App That Would Guide Users Away From High-Crime Areas Proves Controversial

checkmatechamp13

Key word: May be willing to commit crimes.

As for West Brighton, well I can't find anything about them, but the Markham Gardens Houses across the street (which used to be a bunch of apartment buildings instead of townhouses) was originally built for defense workers. The same applied in other cities as well (though they weren't necessarily housing projects. They were often cookie-cutter homes that were built to house industrial workers)http://www.nyc.gov/h...am_return.shtml

"Completed during World War II in 1943, Markham Gardens was built to serve as temporary housing for workers employed under defense contracts at nearby shipyards."

And how do you know if they're illegal if you don't ask for their Green Card or anything? How do you know they didn't come to the U.S legally, but they have very few skills and are forced to do manual labor?

Ugh ugh... Just stop already okay. I've lived in various places in my 30 years and I've seen things that most people haven't. The guy was illegal. My friend Diego was with me who is Venezuelan and I'm not sure what the guy thought but he asked me instead of my friend Diego. Hell even my friend knew he was an illegal.

I still think back to the time I was up in Montréal with some friends and I was one of the "Americans" in the group. My friend Joseph is German & Colombian and his friend is Brazilian and then another chick was with us who was American, so we're all walking Downtown to meet up with a few other folks and out of nowhere this woman with an accent asks if I was American and I say yes I am and she immediately says "Take my baby.... Please..." Me being mixed and all I'm sure she assumed I was loaded so she asked me to take her baby... I just backed off like WTH... Really weird... <_<

Well in any case, people looking for work just seem to be concentrated along that stretch between say, Willowbrook Road and Richmond Avenue, so I'm surprised that one came over to you by the U-Haul place.

So am I to be honest. They're usually concentrated where you said they are, but there were actually a few of them over there. Not a bad strategy if you think about it, but quite frankly if I really needed help, I would've just hired a moving service. The heaviest thing I had to lift was a 32" flat screen tv which weighs only 15 lbs if that, so my buddy Diego and I got everything into the U-Haul in 15 minutes. B)

Archived