LFS eh? and around town

MHV9218

Thank you, and yeah only a handful of blackbacks left at Quill since they redid most of the 5060s along with 5203, 5242 and 5243. 8989, I just had that bus and it was a killer, definitely felt like there was a lot of life left in it but those 1996's days are numbered. Saw 9122 out there as well, hope that sticks around.

I was surprised, got two 600s in a row on the Q32 having only seen 6000s on the 32 before. I'll take it! And yep, 8989's still out there, seems like it should have at least a few more months. Thanks as well.

I figured as much....damn....I hope to get 8989 pretty soon.

As for the 600s, you shouldn't be surprised, they often have a good bunch running on the Q32 from time to time.

Those are some very nice shots sir! Im amazed that you have shots of 5 different buses that I have been on in the past week! Thats just insane!

So they got to 5243.....damn. At least 5231 appears to be untouched. I hope 8989 still runs as hard as it did at Quill, it was one of the best sounding 8900s from that depot.

Pretty damn good shots all around.

I've been on 8989 3 times in the last week, and she still runs like a champ. There is this one driver who gets her almost daily.

Now that it is odd, I haven't even shot five of the buses that I've ridden recently! And if you don't mind me asking, what route have you been getting 8989 on? I know a few of the B/Os out of 126th but I actually completely didn't recognize the guy driving 8989. Come to think of it, with the exception of 9122, haven't seen many 1996s recently at all, just MHV dominating the M116, the M31 has been mostly 94-9600s, and the M60 I'm frankly never on for whatever reason. With the new UP transfers, I think the days of the 8900 and 9200s at 126 are unfortunately spent.

I caught 8989 on the M31 & 35. Lately I've been on a few routes I never rode before. Im on 9493 as I type this headed to Wards to pick up my brother on the M35.

Archived