59th Street Bridge Upper/Lower Level?

Gorgor

I'm just curious which level on the 59th Street Bridge each bus uses? I know that some use the upper and some use the lower, but which route uses which level?

Local: Q32, Q60, Q101

Express: (outbound only) QM1, QM2, QM3, QM4, QM5, QM6, QM10, QM12, QM15, QM16, QM17, QM18, QM20, QM21, QM24, X63, X64, X68

All of them, I believe, use the Upper Level, and once reaching Queens, the QM2, QM20, QM3 split off from the rest and turn onto Northern Blvd, while the QM10, QM12, QM15, QM16, QM17, QM18, QM21, and QM24 go down Van Dam St to reach the L.IE. Only the QM1, QM4, QM5, QM6, X63, X64, and X68 stay on Queens Blvd. All the downtown bound express buses (QM7, QM8, QM11, QM25) use the Queens-Midtown Tunnel and the L.I.E. only, respectively.

Occasionally, with a lot of traffic or whatnot, the QM1/5/6 will use the lower level at the B/O's discretion. Usually that is probably done without permission, like using Park Drive East instead of Queens Blvd. to go to the city, but once the dispatcher told my B/O to take the lower level due to some movie shoot or something going over the top level.

Archived