Mabstoa question

blewisemt

I am waiting for the reinstated number to come up for 8006 and in the mean time recieved letter from 2901 to repoert tp Livingston. I currently work for ems and am looking to switch over any suggestions would be appreciated. Id like to work in staten island but if i dont no big deal.

thax ahead of time:confused:

If I remember correctly both of the exam number you gave are for bus Operator. If you came on as the list 2901 then you would be unable to work in Staten Island or Queen Division of New York City Bus. MABSTOA is not civil service but has the same protection rules in place. If when you say EMS you mean with the FDNY then you should be able to carry over your civil service time, and pension tier. I’m not sure if the same applies for MABSTOA. NYCTA operators have to pay scales depending on the Union. MABSTOA does not (HAs higher of the 2) I would come in as mabstoa and then just change over when they call for the 8006 exam. I think you lose seniority and maybe have to do probation all over. Not 100% sure. I know there is more but I can’t remember right now and others will hopefully correct and add information in the future. If I was you go down and talk to someone when doing your paper work at 180 Livingston. HR handles the processing of new applicant and they should be able to answer all questions. Just make sure you have them written so you don’t forget what to ask.

Archived