Right now, which R160A/B service is the best?

MattTrain

Which current and former service has the best use of the R160 cars  

1. 1. Which current and former service has the best use of the R160 cars

• (A)
    • (J)
    • (L)
    • (M)
    • (N)
    • (W)
    • (Z)

I vote for none. The service on the (N) has stayed the same since it had R32s R40S/Ms R42s and R68/As on the line. Not to mention those cars are BETTER than the 160s. Same goes for the (L) i haven't noticed any diffence in service since those few 160s came into service. Well actully it seems like service has gotten WORST since those cars came into service. They're simply annoying the HAVC and populsion sounds give me an headache. Oh god im getting an headache just thinking about them my head hurts!!! B)

They're pretty good on the (N) now since thats where we really only see the R160Bs, with the exception of the (W) but it only sees few sets.

I would've said the (M) for the next one, I chose the (A) because those R160A/Bs were damn good on the line. Problem was the power problems it had out in Queens, but without that, the R160s were good on the rest of the line.

R160s haven't seen real service on the (J) yet but its not long til they do.

R-160B is best so far on the (N)....can't wait for it to be on the (Q) full time

I was hoping for them to go on the (Q) before they went to the (W). The (W) using the R160 has made it the most improved line in the subway system.

I vote for none. The service on the (N) has stayed the same since it had R32s R40S/Ms R42s and R68/As on the line. Not to mention those cars are BETTER than the 160s. Same goes for the (L) i haven't noticed any diffence in service since those few 160s came into service. Well actully it seems like service has gotten WORST since those cars came into service. They're simply annoying the HAVC and populsion sounds give me an headache. Oh god im getting an headache just thinking about them my head hurts!!! :D

If you are talking about the Alstom Onix propulsions I agree. Same with the Siemens propulsion. I've ridden those lots of times. I liked the R32s on the (N). I don't think the (N) will be fully R160 cars, until all the option order cars are in place (8973-9232) The (L) needed brighter cars and to help increase frequency to sustain passenger growth this year, because the R143 cars weren't enough. The R160 cars can become annoying if you ride them a lot, like everyday.

They're pretty good on the (N) now since thats where we really only see the R160Bs, with the exception of the (W) but it only sees few sets.

I would've said the (M) for the next one, I chose the (A) because those R160A/Bs were damn good on the line. Problem was the power problems it had out in Queens, but without that, the R160s were good on the rest of the line.

R160s haven't seen real service on the (J) yet but its not long til they do.

Well the (J) until now hasn't used the R160A cars for full time service. The (M) is the best using the R160A's and the (A) should be using the R160 cars instead of the R42's. :)

They're simply annoying the HAVC and populsion sounds give me an headache. Oh god im getting an headache just thinking about them my head hurts!!! :D

LOL,i guess all your good for is whining,moaning,bicthing and complaning.

that's all you do in terms of the NTT.

I say the (A)

I am tempted to say that, unfortunately the (A) is the only train where I didn't ride an R160A or R160B, so the (A) can't be judged by me.

they are pretty good on the (N). Imagine if you saw an R160 on the (R) line. How would you feel?

R160B on the (R), oh yeah, the (R) will have cleaner and more modern cars. That's a great idea!

(N) all the way.

It seems like the delays have minimized since the introductions of the R160s former worst line! For most of my rides, the (N) arrived within the 2-3 minutes variance. I agree I miss the diversity on the line, but it's a good change.

Everyone like the R160 cars on the (N) but what about the (Z)? The (Z) used them full time at one point last year and didn't have a single breakdown nor malfunction. I guess almost nobody lives near Jamaica, Cypress Hills nor Willamsburg.

Everyone like the R160 cars on the (N) but what about the (Z)? The (Z) used them full time at one point last year and didn't have a single breakdown nor malfunction. I guess almost nobody lives near Jamaica, Cypress Hills nor Willamsburg.

I did ride them one time on the z towards Jamaica early in the morning.

What is this (Z) train you speak of? B)

I'm talking about the (Z) which is skip-stop partner of the (J). It used R160A's full time a few months ago.

LOL I was kidding. The fact that there's only twelve (Z) trains a day doesn't really make it sound like it has a purpose and/or exists.

Probably not that many people here got to the R160 (Z) trains.

I would have to say the (N) as well, although I can't wait till they hit the (A) and (J). I never caught one on the (Z) because it skips my stop.

The R160A will run on the (J) and (Z) by the end of the year, I really don't know when the (A) will use the R160 cars again, I saw it on the (A) a few times but I missed it everytime. I tried boarding the R160 train on the (A) at West 4th Street, Hoyt Street, and Columbus Circle and missed it, the doors closed when I reached the platform. I think the (A) deserves the R160A/B cars instead of those R42s

The R160A will run on the (J) and (Z) by the end of the year, I really don't know when the (A) will use the R160 cars again, I saw it on the (A) a few times but I missed it everytime. I tried boarding the R160 train on the (A) at West 4th Street, Hoyt Street, and Columbus Circle and missed it, the doors closed when I reached the platform. I think the (A) deserves the R160A/B cars instead of those R42s

The (A) will NEVER use R160s again never. The stupid trains can't run in the rocaways and have clearnece issues at 207th station. The (A) and (C) lines will get the R46s and eventully the R179s.

The (A) will NEVER use R160s again never. The stupid trains can't run in the rocaways and have clearnece issues at 207th station. The (A) and (C) lines will get the R46s and eventully the R179s.

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Thats not fair! So how will they work out clearance issues on the R179? Isn't it just a 75ft R160?

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Thats not fair! So how will they work out clearance issues on the R179? Isn't it just a 75ft R160?

I don't know i wonder how the TA is gonna fix power problems with NTT out in the rocaways. The R110B had problems running out there also. Their computer system shut off when they run out there. And the funny thing is the 75ft R44 doesn't have any clearance issues at 207th st! I guess that they would have to modifly the R179's desgn to so it run into 207th st without any problems.

I don't know i wonder how the TA is gonna fix power problems with NTT out in the rocaways. The R110B had problems running out there also. Their computer system shut off when they run out there. And the funny thing is the 75ft R44 doesn't have any clearance issues at 207th st! I guess that they would have to modifly the R179's desgn to so it run into 207th st without any problems.

I'm guessing it might have something to do with the regenerative braking and that Nassau County controls the power system for the Rockaways.

Archived