4th Avenue

jacsnyy

I think they should do something with 4th Avenue, such as add more local service. My home stop is Union Street, and waiting at Pacific Street for the (R) is unbearable sometimes, when 4 or 5 express trains pass before one local. I think they should add the (M) to 4th Avenue more often, or maybe run the (W) or the (J) to 95th Street alongside the (R) when the (M) isn't running down there. Thoughts? I'd like to see 4th Avenue run more like Queens Blvd, as a passanger

I think they should do something with 4th Avenue, such as add more local service. My home stop is Union Street, and waiting at Pacific Street for the (R) is unbearable sometimes, when 4 or 5 express trains pass before one local. I think they should add the (M) to 4th Avenue more often, or maybe run the (W) or the (J) to 95th Street alongside the (R) when the (M) isn't running down there. Thoughts? I'd like to see 4th Avenue run more like Queens Blvd, as a passanger

In my opinion, I think the (M) should go back to the Brighton Line; Airgo, extending the (W) between Whitehall and 9 Av, middays, and then to Bay Parkway, rush hours. At least with the (W) runninig Via Montague and 4 Av, the wait times would be shorter, and it would help out the (R).

What times are you waiting for the (R) because I don't really see a problem with them on 4th Avenue. I think the (R) has enough trains running on that line. It can maybe use one or two more.

What would be nice is to have the (W) run beyond Whitehall more often definitely helping the 4th Avenue local stops.

My home station is 36th Street & 45th Street.

I would have the (D) and the (J) running to 95th Street. The (D) Express and the (J) Local. The (N) remains the same, and the (R) run on West End to Coney Island. It would run local with the (J) from 36th Street

Thats gonna cause a mess and delays with that switching at 59th Street.

Keep the (D) and the (R) the way it is. Just run the (J) to 9th Avenue off peak.

I would have the (D) and the (J) running to 95th Street. The (D) Express and the (J) Local. The (N) remains the same, and the (R) run on West End to Coney Island. It would run local with the (J) from 36th Street

Your suggestions,

(D) :mad: To 95 street, not in this lifetime

(J) :mad: You are making this line longer than it needs to be

(N):D Perfect

(R) :mad: To Coney Island via the West End, not in this lifetime

My suggestion:

(D) Stay on it's current route.

(M) Should run peak direction express service on the West End

®Add more input.

(J) Should stay where it goes.

(W) Should be extended to 59th Street then run light to the Sea Beach Express track and relay back into 59th Street.

(N) Stay on it's current route.

My suggestion:

(D) Stay on it's current route.

(M) Should run peak direction express service on the West End

®Add more input.

(J) Should stay where it goes.

(W) Should be extended to 59th Street then run light to the Sea Beach Express track and relay back into 59th Street.

(N) Stay on it's current route.

Ahh, you know, I never thought of 59 St / 4 Av as a terminal.. Thats a good idea dude!

I'd like to see 4th Avenue run more like Queens Blvd, as a passanger

So you want the following?

- Overcrowded express trains (both of them)

- One local train that comes relatively often but is of no use to you, or so you think

- One local train that almost never comes, even during the rush

- Poorly maintained cars (Jamaica is overloaded)

- Slow service through the S/B tunnel between Roosevelt Avenue to Queens Plaza throughout the next few weeks

- Wild animals for passengers

- Old cars on the (E)

Of course, I'm talking through the view of a passenger. I personally have no problem at all with any of the above listed...except for the damn (R)...

Ahh, you know, I never thought of 59 St / 4 Av as a terminal.. Thats a good idea dude!

Thank you. :D

So you want the following?

- Overcrowded express trains (both of them)

- One local train that comes relatively often but is of no use to you, or so you think

- One local train that almost never comes, even during the rush

- Poorly maintained cars (Jamaica is overloaded)

- Slow service through the S/B tunnel between Roosevelt Avenue to Queens Plaza throughout the next few weeks

- Wild animals for passengers

- Old cars on the (E)

Of course, I'm talking through the view of a passenger. I personally have no problem at all with any of the above listed...except for the damn (R)...

He's right. Queens Blvd. Line is by far the worst next to Lexington for service. I use to ride it to my ex's in Jamaica and the train was so overcrowded that I to let two (E)'s and a (V) pass before I got on a SIGHTLY less crowded (R) train.

Thank you. :D

He's right. Queens Blvd. Line is by far the worst next to Lexington for service. I use to ride it to my ex's in Jamaica and the train was so overcrowded that I to let two (E)'s and a (V) pass before I got on a SIGHTLY less crowded (R) train.

As a regular Lex rider, I actually prefer the Lex. Most of the time when a train comes, everybody is getting on. On Queens Blvd. half the people push to the front only to realize the train they're fighting to get on isn't even going where they want, especially when an R32 pulls in on the (F)ox. Not to mention the newer equipment on Lex means there is less station dwell time as the geese know exactly when the C/R is going to try and close down, and therefore when they SHOULDNT be standing in the door's "right of way." :)

As a regular Lex rider, I actually prefer the Lex. Most of the time when a train comes, everybody is getting on. On Queens Blvd. half the people push to the front only to realize the train they're fighting to get on isn't even going where they want, especially when an R32 pulls in on the (F)ox. Not to mention the newer equipment on Lex means there is less station dwell time as the geese know exactly when the C/R is going to try and close down, and therefore when they SHOULDNT be standing in the door's "right of way." :(

Queens Boulevard on weekends is terrible... Lex is a lot better. At least express and local are segregated at 59th and 86th.

Archived