Brooklyn Mother Sues MTA in Son's Subway Tunnel Death

mark1447

“He was not searched for long enough,” said Yunette Rowe.

If I had a nickel for every person wandering around where they shouldn't be in the system in the first place—my parents worked for MTA, too (my dad was in flagging for his last twelve years), even they'd call me a damned idiot... but you shouldn't have to work for MTA to be aware that anything weighing at least 745 thousand pounds traveling at any speed and coming at you has DEATH and your name written on it.

My favorite are those morons whom think its funny to swing their female acquaintances around near the platform when a train is rolling into the station... they going to say "Sorry." if they get legs, arms or life severed!? :mad:

I'm still trying to determine if this person WAS mentally challenged (legally) or what. Knowing that area well, above and below, Nostrand Avenue I have a nagging feeling that this person may have ditched his illegal stash in a subway grating and was in the process of retrieving said stash when this happened. If the article is correct a simple roadbed search would never find the person because he was probably in the emergency staircase between the benchwall and the street and not at track level. Unless the person commited a violent crime or displayed a weapon at street level the police wouldn't do a thorough search underground, just a cursory roadbed check, in my experiences down there. Just my speculation though. Carry on.

Archived