Brooklyn mom's charged with abandoning her daughters on street corner

Shortline Bus

"A Brooklyn mom's Facebook page was updated with a photograph of someone hoisting a bottle of champagne - hours after her toddlers were dumped on a streetcorner.

Cops were still canvassing Canarsie looking for the mom about 6:15 p.m. on Sunday when the photo of the pink bubbly popped up. It was an odd time for a celebration.

Two-year-old Dominae and Diani, 3, were found in front of the Bay View Houses about 2:40 p.m. Police say their mother, Dalisha Adams, abandoned them. The single mom was busted about 11 p.m. - more than four hours after the head-scratching Facebook post.

Adams, 26, was awaiting arraignment late Monday on two counts of child endangerment.

There was no signs of abuse, although neighbors said Adams often cursed at the kids and gave them a tongue-lashing hours before they were ditched."

Brooklyn mom's Facebook page updated with picture of someone hoisting champagne just hours after her toddlers were dumped on streetcorner - NY Daily News

Guest lance25

What the hell is wrong with society these days? Sure, everyone needs a break sometimes, but you call a babysitter. You don't just leave two preschool-age kids on the damn corner like they're about to turn tricks.

For the safety of those kids, I really hope this lady loses custody of them because obviously she doesn't give a damn.

If she didn't want kids, she should have kept her legs closed. Poor little girls, they didn't have to suffer because of her. When I saw the bottle pic, I was disgusted. She was celebrating getting rid of her kids? What a world we live in.....

Short of someone like Susan Smith in South Carolina drowning her kids in her car 10-15 years back, this is as low as i seen in a while for a news story i heard in which a mom not wanting her kids. If she did not want her kids there plenty of places ms. adams could have sent her kids to be adopted.

Yet there are thousands of couples across America who for various health reason can not produce their own kids and would do almost anything to do so.

Hopefully this piece of crap(ms. adams) is sent to jail for a long time. While the little girls, would be sent elsewhere to a new loving family, that will take care of them.

Thank you, MHV.

Shame.....

.....something a lot of these baby mammas (at the very least) have gotten away without for decades.... There is a CULTURE of these "I can do it all by myself, I don't need no man, there aint no good black man, they all gay or in jail (although somehow these women are still gettin impregnated... go figure)" sistas out here.... All hail the sisterhood! Only in the black american community lies no shame whatsoever for being a single mother - Matter fact, it's portrayed as a sign of strength! Talk about being bass ackwards......

^^ Go head, think of how many middle eastern women bragging about & co-signing single motherhood.... asian women... latin women (not the ones that's assimilated)... african women... european women.... caucasian women, etc etc...

In any event, I bet money one of two things is the case here:

1) Her belligerent, frothing, attitudinal disposition drove the father of this kid away (although that is absolutely no justifiable excuse for the man's part, there are men out here claiming that their baby mamma's drove em away from wanting to [try furthering] maintaining a traditional family structure).... Brothas out here in general DO want to create families; from your most education-focused cat on down to your gun-totin hoodest nzzzz on the block.... and of course, everyone in-between.... I cannot honestly say the same for a lot of black women out here....

2) This was a "no good nzzzz" to begin with... a MF'er she KNEW wadn't goin be in the child's picture/life.... win-win for her, I suppose....

Of course, it's never about the children....

-------------------------------

In plain english, w/o the father in the picture, these baby mammas see $$$$$$$'s.... two sources, one from the gubbermintz AND in the form of child support - monies that go strictly for their own personal wants.... mamma's got stay fly, right

(so she continue this disgusting cycle of next man in [her], next man out, next child out, more money in)....

children (by them) are seen as nothin more than a source of income (as sick as that is)... they've gotten way too comfortable with said cycle/way of living.... We start shaming these women across the board, and hopefully enough of the younger women out here will get the message - The ones that aren't dragged too far down in the barrel of crabs while growing up, that is.....

The men are not totally blameless in this...

What we're seeing out here w/ this culture of sistas out here is a direct result of a lot of men being too passive (which if you ask me, is a result of being raised in a single mother household without NO exposure to other men in the family or otherwise whatsoever, but I'll digress on that one).... i.e. bringing up the lack of fathers' rights (which can bring on feelings of dejection, it doesn't mean you throw in the towel on your damn kid), "the system" is against black men (which I simply won't cosign, when it comes to using that as an excuse).... As much as I don't like the culture of baby mammas out here, I don't like the passive ass nature exuded by a lot of these men out here either.......

These women don't want upstanding, on point men... they want these cape-wearing thirsty ass simps out here, and there are plenty of them in rotation.... As for producing & raising women, you're supposed to want the best for your child (& want them to want the best for their children).... Of course these women claim they do, but if you're raising your daughters to be "jus like mamma", are you really doing what's best for your child?

Are abandoning your own f***ing kids doing what's best for your children !?!????

Archived