Orion 6's returning to service

B41

There is no point of putting orion Vi in staten Island. first the bottom of the bus to the ground is close so its gonna scratch it. second then Orion Vi will get so much concern that they won't care about the Orion V. Semi-low floor buses are not meant for Staten island. by the way Orion VI might be returning to service because people saw it on Wikipedia.

i talk with someone (MTA Official) that the Orion VI will make it to Staten Island if the Orion V continue to wear their engines. they have plans to might only take part of the Orion VI (the coach seats).

There is no point of putting orion Vi in staten Island. first the bottom of the bus to the ground is close so its gonna scratch it. second then Orion Vi will get so much concern that they won't care about the Orion V. Semi-low floor buses are not meant for Staten island. by the way Orion VI might be returning to service because people saw it on Wikipedia.

i talk with someone (MTA Official) that the Orion VI will make it to Staten Island if the Orion V continue to wear their engines. they have plans to might only take part of the Orion VI (the coach seats).

It's actually a "full low floor". As of today, 7 of them are in the ENY yard, and I assume the other two are inside the maintenance area. I also saw a few more 8000's that were not previously there.

nice pic!!

Btw how do you know they won't be overhauled for quite some time?

Thanks. Because only one of them is in the depot, and the others have not moved since they arrived.

Ummmm... the date on that photo says 8 August 2006...

It was actually taken June 25th. I forgot to set the date.

off top a little i also saw 9676 next to #6354 wonder why she not scrap down yet might be trying to save her.:cool:

You mean 9656... and yeah hopefully they can save it. It has a great engine. Other than that, the bus is just about done. It would need major work. But I'm begining to think that number is bad luck. The first 9656 ('98 Nova) was totaled the same way. Then it was replaced in the '99 batch, and now look.

You mean 9656... and yeah hopefully they can save it. It has a great engine. Other than that, the bus is just about done. It would need major work. But I'm begining to think that number is bad luck. The first 9656 ('98 Nova) was totaled the same way. Then it was replaced in the '99 batch, and now look.

what ever happened to the second one (9656)?

did anybody get hurt

and second the Orion 6 is getting overhauled according to wikipedia

The driver was taken to the Hospital, and I think a couple passengers were too. Yes they are supposed to be returning to service upon compleation of the overhauls by ENY & Orion.

Archived