What will be cut and what will move on

Harry

Below is another early report and breakdown of what the MTA is cutting and what will still be going forward. Most of it is for the subway.

What is getting cut:

• Car quality control
  • Car cleaning
  • Administrative reductions
  • 19 subway station rehabs
  • Scheduled painting of above-ground structures
  • Repairs to tunnel ventilation
  • Cancel pilot programs that would use GPS to track bus arrivals

What is will proceed:

• Additional cars or hours for the (1)(3)(4)(7) and the (S) 42nd Street shuttle and the (:D(M)(W) lines
  • Flood control in subways
  • Increase of paratransit service
  • Rehab of elevated (F) train structure in Brooklyn
  • Buying new cars for the "letter" lines
  • Replacing some articulated "accordion" buses

Below is another early report and breakdown of what the MTA is cutting and what will still be going forward. Most of it is for the subway.

What is getting cut:

• Car quality control

• Car cleaning

• Administrative reductions

• 19 subway station rehabs

• Scheduled painting of above-ground structures

• Repairs to tunnel ventilation

• Cancel pilot programs that would use GPS to track bus arrivals

What is will proceed:

• Additional cars or hours for the (1)(3)(4)(7) and the (S) 42nd Street shuttle and the (:D(M)(W) lines

• Flood control in subways

• Increase of paratransit service

• Rehab of elevated (F) train structure in Brooklyn

• Buying new cars for the "letter" lines

• Replacing some articulated "accordion" buses

Well thats nice of them to cut car cleaning....so I have to sit on a train with newspapers scattered all over the place, walking on sticky spilled coffee and soda, gum or trash stuck on the seats....ohhh this is so wonderful. Most of the stations need rehabs ie: 7th Avenue in Mid-town and 21st Street-Van Alst they look real nasty. Replacing the accordion style buses will do what now, so they can replace them pieces of crap called Hybrids. The (3) do need more later service hopefully the (4) can still run expresss in Bklyn. The (M) also needs a later service to/from Bay Parkway and extend it back to 9th Avenue. Thanks (MTA) your going such a wonderful job on being real fools.

And I wonder how long that is going to take and what bus lines will get them. The Q4, Q5, Q85 need them during the AM and PM rush

Its going to be a while for new artics. Nothing is currently on order, and the artic Orion is developing isn't available til 2010 IIRC.

Its going to be a while for new artics. Nothing is currently on order, and the artic Orion is developing isn't available til 2010 IIRC.

LMAO....wow. This is going to be a long 1.5 years for transportation. So I guess the Centro Artic that was running around the M101 was just a test and thats it huh

LMAO....wow. This is going to be a long 1.5 years for transportation. So I guess the Centro Artic that was running around the M101 was just a test and thats it huh

Its called the Citaro G. And yes, it was jsut a bus to test out here in the states.

What is getting cut:

[*]Car cleaning

I don't care. I'll pick up the trash in the car myself. I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty (of course I wouldn't pick up anything wet) nor am I germophobic. If more people wee like this then our system would be much cleaner.

I don't care. I'll pick up the trash in the car myself. I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty (of course I wouldn't pick up anything wet) nor am I germophobic. If more people wee like this then our system would be much cleaner.

The article from AMNY saids that MTA will not going to cut car cleaning but, the MTA will bring in a new more "efficient" way to clean subway cars.

http://www.amny.com/news/local/transportation/am-mta0623,0,4649893.story

I can't wait for the (M) extension to Broad Street and more new cars.

If they weren't so busy giving them selves raises every time you turn your head our system would be fine and of course they need some where to get the money from and of course that would have to come at the expense of the riding public SMH at these money hungry WHORES

and if these politicians with the exception of Andrew Cuomo who's actually doing something right were actually doing their jobs this cooking the book scheme wouldn't be going on

Not sure why they cut "administrative reductions" that could help with the budget...

Good to hear they're going ahead with the improvements for the next pick though and with flood control and (F) rehab (much needed). Tunnel ventilation and paint jobs can wait but platform rehabs (particularly in Brooklyn) is much needed...that should be one of the first things in the 09 budget...

If they weren't so busy giving them selves raises every time you turn your head our system would be fine and of course they need some where to get the money from and of course that would have to come at the expense of the riding public SMH at these money hungry WHORES

and if these politicians with the exception of Andrew Cuomo who's actually doing something right were actually doing their jobs this cooking the book scheme wouldn't be going on

Couldn't agree with you more

We can only do so much at the City level. CM John Liu has scared the MTA away from Council hearings for the most part. Now with Congestion Pricing gone, we have to find other ways.

Anyways, I think the MTA Admin and Board jobs should be unpaid and be a "service" or philanthropic activity. However, the Admins need to be accountable, too.

They are still rehabing the (N) train station along the Sea Beach line because the cement and the walls are deteriating and about to collapse. so they are stopping the rehab on the (D), 59th street, and some in the bronx.

I heard they're doing the West End rebabs first and then the Sea Beach ones later on in 2009/2010--at least that's what I read in the budget forecasts.

I guess the Culver viaduct will continue getting repaired but what about the 4th avenue station? There were reports that it might be scrapped. Is it still going to happen?

Nope. Even with the Culver Viaduct project is in progress, the 4th Avenue station should be accessed by trains anyway with the switches before the station.

I know the station is suppose to see work being done on it though.

Nope. Even with the Culver Viaduct project is in progress, the 4th Avenue station should be accessed by trains anyway with the switches before the station.

I know the station is suppose to see work being done on it though.

Yes I meant the station rehab project. B)

Archived