't read, but the (MTA) doesn't make things better and certainly doesn't make things better for those who do read the signs, which leaves everybody confused.

Not everybody is smart and informed like you sir he was referring to the people in general not specific individuals like yourself that actually have intelligence

I don't feel no sympathy for the OP at all. Then again I don't feel no sympathy for people who complain about the subway & express bus lol.

Local bus riders? Now that's a different story, the subway is like a limo compared to the local bus, and express buses rarely, if ever get crowded to the point where people start getting flagged.

I agree with the poster who said that there has to be more to the story than that.... in reply to the statement that you was about to "lose it".

I mean why would you lose it over something so minor, its not that big of a deal man, you must be a teenager, wait until you get real world problems, it only gets worst! :cry:

I'm pretty sure they have these email/text message alerts that the (MTA) sends to people's phones (if they even bother to sign up for it), plus twitter and facebook notifications that let people know whats going on, PLUS G.O posters they put up at every station every Wednesday that lets people know whats going on for the weekend, PLUS them countdown clocks that tell people about some G.Os, PLUS the website itself that even gives people directions to get around the G.Os and other travel alternatives

IN this day & age of all this technology, I'm pretty sure the (MTA) covered all their bases here

Just my opinion, carry on...

Why must most posts go from what ever the topic is about to an Express bus joint??

Makes me wonder if Via Garibaldi 8 = Forest Glen

smh.........

And where is the moderators trying to bring it back on topic? As i rarely see at times..........

Why must most posts go from what ever the topic is about to an Express bus joint??

smh.........

And where is the moderators trying to bring it back on topic? As i rarely see at times..........

I'm so sorry if you take such issues with my posts (as if I really give a damn). And no I'm my own person. I don't need to impersonate someone else.

smh.........

Good one mark. VG8 does not equal=Forest Glen. One problem is Forest Glen hated hockey so that can prove to you right there, VG8 is a different person.:cool: Not to mention FG has fallen off all of the chatboards. He not been on Straphangers either in ages. Last time i heard from him when he quit this site he was 'busy' with law school. Now that your FG update.

And yes seriously guys lets return on point to the chat on the Subway GO"s.:eek:

Archived