Stations that should be cleaned

B41

some of NYC's subway stations are very dirty. Here are the stations that could use a little TLC:

(R)- 4 av stations from union st to bay ridge-95 st

(4)(5) Bowling Green and Borough Hall

(N) from 8Av to 86st, Bklyn

The (N) uses R160B cars and it doesn't make sense to operate new trains in dirty stations.

some of NYC's subway stations are very dirty. Here are the stations that could use a little TLC:

(R)- 4 av stations from union st to bay ridge-95 st

(4)(5) Bowling Green and Borough Hall

(N) from 8Av to 86st, Bklyn

The (N) uses R160B cars and it doesn't make sense to operate new trains in dirty stations.

Three things here

1. I agree with all (R) stations being cleaned

2. The Brooklyn (N) stations aren't as bad as it seems, but you're right the open cut stations do need some renovations.

3. The (4)(5) Bowling Green and Borough Hall stations are good the way it is now, no need of improvements nor renovations. :D

The whole system needs to be clean, esp underground stations they all have rats....

Well, they come through the ventilation system, drainage system, some in from the street (hehe :cool:), and through nearby sewer.

- Andy

Yes it does. It balances it out.........

The bathroom at Parsons...
Parsons Archer? If so,it's just UNGODLY!! Smells horrible and I won't mention the behavior that goes on in the men's room.(use yur imagination:eek:)When I cleaned that station I used bleach the H*ll out of the bathrooms so people would spend the least amount of time in them.:(

Parsons Archer? If so,it's just UNGODLY!! Smells horrible and I won't mention the behavior that goes on in the men's room.(use yur imagination:eek:)When I cleaned that station I used bleach the H*ll out of the bathrooms so people would spend the least amount of time in them.:(

Yup that's the one B)

Also tracks need to be cleaned at 53/Lex...only thing that keeps it from being a track fire hazard is the streams of water between the rails

Yup that's the one B)

Also tracks need to be cleaned at 53/Lex...only thing that keeps it from being a track fire hazard is the streams of water between the rails

Wow,you named most stations I've cleaned at some point..Lol 53/Lex is a hazzard at rush hour because the platform is too small for all those people!They're building a store on that platform soooo.... there's more trash to come.:(

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned these yet, but Chambers and Bowery on the (J)(M)(Z) really need a good scrubbing and refurbishment.
That station has got to be the worst in the system that is still open to the public!

The whole system needs to be clean, esp underground stations they all have rats....

I was going to say the exact same thing. Every station is dirty, I have yet to see a clean one. I think the (MTA) needs to take a page off London because when I went there, the system was very clean and organized.

I just gotta throw this out there.

Why not an adopt a station program? You know, like the adopt a highway program they have. A corporation or large building in the area of the station can adopt it and see to it that it is kept clean.

Of course it wouldn't hurt if they stopped people from eating and drinking on the subways and issued more fines for littering.

Paul (B)

Wow,you named most stations I've cleaned at some point..Lol 53/Lex is a hazzard at rush hour because the platform is too small for all those people!They're building a store on that platform soooo.... there's more trash to come.B)

Uh oh...

and you are absolutely right about those crowds. When the third escalator to the (6) mezzanine stopped working this winter it was an absolute MIRACLE no one fell in the tracks during the AM rush...I was down there to witness it first hand..."edge to edge" people, not all of them looking where they're going...

Smith 9th St.- (F)(G) needs new concrete work on the whole structure. The Platform is falling apart, the canopies are falling apart, the whole structure is in disrepair. Along with 4th Ave, 9th St.

Broadway - (G) Has a stream running through the tracks and down the walls, i understand the station is well below the ground because of the IND 2nd System above but atleast waterproof the station better, the water strolls regular down the tile walls, and the river is all ways flowing between the tracks regardless of the last time it rained. The same in regards to 21 St - Van Alst.

Well right now isn't that the only one because of the station reconstruction? Believe me, give it a month or 2 and the station will be like the rest.
Well Pelham Parkway (2) station is holding up nice after reconstruction. B)

Uh oh...

and you are absolutely right about those crowds. When the third escalator to the (6) mezzanine stopped working this winter it was an absolute MIRACLE no one fell in the tracks during the AM rush...I was down there to witness it first hand..."edge to edge" people, not all of them looking where they're going...

Those escalator's can't handle the load at 53/lex so they're always gonna break at some point GUARANTEED!B)

Archived