Late Night Map

6 Lexington Ave

Guest lance25

Of course they'll complain. Even if they're wrong. It's almost like a way of life.

Though I am a bit puzzled by Donovan's comment about connections. If I'm trying to transfer to the LIRR at Atlantic-Flatbush Terminal at 3 in the morning, that connection from the Atlantic-Pacific complex isn't available, regardless if the building and tracks are.

Of course they'll complain. Even if they're wrong. It's almost like a way of life.

Though I am a bit puzzled by Donovan's comment about connections. If I'm trying to transfer to the LIRR at Atlantic-Flatbush Terminal at 3 in the morning, that connection from the Atlantic-Pacific complex isn't available, regardless if the building and tracks are.

He's talking about the "LIRR" transfer mentions, along with the subway connections beside to the station names; In other words, as it's read on both versions of the Map:

(Weekdays, day and evenings):

Atlantic Av-Pacific St

D-N-R-LIRR

Atlantic Av

B-Q-2-3-4-5-LIRR

(Late nights):

Atlantic Av-Pacific St

D-N-LIRR

Atlantic Av

Q-2-4-LIRR

They correctly removed the (:P, (R), (3), and (5) but not the "LIRR". This same error is also intact on Hunters Point (7) as well.

The Metro-North/LIRR represent the tracks, not the route(s) where the trains go on.

On another note, for the next time the (MTA) makes another printing of the Maps, they should consider putting a dark-red dot (red outlined-white circle for express), instead of a black one for non-free crossover stations (i.e., 75th Ave (E)(F), 86th St (4)(5)(6)). I thought it should be dark-red, so it doesn't clash too much with (1)(2)(3) lines.

And so the Gray (A) makes its map debut...

I've always wondered the reasoning behind the letters and colors. There doesn't seem to be a consistent system. The (A) shuttle is still an (A), and the (5) shuttle is still a (5) and green, The (R) also keeps its letter and color. All the other shuttles are (S) and gray.

I've always wondered the reasoning behind the letters and colors. There doesn't seem to be a consistent system. The (A) shuttle is still an (A), and the (5) shuttle is still a (5) and green, The (R) also keeps its letter and color. All the other shuttles are (S) and gray.

Because the three (S)s are permanent shuttles, while the (5), (R), (M), and (A) are 'short turns' of sorts.

Guest lance25

Also, concerning the grey (A), it's obviously colored that way to distinguish from the regular (A). With the (5), (M) and (R) shuttles, they are the only versions of that route designation. There are in effect two versions of the (A), the one from 207 St to Far Rockaway and the second, the shuttle from Euclid Av to Lefferts Blvd.

Archived