Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
ACEVE14

I saw 4 New Flyer D60HF Buses running on the Bx12 +SBS.

I was out at Broadway & W 207th St with a YAI social worker of mine, and while I was watching a few Bx12 +SBS Buses, I noticed a bus ending its route behind a Nova Bus LFSA Bus. I walked up and I couldn't believe my own eyes.:eek: It was one of the former buses for the Bx12 +selectbusservice: 5742.

Later during today, I saw 3 more D60HF buses in order: 5755, 5761, and 5744.

Call it a hunch, but if I'm right, the MTA might have a chance to reunite the other former +select buses (5734-5741, 5743, 5745-5754, 5756-5760, and 5762-5769), re-brand them for +selectbusservice and probably run some, any or all of those buses on the Bx12, M15, M34/M34A, or the B44 +selectbusservice.

[sings] "Reunited and it fells so good, Reunited and it's understood.;)

Rant:

Man, I hate the new numbers list. It's impossible to keep track of them all. I forget which system it is (maybe Baltimore or DC in Maryland) they number their buses based on the bus type or with prefix/suffixes. That way there's no worries about what to number the buses ie: number recycling that the MTA does.

The NF C40lf #230 would be the 1st number and no other bus of its type would've been numbered before it like a #188.

I saw a D60HF on the Bx12 SBS a while back, it was due to scheduled maintenance or something.

Hey, I love the D60HFs as much as the next guy, but you guys can keep 'em. I'll be just fine with the LFSAs on the B44 :cool: but not on Rogers Av

I remember over the summer while I was at Pelham Bay Park, I saw an Orion V on the +select. I would've taken a pictture of it but it was too late

Have seen the D60 Bx12 +SBS+... I remember getting a pic of the MCI classic next to a 57xx on the Bx12 +SBS+ during the TTMG BBQ (still dunno what I did with that pic).

I was out at Broadway & W 207th St with a YAI social worker of mine, and while I was watching a few Bx12 +SBS Buses, I noticed a bus ending its route behind a Nova Bus LFSA Bus. I walked up and I couldn't believe my own eyes.:eek: It was one of the former buses for the Bx12 +selectbusservice: 5742.

Later during today, I saw 3 more D60HF buses in order: 5755, 5761, and 5744.

Call it a hunch, but if I'm right, the MTA might have a chance to reunite the other former +select buses (5734-5741, 5743, 5745-5754, 5756-5760, and 5762-5769), re-brand them for +selectbusservice and probably run some, any or all of those buses on the Bx12, M15, M34/M34A, or the B44 +selectbusservice.

[sings] "Reunited and it fells so good, Reunited and it's understood.;)

The MTA is not planning to put D60HF's on the Bx12 SelectBusService. The D60HF's were on the Bx12 SelectBusService in order to prevent the Nova LFS-A's from taking a lot of damage from the snow chains.

Have seen the D60 Bx12 +SBS+... I remember getting a pic of the MCI classic next to a 57xx on the Bx12 +SBS+ during the TTMG BBQ (still dunno what I did with that pic).

I remember that happenig there as well

...I was also in attendance at that BBQ ya know... ;)

I think that was a MC-series (predecessor of D4500)'

And yeah, D60s on the Bx12-SBS are still pretty common.

Edited by mtattrain

Sometimes a New Flyer borrowed from Kb can appear on the Bx12 +SBS, seen it before.

But the LFSA will be on the Bx12 regardless.

Off topic- I have been seeing a lot of 40 footers on routes normally using artics (D60s) during snow days. Any reason why?

Heard a driver said due to wait issues on the artics with snow?

Sometimes a New Flyer borrowed from Kb can appear on the Bx12 +SBS, seen it before.

Off topic- I have been seeing a lot of 40 footers on routes normally using artics (D60s) during snow days. Any reason why?

That mostly happens when Gun Hill's artics are taking a dump on themselves. It happened a lot in the summer of 2011.

damn it, i should have been on Lex or 3rd ave, I want to see a 100th st hybrid on the M102/103, i doubt the 101 since thats a long ass bus line and it needs arctics the most out of the 3, I haven't seen a 40" bus on any of those routes and god know how long