Do they wanna get hurt??

Quill Depot

They don't realize that one day a train is going to sneak up on them and it will be too late to react.

Ha!

By the time a MNCRR train comes in, they will hear the whistle, jump and one of em ill fall in the tracks.

LIRR, forget about it, they don't whistle coming into the station, unless they see someone sitting on the edge, but even that it ill be to late to keep the kids from getting hurt.

I see a lot of teens who do that, especially in the suburbs, smh..

Then who gets the blame for the death? The MTA...

God knows if one day the MTA would be forced to have the Railroad trains restrict speeds at stations, because of dumba$$es like them.. ><

Ha!

By the time a MNCRR train comes in, they will hear the whistle, jump and one of em ill fall in the tracks.

LIRR, forget about it, they don't whistle coming into the station, unless they see someone sitting on the edge, but even that it ill be to late to keep the kids from getting hurt.

I see a lot of teens who do that, especially in the suburbs, smh..

Then who gets the blame for the death? The MTA...

God knows if one day the MTA would be forced to have the Railroad trains restrict speeds at stations, because of dumba$$es like them.. ><

What? Metro-North trains have whistles again lol, well the LIRR trains do blow the horn entering stations but it not a rule like over at MNRR.

What? Metro-North trains have whistles again lol, well the LIRR trains do blow the horn entering stations but it not a rule like over at MNRR.

They do, but not that many times. I only hear them blowing when entering a tunnel, MOW workers ahead or passengers trying to get hurt.

Ha!

In some cases they will not have time to jump. If you have an express train or dead head approaching a platform on a curve, there's not going to be enough time to react. If there was snow on the track, they won't hear the train until the hear the horn.

Whatever railroad that is it seems like they use bottom contact for the third rail. Is there no protective covering? Seems like it...

It is a bottom contact third rail and there is a protective covering to protect the rail, not to protect the fool that is dumb enough to step on it.

I agree they should not do that. They could get hit by zooming Amtrak because Amtrak could come up very fast than MNRR.

When I was at Bee-Line public hearing, I remember when I was transferring from TZX to Bee-Line #13 bus, Amtrak came unexpected when I was eating my lunch at north end of platform.

Archived