Anyone Took The Assistant Stockworker Exam?

stanfd02

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I just spoke to a Mta member and he said that exam 1305 expires on January 2015 and that only 2 people have been hired. Wtf is this!!! If anyone wants to find out info on this exam call 347 643 8223. He's in charge of all exams and that's his direct number.

The only way we can get this list moving is if all humans that are in this list step up to the plate and find out what's going on. Or is it that no one gives a f**k about this exam? I'm really frustrated with these ppl!!!

• 2 weeks later...

ive been waiting since 2011. I have other options but this is the one that I wanted. I still have a chance

Romeo I'm sorry to burst your by bubble but you won't be called by the time the list expires. I suggest you take other exams or just move to a regular job. Seems like you have been waiting on this job for way too long.

First of all I have other options. This is not the only exam im on. I was hoping they call me since I have a low list number but I guess I was wrong. I still have hope. I don't see how mta can give an exam and only hire less then 10 ppl in four years on that exam. If that happens I will be writing letters to the president of the mta. I don't think its fair.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see that a promotion stock worker exam is opening up in may 2014. Does that mean people from exam 1305 assistant stock worker will start getting hired?

That promotional exam in May 2014 is for ONLY MaBSTOA employees that qualify.. However the exam in June 2014 is for anyone.. Starting pay should be $29.62 per hour(still no contract) and $31.xx after 36 months of service, similar/same as tier2.. Please note a CDL Permit will be needed upon being hired.. Few weeks down the line they will send u for a week to the Zerega depot for CDL training in a Orion 7 New Gen bus and pay u $29.62 per hour.

Edited by MtaBusQns

• 2 weeks later...

I think i will take the test for Stock Worker too. The pay is like 10.00 more from Assistant Stock Worker.

I believe the top pay difference is about $4 dollars. Assistant top is close to $29 hourly.They still haven't called you brooklyn? This exam hasn't moved in over a year. Im keeping my fingers that we get called this year or early 2015..I believe the text should expire until 2016 since the list was established in 2012.

I believe the top pay difference is about $4 dollars. Assistant top is close to $29 hourly.They still haven't called you brooklyn? This exam hasn't moved in over a year. Im keeping my fingers that we get called this year or early 2015..I believe the text should expire until 2016 since the list was established in 2012.

I might of missed something but i thought assistant starts off at 19 and stock worker starts off at 29.

MTA Bus, NYCTA and MaBSTOA are all COMPLETELY DIFFERENT worlds..

MTA Bus starts Assistants with $19.67 then in 12 months u jump to $22.48 and so forth.. After 36 months u max out at $28.xx.. However if your lucky enough to be promoted(if a stockworker retires) to a full blown stockworker(tier2 in the TA world), u will start off with $29.62 and after 36months u will be at $31.xx(50 cents shy of a maintainers rate)..

Bkbound you've got ah very good chance of being hired.. Romeo keep applying bro.. MaBSTOA coming in June.. But paying tolls suck :(

• 4 weeks later...

Any paperwork you do to get employed. Driving history, work history, education, where you lived. Yo if you lived out of state in the last few years make sure you get a abstract driving record. I had to do a second trip today because of that. There's mad conductors and bus drivers here again.

Edited by brooklynbound718