NJT/Private operators Riddles Thread

Q101 E Midtown

next my turn prepare for a challenge:

I had ability I was called the connection but my schedule was forsaken I tried to gain the hearts from PA but at last I could not I timed with the trains I used to be part of a long line NJT has abandoned me If I originated from my garage I would have had a chance NJT did me wrong and never gave me a fair share I used to be mini but I had to go MCI I died horribly in 2010 no one fought for me identify my name why can't I meet the former NJT line to become more useful who DID I use to be

Route 981 Port Liberte-Grove Street

Well, you might as well tell us what it was. We can't take too long with these riddles.

Fine I will tell you none of you guessed it the route I was describing was the 884 line. It used to be part of the very long 114. It was called clinton connection BUT service to clinton was so horrid ridership could never materialize due to missed connections with trans-bridge so for get about attracting PA riders. It's garage was in new Brunswick if It originated there it would attract more riders while killing the SCOOT. And link with NEC and some very crowded lines.

I'll make another one.

I just got an interesting reroute. Every hour (hour and a half on the weekends) I traveled through local business district as a mean to fill a gap left by a nearby route. And if I'm not running through the area, some other route is. As for that area that faces longer gaps, well, there is someone else to pick up the slack for me.

119 doesn't run on weekends. I'm guessing the 10.

B35 - You had me stumped until I read the question again. 319 is the only line that goes to NYC from one garage but I should of realized that you said NYC, not PABT, because then if that was the case, I would of said the 126 since that's the only line that Greenville has that goes to PABT. But, once again, you said NYC, and the 120 goes there. But, what about the 119? Wouldn't that also be the only NJ Transit owned line that goes to NYC ?

I'll make another one.

I just got an interesting reroute. Every hour (hour and a half on the weekends) I traveled through local business district as a mean to fill a gap left by a nearby route. And if I'm not running through the area, some other route is. As for that area that faces longer gaps, well, there is someone else to pick up the slack for me.

Route 88 North Bergen - Jersey City - Journal Square

Route 88C runs along Central Avenue when 119 is not operating

Weekdays 10AM - 3PM

Weekends 8AM - 7PM

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0088.pdf

Route 88 North Bergen - Jersey City - Journal Square

Route 88C runs along Central Avenue when 119 is not operating

Weekdays 10AM - 3PM

Weekends 8AM - 7PM

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0088.pdf

Correct. Pass or go?

119 doesn't run on weekends. I'm guessing the 10.

B35 - You had me stumped until I read the question again. 319 is the only line that goes to NYC from one garage but I should of realized that you said NYC, not PABT, because then if that was the case, I would of said the 126 since that's the only line that Greenville has that goes to PABT. But, once again, you said NYC, and the 120 goes there. But, what about the 119? Wouldn't that also be the only NJ Transit owned line that goes to NYC ?

The 119 might be the only one out of the Hoboken, but we don't know what Academy garage does what service.

OK, I'll keep it going...

I am a current NJ Transit bus route who at one time in the past had two private bus companies running parallel my route competing with me. One of the privates dropped out and the other transferred this route to a major bus company. They ran it for a while and then dropped the route leaving NJ Transit as the sole operator of this route.

If you're talking about the 126, Academy didn't drop it. NJT absorbed their operating authority on that route, and what is known today as the 22 and the 23. They restructured the 22/23 services to become NJT-subsidized routes, where they will perpetually be operated by 22 Hillside (Academy). They assumed full control of the 126 to reduce operating inefficiencies.

If you're talking about the 126, Academy didn't drop it. NJT absorbed their operating authority on that route, and what is known today as the 22 and the 23. They restructured the 22/23 services to become NJT-subsidized routes, where they will perpetually be operated by 22 Hillside (Academy). They assumed full control of the 126 to reduce operating inefficiencies.

That is Correct. Pass or Go?

I was not sure what happened w/Academy. I know they took over the route from Red Apple Transit.

The other private that ran it was Holiday Coach (Maria Transportation). I remember when they rear-ended another vehicle inside the tunnel because of brake failure. Correct me if I am wrong, but were they taken out of service because of poor unsafe equipment since the accident?

I'll do one.

If you look at my schedule, you notice that some of my trips have a longer travel time(by about 8 minutes), mainly between two particular stations. It's not because they're just happens to be extra traffic. No, I'm not a NJT bus route, but I duplicate one that has the same southern terminal as I do(and I serve its northern terminus too), and a NJT railroad line with the same northern terminus as my western branch. My eastern branch is replaced with peak express service during rush hours. Who am I?

B35 - You had me stumped until I read the question again. 319 is the only line that goes to NYC from one garage but I should of realized that you said NYC, not PABT, because then if that was the case, I would of said the 126 since that's the only line that Greenville has that goes to PABT. But, once again, you said NYC, and the 120 goes there.

But, what about the 119? Wouldn't that also be the only NJ Transit owned line that goes to NYC ?

sry I didn't see this post sooner.... and I see what you're gettin at....

I wasn't even thinkin about the new 119, nor was I considering the garages of private carriers.... but even if, my question should have said "I'm the only NJT route out of my NJT garage", to be a little more technical/precise....

The 119 might be the only one out of the Hoboken, but we don't know what Academy garage does what service.

I know the 136 freehold mall express runs academy buses sometimes (been on a couple of em), but I don't know if those buses are coming out of the hoboken garage, the one out in perth amboy, or the one along rte. 9 in Toms River.....

I'll do one.

If you look at my schedule, you notice that some of my trips have a longer travel time(by about 8 minutes), mainly between two particular stations. It's not because they're just happens to be extra traffic. No, I'm not a NJT bus route, but I duplicate one that has the same southern terminal as I do(and I serve its northern terminus too), and a NJT railroad line with the same northern terminus as my western branch. My eastern branch is replaced with peak express service during rush hours. Who am I?

Rockland Coaches 11A?

• 2 weeks later...

nope.... you're getting warm though.....

137?

nah.... the express 137's go straight to toms river from PABT...

the local 137's serve brick p&r, then regular roads to toms river.... it never dives back onto the GSP after serving brick p&r....

-------------

The route I'm thinking of, hops off the highway to serve one destination (which in this case, is a p&r), then dives back onto that same highway (all trips of this route, do this)..... Yes, that can define many NJT route... but what eliminates many of those routes is the next part of the clue, where I said:

On some trips, that diversion (aforementioned above) is not the only one I make whilst on this hwy.....

(In other words, some trips it hops off & on & off & on this same highway to serve two specific, separate bus stops.....)

Hope that helps.... SJP's guess was the closest so far....

Archived