Fed up with the MTA!

pelhamlocal

My input:

-I think we should keep ALL weekend express buses!

...If the riders are willing to pay the $15 fare it would take to make them close to cost effective

-The OP is complaining about what exactly? I can't exactly figure it out here.

-via is obviously not Forest Glen. FG might complain irrationally and have a bizarre express bus related inferiority complex, but he is not a bigot.

My input:

-I think we should keep ALL weekend express buses!

...If the riders are willing to pay the $15 fare it would take to make them close to cost effective

-The OP is complaining about what exactly? I can't exactly figure it out here.

-via is obviously not Forest Glen. FG might complain irrationally and have a bizarre express bus related inferiority complex, but he is not a bigot.

ART a little secret. VG8 is also mixed race. IMO he not a 'bigot' but a rich man wanna be imo.

Man VG8. I was born in the early 1970's. So yes i do remember some of the 'glory days' of the (MTA) in which you probably would have went insane(no pun intended)of the crap they occured due to lack of GO's.

Lets see. Broken down trains/derailments, trains that rocked and roll(due to unsmooth tracks) graffti filled cars and even seats thus lead to endless delays on trains. I am in no way defending the (MTA) but the alternative is to go back to the late 1970's/early '80s.

Ah, yes, I remember those "glory days" very well, especially in the early 1980s when more than a few times I remember actually seeing track fires as they were happening and seeing smoke in stations and having to then head via an alternate route because of that.

You forget how bad the system got in the early '80s and how much of the work that has been going on ever since has been in large part because of the problems of 30+ years ago!

That is such a cop out and you know it. Anytime something is messed up with the subway system, just compare it to the 70's and 80's when the system was practically on the brink of collapse and that makes it all better. Nice way to excuse ineptness. LOL

Way to totally miss my point thanks...

Good one mark. VG8 does not equal=Forest Glen. One problem is Forest Glen hated hockey so that can prove to you right there, VG8 is a different person.:cool: Not to mention FG has fallen off all of the chatboards. He not been on Straphangers either in ages. Last time i heard from him when he quit this site he was 'busy' with law school. Now that your FG update.

And yes seriously guys lets return on point to the chat on the Subway GO"s.:eek:

Ok but both of them talk and argue all of the time about the Express Bus. Leave that for the bus forum, not in here.......

Forest Glen, idk what happened to him. Must of quit due to problems around here.

you know the drill, they watch all of this happen, and take action until its a bit too late.

I know, but they could do something, rather then not........ ^_^.

I'm so sorry if you take such issues with my posts (as if I really give a damn). And no I'm my own person. I don't need to impersonate someone else.

Good don't give a damn. But if you dont want people complaining, then just stop the argument..

Way to totally miss my point thanks...

lol, agreed!

Ok but both of them talk and argue all of the time about the Express Bus. Leave that for the bus forum, not in here.......

Forest Glen, idk what happened to him. Must of quit due to problems around here.

I know they are looking, but need to do something, then nothing. Harry needs to do something about this, I dont see him on here a lot sadly, but understandably he has a life to deal with, so thats ok..

Good don't give a damn. But if you dont want people complaining, then just stop the argument..

I started the bxm2 comment sorry for getting via 8 started no pun intended

I started the bxm2 comment sorry for getting via 8 started no pun intended

I guess any express buses brought up, it ill activate his alarm in his house and have em come in and join. Then the table turns around.

i get to penn station this after noon, so we head for the Uptown (1), and a (2) Uptown Express, pulls in. So, im like okay, understandable, construction, on the 7th Ave lines on weekends, round clock, blahblahblah. Then i see a flyer on a pillar saying (1) Uptown Locals making all stops to 242nd, on the express track. Still keeping it together.^_^ Just wait it gets better, when we reach the express platform, we(me and my Mom) walk over to the uptown side. Pink tape. Almost about to lose it, so just as we are going to the stairs, a kid says uptown local is arriving...something like that. I'm like:confused:what, but then i see a train of 62's pull in on the downtown side, so i decided to see whats up. so while walking over there, i here the emergency brakes, being applyed(train fully stoped, doors open...you know) and i see the motor man. I tap on the glass and ask is the a uptown local, and he reply yeah...or something. So, i got on almost about to lose it but it was too hot, winter coat on and all, and was too tired, and im pretty sure my mom was at that point too. but all in all, i QUOTE, myself, " The MTA really needs to get its, (S6)(H)(1)(T) together" unquote, or atleast thats what i remember saying. But in all seriousness the TA, needs to get its (S6)(H)(1)(T) together, fo real.:mad:, and so thats my story.

The signs were there, you just didn't read them fully.

MTA personnel involved told you what to do, you're just whining anyway.

Stop whining. You got where you wanted to go, it was just a minor inconvenience. Or would you prefer that your train ran normal from South Ferry to 242nd, only it derailed along the way and killed you and your whole family because track maintenance was too inconvenient for people who'd rather complain, so the MTA just decided not to do it?

Archived