Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Strain

LIRR Track Map

The really nice Rich E. Green maps have been taken down-he apparently sold them to his employer. But Internet Archive still has some.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090603072937/http://www.richegreen.com/LIRRTrackMapV3.pdf

Why would he shut it down for selling it to his employees?

BTW any links to the NJT/SEPTA & MNCRR? For 2008. The others seem dead.

Why would he shut it down for selling it to his employees?

BTW any links to the NJT/SEPTA & MNCRR? For 2008. The others seem dead.

Not employees... employers. In either event, if he did indeed sell them it means he no longer has rights to them and can not use them.

I happen to have LIRRv3, MNRRv6 and NJSEPTAv5. He also did a draft for the Washington D.C. area. Here's the link: http://www.richegreen.com/NEC-MD.pdf

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but he might have done a partial one for MBTA.

Yes, but that was never publicly released.

I have all the maps saved. He also did complete RI and CT ones.

Gojimet86, would it be possible for you to upload your copies somehow? I lost mine in a hard drive crash.

AFAIK Rich's maps are the only detailed track diagrams available for LIRR/MNRR. Sad to see them vanish.

Gojimet86, would it be possible for you to upload your copies somehow? I lost mine in a hard drive crash.

AFAIK Rich's maps are the only detailed track diagrams available for LIRR/MNRR. Sad to see them vanish.

We can't upload them anywhere due to copyright-a blog that uploaded them received a take down request.

Creates a big void, then, for the map geeks among us.

Was he forced to sell to his employer, or did he simply decide he could make more money that way, or...?

We can't upload them anywhere due to copyright-a blog that uploaded them received a take down request.

you can still just email it to people and not post it anywhere publically.

• Upvote 1

you can still just email it to people and not post it anywhere publically.

True.

Where can i get some LIRR Track Maps?

Contact Carl Loucks

chloucks@comcast.net

He has an undated track diagram of the entire railroad including yards. 46 pages.

I bought the map at the Gaithersburg, MD railroad show years ago. It's very helpful.:P

Yes, but that was never publicly released.

I have all the maps saved. He also did complete RI and CT ones.

would it be possible for you to email all of his maps to me?

The really nice Rich E. Green maps have been taken down-he apparently sold them to his employer. But Internet Archive still has some.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090603072937/http://www.richegreen.com/LIRRTrackMapV3.pdf

A shame, they were fun to explore and one bored afternoon last year I tried to start making a LIRR route for Railworks but I must admit I still have a bit (quite a bit) to learn and the overall process though fun seems hugely time consuming. Also using an English class DMU in place of of an M3/M7 would be a bit immersion-breaking, haha.

A shame, they were fun to explore and one bored afternoon last year I tried to start making a LIRR route for Railworks but I must admit I still have a bit (quite a bit) to learn and the overall process though fun seems hugely time consuming. Also using an English class DMU in place of of an M3/M7 would be a bit immersion-breaking, haha.

or to replace the dm30s

True.

please email the maps to me.

would it be possible for you to email all of his maps to me?

And you expect to get 'em? Dude, it's your first post, it's not nice to register and ask for such a thing in your first post.

And you expect to get 'em? Dude, it's your first post, it's not nice to register and ask for such a thing in your first post.

It's a possibility.... I don't really think that's "rude"..

I'm hoping that worked out well for whoever did this before... but I'm also interested in these maps and have been searching everywhere for them. My email is quadcorder at the webmail service run by Google. I have a few of the maps that I could still find links to, but don't have LIRR in 2009, RI/CT, or MD. I can provide a hosting service for someone to give them to me privately if they contact me.