Blogger's Plan to Send L to United Nations

MTR Admiralty

This is actually similar to an idea I had, of joining the (L) with the (7). It would be done in conjunction with replacing the Steinway tubes. The (L) would then pick up the line to Grand Central, while the (Q) or (W) would pick up Flushing, and a shuttle between QBP and Vernon. When the tunnel was finished, it would become an (L) from Flushing to Canarsie (perhaps merge the colors and use that pink L someone had as an avatar here awhile ago).

If they ever do decide to replace the tunnel, they should consider this.

This is actually similar to an idea I had, of joining the (L) with the (7). It would be done in conjunction with replacing the Steinway tubes. The (L) would then pick up the line to Grand Central, while the (Q) or (W) would pick up Flushing, and a shuttle between QBP and Vernon. When the tunnel was finished, it would become an (L) from Flushing to Canarsie (perhaps merge the colors and use that pink L someone had as an avatar here awhile ago).

I think if the Flushing Line ever becomes fully B division compatible the (L) should just run from Flushing-Main Street to Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway since it would be compatible there is no need for other subway routes to jam the line. Maybe you can have your (W) join the new B division Flushing Line and have it run peak directional express to replace the <7>

As long as this super route runs 10 car trains, then I like that idea. Anything that has replacing the Steinway tunnels for newer wider ones is a good idea.

I think if the Flushing Line ever becomes fully B division compatible the (L) should just run from Flushing-Main Street to Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway since it would be compatible there is no need for other subway routes to jam the line. Maybe you can have your (W) join the new B division Flushing Line and have it run peak directional express to replace the <7>
The (W) I mentioned was only the temporary phase for when the tunnel is closed and the line is severed.

You could keep it in as the express afterward, but my assumption was a diamond (L) from Flushing to Myrtle (which merges it with the current extra service from 8th Ave to Myrtle).

Guest MTA Bus

Extending the (L) to the UN would be stupid. If they extend the (L) anywhere, it should be extended to 34th St - 11th Av. If that were to happen, people have a conncetion to the (7) so people can connect to the Port Authority Bus Terminal. The rest of the lines the (7) meet with, the (L) meets with as well. If people want to go to the UN from the (L), just get off at 1st Av and take the M15.

Extending the (L) to the UN would be stupid. If they extend the (L) anywhere, it should be extended to 34th St - 11th Av. If that were to happen, people have a conncetion to the (7) so people can connect to the Port Authority Bus Terminal. The rest of the lines the (7) meet with, the (L) meets with as well. If people want to go to the UN from the (L), just get off at 1st Av and take the M15.

My plan would have the (L) and (7) meet at 41st Street-10th Avenue with that (7) station getting built with exits at 9th Avenue (for the PABT) as well as 10th, plus possibly a full mezzanine running above the 9th-10th Avenue (7) station so (L) riders can access the PABT without going to the (7) platform (rest of the stops in this are in an earlier post above).

The blog NY by dZine featured a post for a Crosstown L train:

The blogger intended to extend the L train to 23rd Street and 11th Avenue, via new tunnelling, and proposed to link that to the new station by Hudson Yards, in an original plan.

Now he wants to send the L, via 34th Street, 5th Avenue and 41st Street to United Nations. What are your thoughts?

tumblr_lv8gv6X2ps1r3aqywo1_r3_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1327186119&Signature=k4ZFN3wB6ZO%2FAETgvCg35djSWBM%3D

Original post

And you ppl say my plans are dumb this is just WRONG!!!!!! What about another crosstown line that is under the BQE or near it If a bus won't work what about a train to the bronx mimicking I-278

My plan would have the (L) and (7) meet at 41st Street-10th Avenue with that (7) station getting built with exits at 9th Avenue (for the PABT) as well as 10th, plus possibly a full mezzanine running above the 9th-10th Avenue (7) station so (L) riders can access the PABT without going to the (7) platform (rest of the stops in this are in an earlier post above).

This makes sense. It's actually a better idea than having the (7) and (L) meet halfway.

If people are using the subway to access the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 41 Street–42 Street and 8–9 Avenue, transferring to the (A), (C), or (E) from the (L) is currently the fastest way to get there. To be any faster, the (L) would have to go directly there which would be an alignment along 9 or 10 Avenue. Having the (L) go further west to meet the (7) means riders still have to transfer and take a circuitous route back east to Times Square (if the 10 Avenue station isn't there).

Archived