Retired Routes

I Run Trains

Yoooooooo do any of ya'll remember or ever been on these routes before they was canceled?

Bx23 - that use to run from Crosby/Westchecter Ave and Throggs Neck Before the Bx8 was extended and combined with the Bx23

Bx24 - that used to run from Fordham Plaza to Feildston Rd in Riverdale. I been on that before..

Bx52 - I took the from Orchard Beach Before, I forgot where it when thou! Lol

Bx54 - I been on that. It used to stop in parkchester and soundview... I 4got where else it went after..

What retired lines ya'll been on? :eek:

Q69 (old version, not Q19A)- From Hunter's Point to LIC

Q89- A Triboro Line (not the Q9A) Elmhurst to Jackson Heights

Q99- Some Jamaica thing

Q24 old version Grand Ave to Woodside

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, and im not gonna even go into the renumbering.

Anyone remember the Q21A, from Rockaway to East New York? I never rode it but I saw it on the rollsign of MTA Bus (ex-Green) GMC #5839. Came to the end of the line and had the bus op go thru all the readings actually.

Q21A BEACH 35 STREET ONLY

Q21A FAR ROACKAWAY

Q21A IRT SUBWAY NEW LOTS

Sounded like an interesting route, going along Linden Blvd to the (3) train. Must've had some good speed on Cross Bay and Linden.

The B78 which use to run on rulph ave.....

Same goes for the B40 which is no more.

The Bx24 used to stop down the block from my house. it was a nice route, not too long, not a whole mess of people. I miss it.

the Q5A/AB/S: don't remember the routings for all of them but this was being discussed on Buschat

Q49: old Archer av shuttle when the El was being knocked down

I used to take the Bx31 everyday at Woodlawn - Neried Avenue, but now I take it at 233st to transfer to the Bx16 after the re-route to Katonah Avenue. Never been on other routes since the 16 and 31 was all I rode back then.

Bx54 - I been on that. It used to stop in parkchester and soundview... I 4got where else it went after..

The old Bx54 started at the Simpson St. (2)/(5) station, and ran Southern, Bruckner, Bronx River, Story, White Plains, Westchester, Metropolitan. It ended at the Oval. It was discontinued in 1990.

been on:

* the old B5 & B50 (much better than this current B82)

* the old B78

* the old B18 (that s*** had to go... extending the B13 only made sense)

* the old B40

* the old B62

* the old Q69

that's about all I can recall...

I miss that B50 i use to take it to school every moring B78 im glad its gone wait time was no good.

I miss that B50 i use to take it to school every moring B78 im glad its gone wait time was no good.

I'm inclined to agree w/ you on the old 78...

but you know what.. the current 47 isn't much better....

ralph av service in east flatbush & flatlands in general, stinks....

Archived