Unique Perspective of the Brighton Line

Jamaica Line

Decided to hit one of the blocks that dead ends at the Brighton's ROW. Got some nice videos in return.

First a Manhattan bound (:( hauls ass as it takes the steep downgrade followed by a (Q).

VID00005 - YouTube

Then a Stillwell Ave bound (Q) struggles to keep a decent acceleration up the slope.

VID00002 - YouTube

Love seeing trains at grade. I'll definitely hit this spot up again.

BTW, my youtube channel is not a serious channel.

Agreed. The train does have to slow down, there's a station at the top of that hill (Ave H).

An R68 going up that same hill stopping at Avenue H would remind you of a M34 bus during rush hour.*

*A bit sarcastic, but you get the idea.

I don't know about you but like @Dan05979 said as well, those 160's don't have problems going up that hill. Should just see them when the (Q)'s went express for the time of the rehabs being done.

I know the 160s don't have a significant problem climbing a hill. But of course, it's only a train and gravity will take its toll. So it won't accelerate at the exact same rate as it would on normal grade. That's how I came up with the catchy description.

I've seen the 160s bypass Av H during the rehab (N/b and S/:(. I used to get off at that stop just to watch a few trains pass through.

Agreed. The train does have to slow down, there's a station at the top of that hill (Ave H).

An R68 going up that same hill stopping at Avenue H would remind you of a M34 bus during rush hour.*

*A bit sarcastic, but you get the idea.

Yea I know, Av H has been one of my favorite stations for a while now. lol

They looks like railroad videos. ;)

Yea, I'm not used to seeing trains from my level (did once before but that's a whole 'nother story :)). Glad you enjoyed it.

Very nice video, at grade complete with the high security "wrought iron fence". Great to see they have survived since I was there. Thanks Jamaica Line for them!:cool:

wow. I really do appreciate it. Nothin' like replaying some old memories for you guys. Thanks! :cool:

Archived