(6) operates in 2 sections

sovetskii52

At nights on Thursday and Friday, February 2-3rd, the (6) will operate in 2 sections. Between Pelham Bay Park and 125th Street, and 149th Street - Grand Concourse (4) to Brooklyn Bridge. Transfer at 125th Street to continue your trip. Interesting. Too bad it's only during the night. Hope someone can get a video of it at 138th Street - Grand Concourse and 149th Street - Grand Concourse.

NYCT - Service Advisory

Ok that (6) train G/O will be very interesting. Thanks for posting it!

This would be the second time I catch the (6) along the Jerome IRT. First time was at Burnside Avenue in 2004, when the (6)s were sent to Woodlawn.

Guest lance25

The (6) has done this split service thing several times recently. They've been primarily done during the late nights though, so you might not have heard of it.

The (6) has done this split service thing several times recently. They've been primarily done during the late nights though, so you might not have heard of it.

Yeah but the split ending at 125th Street. There hasn't been a g/o on the (6) running on another line for years.

(6) to Woodlawn?? What was the (4) doing then?

The (4) ran normal. This was 2004, things were some what different back then.

Yeah but the split ending at 125th Street. There hasn't been a g/o on the (6) running on another line for years.

The (4) ran normal. This was 2004, things were some what different back then.

(6) to Woodlawn?Wow I don't remember that. why was it done?

Actually, there was a GO on the (6) a few months ago with it ending at 149 Street-Grand Concourse.

Here's the thread:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/f180/6-train-32093.html

Damn, didn't know. I guess i gotta go back to checking the late night General Orders the t/a lists. But ill make sure to hit up the next g/o that comes in.

(6) to Woodlawn?Wow I don't remember that. why was it done?

Not sure. Likely something along the Pelham Line. Shuttle buses were in place for a segment, if i can remember. This was a long time. This was on a Weekend too.

I wasn't much of a buff at that time. Even tho i still had my interest in trains.

Archived