List of BMT/IND line improvements

B41

The list below is service changes that I think should be made:

(A)- no more rush hour service to rockaway park

(B)- weekday sevice between brighton beach and beford pk blvd, weekend service between 145st and brighton beach

(C)- shorter wait times

(D)- cleaner trains

(E)- cleaner trains

(F)- cleaner trains and shorter wait times

(G)- service between church av and 71 Av all times

(J)/(Z) -(Z)runs all day(peak direction)

(L)- no improvements needed

(M)- weekend and late night service extended from myrtle av to chambers st

(N)- runs express in manhattan on weekends

(Q)- cleaner trains

(R)- shorter wait times during rush hours

(S)- 42 st shuttle runs all night

(W)-added weekend service

Feel free to add any comments. I hope you enjoy!B)

Here's my comments:

(A): I don't see what's wrong with it, Rockaway Park riders have the least service in the entire system, they should have a direct route during rush hours.

(B): Brighton Beach service is probably not warranted as an express during the weekends, how about to Prospect Park?

(C): Sure

(D): Once the R40s are gone, Concourse can focus on getting those R68s back to normal.

(E): Sure, but Jamaica has to get its act together, and it has too many cars to do that now.

(F): In order to have short wait times, this route has to be shortened; there are too many problem spots. I'm not sure if that can happen so soon, but maybe.

(G): Not during the (V)'s hours. Let the (V) do what it does best (take QB Local riders to 6th Av), then let the (G) take over, but definitely to Church Av.

(J)/(Z): I'm not sure about skip-stop all day, maybe some extended hours during rush hour.

(M): Sounds good, not sure if late night service will see that happen though.

(N): Only if the (W) returns.

(R): See (F) comment.

(S): Would be logical, but might not see this happen either.

(W): Only to help out the Broadway Local if the (N) goes back to an express.

But, wait, if the (W) returns, the (N)'s headways will be shortened, because Ditmars Blvd can't handle 8 minutes on both lines. And, Coney Island needs the (N) to be frequent, especially during the summer. I'd actually say leave it as it is now.

thanks. i just want people to see how our subway system could improve and i thought if we had better lines. The (G) has long wait times. That's why I suggested it runs to 71 Av so passengers dont only have to wait for the (R) and besides, the (V) only runs on weekdays.

(A) Cutting Rock Pk service is a service cut that removes 5 trains off the (A) Line during Rush Hours. I believe they should run (A) service on a Regular to Rock Pk and Far Rockaway ans eliminate the Rock Pk (S).

(C) Service then be extended to Lefferts Blvd to replace (A) service. The (C) would then maintain a 10 Minute headway then between 10:30PM to 6 AM (S) service will operate between Lefferts and Euclid Ave.

(B) Service wkday I see no reason to change it. Also I see no need for Wkend service.

(D) I would make Wkend changed operate train Local between 145 St to 59 St and stop at Dekalb Ave to connect with the (Q).

(F) No changes needed

(J)(Z) No Improvement needed

(M) I agree on wkends but not late nights.

(N) No improvement needed and (W) service isn't need on Wkends

Why discontinue direct (A) train to Rock Park? People use that service and I feel its a good idea that the service is there at least for the rush hour. Its only a few trains anyway.

The (F) have short wait times as it is. Wait times are pretty damn good on the (F) line. Problem with the line is as another poster said, there are alot of problematic spots and also theres always train traffic jamming up the (F).

The (Z) shouldn't run all day IMO.

Everything else I can agree with.

If you want to shorten the (R), maybe you could send it up Nassau Street to Chambers Street like it was originally.
That doesn't do much because then they'll be no service to Queens Blvd from Broadway in Manhattan.

(A) Cutting Rock Pk service is a service cut that removes 5 trains off the (A) Line during Rush Hours. I believe they should run (A) service on a Regular to Rock Pk and Far Rockaway ans eliminate the Rock Pk (S).

(C) Service then be extended to Lefferts Blvd to replace (A) service. The (C) would then maintain a 10 Minute headway then between 10:30PM to 6 AM (S) service will operate between Lefferts and Euclid Ave.

Yup I been saying that for a while (not that anyone is listening B) )...(C) to Lefferts and (A) to Far Rock and Rock Park.

Late Nights the (C) is a shuttle Euclid to Lefferts and the (A) continues regular runs to both Far Rock and Rock Park (scraping the wall all the way from 207 of course since no (C)).

(B) Service wkday I see no reason to change it. Also I see no need for Wkend service.

(D) I would make Wkend changed operate train Local between 145 St to 59 St and stop at Dekalb Ave to connect with the (Q).

(F) No changes needed

(J)(Z) No Improvement needed

(M) I agree on wkends but not late nights.

(N) No improvement needed and (W) service isn't need on Wkends

Um Dave two things...

STOP MAKING SENSE....

Also dont mess with my (D)elta...:cool::cool:

Then again hopefully in a months time i will be on the (J) if everything works out..

(B)- weekday sevice between brighton beach and beford pk blvd, weekend service between 145st and brighton beach

(C)- shorter wait times

(D)- cleaner trains

(E)- cleaner trains

(G)- service between church av and 71 Av all times

(L)- no improvements needed

(M)- weekend and late night service extended from myrtle av to chambers st

(N)- runs express in manhattan on weekends

(Q)- cleaner trains

(R)- shorter wait times during rush hours

(S)- 42 st shuttle runs all night

(W)-added weekend service

Feel free to add any comments. I hope you enjoy!B)

IMO the (A) do need to go to Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street...sometimes the (S) takes a while to come. I agree the (N) do need to run express via Broadway weekends....there is no reason why the (N) need to run local on weekends when theres the (R) doing the same thing.

I want the (D) to be local on the Weekends between 145th Street and W4th Street

I disagree with making it a 6th Av Local, but because there is no (:( on the weekends, we can make it a CPW Local. The (F) is good for 14th & 23rd St.

I disagree with making it a 6th Av Local, but because there is no (:( on the weekends, we can make it a CPW Local. The (F) is good for 14th & 23rd St.

Yup crossing the (D)elta local just to make 14th and 23rd ain't worth it...

CPW that's another story one local not enough on weekends...

I want the (D) to be local on the Weekends between 145th Street and W4th Street

Not going to happen....You got the (C) running local b/w 59th Street-Columbus Circle and 145th Street and the (A) late nights. The (D) will remain express via CPW and 6th Avenue...it don't need to run local behind the (F)

Not going to happen....You got the (C) running local b/w 59th Street-Columbus Circle and 145th Street and the (A) late nights. The (D) will remain express via CPW and 6th Avenue...it don't need to run local behind the (F)

But on CPW one local isn't enough on weeknds...it makes sense to keep one 8th ave service local (C) run one express and run that (D)elta local to help with the load along the wall

But on CPW one local isn't enough on weeknds...it makes sense to keep one 8th ave service local (C) run one express and run that (D)elta local to help with the load along the wall

Well the (MTA) needs to bring back to the (B) on weekends....the (D) don't need helping the (C) on the weekends....the (D) shall remain express via CPW. Also it goes by a schedule and you know weekends usually have the worse schedules.

Well the (MTA) needs to bring back to the (B) on weekends....the (D) don't need helping the (C) on the weekends....the (D) shall remain express via CPW. Also it goes by a schedule and you know weekends usually have the worse schedules.

The only way that would work is if the (:) terminated at 2nd ave, because the Brighton does not need extra weekend service. And that would involve crossing the (B)ravo off 3tk and onto 1tk somewhere along 6th ave so new signage as well...

Also that means more trains, and obviously all this = more money. (D)elta via local on CPW would be a more cost efficient way of getting it done.

The only way that would work is if the (B) terminated at 2nd ave, because the Brighton does not need extra weekend service. And that would involve crossing the (B)ravo off 3tk and onto 1tk somewhere along 6th ave so new signage as well...

Also that means more trains, and obviously all this = more money. (D)elta via local on CPW would be a more cost efficient way of getting it done.

It'll screw Bronx (D) riders over. The train service sucks on the Weekends as is so making it local would just make it worse. I don't see why the (:) can't run down Brighton on weekends. During rush hours the (D) needs longer express service at least till 8 pm.

IMO the (E) needs some new cars and we need the (V) running local on weekends. The (R) alone can't handle QB because service is too erratic. Now if they want to make the (R) express in Man or Bk and add more service then the (V) won't be needed.

(A) - Lose the Lefferts Avenue Destination. Too confusing for tourists looking for JFK, Simplifies operations. Have both A Trains terminate in the Rockaways, Far Rockaway, & Beach 116. Eliminate the Rockaway Park (S). Extend the (C) to take the (A)'s former Leffert's Av. Designation.

Take the (V) out, atleast on Queens Blvd. Or reduce Queens Blvd operations for the (V) so there can be more room for (G) Trains to operate to 71 St- Continental. The (V) just as it has been in its establishment a useless line, or at best a supplementary line. The (G) is increasingly becoming more used due to the influx of people in the downtown brooklyn, williamsburg, and greenpoint areas. Why terminate a train at Court Sq? There isn't really any use, the area isn't really a key transfer point, and the walk in the useless tunnel is burdensome. Extend the (G) south bound to Church Avenue like it was in the sixties, and if you want to push it, have the (G) run to Kings Highway peak hours, and have a (F) Culver Express and utilize those Express tracks for the peak hours.

Thats my $0.02.

It'll screw Bronx (D) riders over. The train service sucks on the Weekends as is so making it local would just make it worse. I don't see why the (B) can't run down Brighton on weekends. During rush hours the (D) needs longer express service at least till 8 pm.

Thank you....I truly agree with you on that

Archived