Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
pelhamlocal

Opinion on Straphangers inside subway cars. Not the people

Should be bring em back or not. I honest think that we should, because i just love hanging on to one, but also so hands won't touch on the grab bars. YUK!:eek:

What do you think?

I say no... One more thing to get filthy and also people tend to be less balanced using them. In other words you see "straphangers" (this time I'm referring to the people ;) ) leaning into folks sitting down more as the train sways from side to side.

I can't say I'm really a fan. They can be easier to grab than the bars, but still. What annoys me the most is that the new "trend' in Athens is for people to steal them and put them on their schoolbags. Usually the ones from the buses. Also, since people try to steal them, not always succeeding, they become lose and when someone actually needs them they get cut and the person falls...

I personally they shouldn't bring them back.

1) Like Via Garibaldi 8 said, it's going to get filthy from millions of people touching it anyway.

2) When people hold onto a straphanger as oppose to the bar, they tend to swing a lot, but with the bar, they are more stable.

wrong

Meh. :)

Indeed. ;)

incorrect.

B)

Yes.

No.

LOL I like how you guys made one word arguments lol. It made my day.

Anyway I am going to say no, because people will just mess with them. Especially since NYC has some of the most uncivilized people on the face of the planet.

Wanna be the 6ft 4 or 5 person that has to watch his face/head from hitting one of those? I sure wouldn't. Bad enough they have to watch out for the overhead railings.