Brooklyn Mother Sues MTA in Son's Subway Tunnel Death

mark1447

Dontchya love how the mom is always holding up the picture (for pity) of their boy in these sorts of situations where the son was at fault for doing something wrong but momma swears her son was a good boy and would not hurt anyone?

Whats up with that?

Instead of blaming authorities and the MTA and suing them, shouldn't she be asking her self, why was my son on the tracks? what was wrong with him that he was playing in a highly dangerous conspicuously marked prohibited area? Where did I go wrong as a parent that I did not teach my child well and how he lacked the common sense to stay off of subway tracks?

She wont get a dime and she doesn't deserve it either. Maybe the MTA will be nice and pay for the kids funeral costs but no more than that.

Family of Brooklyn Man Killed By Train Sues MTA - WNYC

marva%20nelson_medium_image.JPG

One can only hope the jury thinks the same way, but based on past outcomes, I have my doubts about the jury ruling in the MTA's favor. Sadly it seems the jury either buys into the sob stories or they have a bone to pick with the MTA, at least that's the way I see it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I please present to you all, the 1st nominee on the NYC Transit Forums "Best Or Worst of 2012" awards for "dumbest idiotic son of a b**** of the year" award. She has totally lost it on herself, suing the (MTA) for her son's death on the subway system. The mama shouldn't even blame the (MTA) on that tragic day, instead she should be blaming all this nonsense on herself and her dumba** son for trespassing onto the subway tunnels.:mad: Of all the nerve of subway riders who would be dumb and stupid enough to go down on the train tracks just because the dropped something on the tracks or that they just felt like it for no obvious reason. If

there was ever a time when every transportation company around the world asks for help from President Obama to establish a law to implement platform protection screen doors on every single train station (subway, commuter, and trolley). Well, that's pretty much the only thing I can think of, I'm pretty sure some of y'all can think of something else.

Unfortunately, there are those idiots who do things while their grieving loved ones only think money can cure their ills.:eek:

Anyone with half a brain knows you DON'T go into the subway tunnels under ANY circumstances, but the real problem is we seem to have a generation who thinks they are invincible and nothing will ever happen to them it seems. :mad:

Hopefully, the one good thing that comes out of all of this is perhaps the (MTA) can do more announcements on the dangers of going into the tunnels unauthorized and also reminding people (again!) that it is trespassing to go into the tunnels unless authorized, which is illegal!!

Anyone with half a brain knows you DON'T go into the subway tunnels under ANY circumstances, but the real problem is we seem to have a generation who thinks they are invincible and nothing will ever happen to them it seems. :mad:

Wait until people see the new movie, Chronicles, next month. Some knucklehead will walk the tracks thinking he can stop a train with his mind. You watch.

Why are they not gates to block entry into tracks? STUPIDITY SHOULD NEVER PAY!!!!!!

There are red swing gates at the ends of the platforms that says "do not enter". So dunno what you are talking about.

They already proposed platform screen doors but it just wasn't feasible for our system

Yes, and I hope this isn't the reason the MTA becomes pressured to build them. List of reasons against them: expensive, platforms being curved, different car lengths, vandalism, mechanical failure.... more con than good. Problem is the lack of common sense these days as if people needs someone else to save them from themselves - a dumbing down of society as a whole.

Yes, and I hope this isn't the reason the MTA becomes pressured to build them. List of reasons against them: expensive, platforms being curved, different car lengths, vandalism, mechanical failure.... more con than good. Problem is the lack of common sense these days as if people needs someone else to save them from themselves - a dumbing down of society as a whole.

I see what you mean. I guess that's another reason the (MTA) put up the countdown clocks all over the system.

More people trying to turn a sad story with stupidity involved into MONEY.

Nothing will ever make up for what you don't have. Money is nothing, only necessary to survive. It does not cure evil, does not bring loved ones back, and it cannot make you happy no matter how much you have.

Lawsuits like this ought not even to reach the stage where preliminary statements are made.

Correction... It can make you happy at least for a little while... I mean hell $50 million... I'd weep a few crocodile tears and then go on a spending spree. lol

Yeah, with $50 Million, im sure thats enough for you to forget the person who died in your life. At least for a while.

That cash doesn't bring anyone back...

Plus she won't even be getting $50 million, she'd be paying up taxes.

One of the first things we were told in class was that MTA=ATM.. The supervisor was conveying the point that people will try anything to get money out of the MTA, and the city at large. See the ******* lawyer has nothing to lose,if we had LOSER PAYS like in Britian, you would see these frivolous lawsuit stop happening.

This mom is nothing more than a mark being preyed upon by some piece of crap lawyer that knows the MTA will most likely settle out of court for $5 million and he will take his $2 million payout....

NY City keeps hundreds of millions of dollars set aside to settle cases like this out of court...

Yeah, with $50 Million, im sure thats enough for you to forget the person who died in your life. At least for a while.

That cash doesn't bring anyone back...

Plus she won't even be getting $50 million, she'd be paying up taxes.

50 million......

Mom looks like she could piss through that in a single trip to Kings Plaza.

From reading up on The Civil Rights Tax Relief Act, the incubator of this not so bright crotch dropping would not be liable for any taxes on monies received in a civil suit since it involved, heh, personal injury. If this waste of courtroom time goes through, it'll probably be filed in his name to insure every penny (minus the shyster's piece of the action) goes to the survivors.

I personally think it was noble of him to remove himself from the gene pool and help give our species a better chance in the future. Now if only his mom got that memo 20 years ago....

There's no disputing your statement. As I posted in the thread about subway deaths, Darwinism has been validated and is in progress.

I'm not excusing anybody, but just throwing it out there: What's the chance that the man who was hit was mentally retarded? I mean, from the way the article is written, it sounds like he just "wandered off" onto the tracks (He wasn't trying to retrieve something or anything like that), which as we know, normal people don't do.

If it was the case, then whoever was looking after him should be responsible.

My question is what method did they use that they didn't manage to find him? I mean, if he was 200 yards into the tunnel, it doesn't seem like it could've been that hard to find him (but then again, I don't work in the tunnel so I wouldn't know). But again, at 07:30, it's the morning rush hour and it's obviously understandable to want to get things moving. They probably figured that the risk of him getting hit was low, so the chance that they would have to shut down the tunnel for several hours to investigate was low, and wasn't worth shutting down the tunnel for any longer than the 40 minutes they already spent searching.

I'm not excusing anybody, but just throwing it out there: What's the chance that the man who was hit was mentally retarded? I mean, from the way the article is written, it sounds like he just "wandered off" onto the tracks (He wasn't trying to retrieve something or anything like that), which as we know, normal people don't do.

My question is what method did they use that they didn't manage to find him? I mean, if he was 200 yards into the tunnel, it doesn't seem like it could've been that hard to find him (but then again, I don't work in the tunnel so I wouldn't know). But again, at 07:30, it's the morning rush hour and it's obviously understandable to want to get things moving. They probably figured that the risk of him getting hit was low, so the chance that they would have to shut down the tunnel for several hours to investigate was low, and wasn't worth shutting down the tunnel for any longer than the 40 minutes they already spent searching.

You got us there, chief; only a retard would contemplate entering and walking through a subway tunnel. Stupid is as stupid does. It's the same with people who participate in elevator or subway car surfing; they're plain old STOOOPID. As is the case with people who insist on leaning over the platform edge and stare obliviously in the opposite direction of the incoming train. If, in fact, he was disabled to the point of not possessing the mental faculties to function at a level slightly higher than a can of lima beans, he would have been worm buffet long before this incident. If, in fact, he was afflicted severely enough that he couldn't make the most basic common sense decisions, he would be deemed a threat to himself and would've been institutionalized for his own well being; or, at the least, he would have had professional supervision provided under numerous provisions under SSI, Medicare, Americans With Disabilities Act, etc. His mother, no doubt, would've been pissing away his SSI benefits.

I mean, from the way the article is written, it sounds like he just "wandered off" onto the tracks (He wasn't trying to retrieve something or anything like that), which as we know, normal people don't do.

Yes, in this day-in-age, people who we think are "normal" do stupid shit like this!

It says,

"According to Rowe’s sister, a booth clerk saw Rowe wandering on the subway tracks and called for the subway tunnel to be closed for a search. When that search turned up no sign of Rowe, the tunnel was reopened."

Was she actually there? I don't know. It sounds like she was there, but it could be she asked the booth clerk.

If he was mentally retarded (which I don't believe) & he was known to do things that weren't right, why did they let him go by himself?

I have an autistic brother, that I would NEVER let go anywhere by himself, let alone the subway.

Archived